• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter X Tekken |OT| Truly, truly outrageous~

Tirael

I think it was Ultrachen or david or someone talking about it last night but combos ending with your opponent standing still will be big in this because of the potential damage that's possible and not having to worry about the wake-up game. It's an additional element that'll be explored for sure. Before that though, getting the big damage combos in will be the important key to the game.

I actually really like this idea. Problem is, landing more hits builds more meter for more options, (and to a lesser extent, does more damage despite scaling) and cutting yourself short runs against people's grain when it comes to a fighting game. Also, it's not feasible for a lot of the cast to leave an opponent standing because so many attacks knock down. In that case, I guess you might as well juggle.

ElFly

Oh yeah, tried the magic sequence taking out the starting jab.

You do more damage by taking out the starting jab.

I am ok with damage scaling but that may be too much.

So I search same skill in ranked.

Fight someone 5000 battle points higher than me.

I just don't get it. The fuck is this shit?

The next battle is someone 4000 battle points higher than me

This is such bullshit. I'm searching same skill, how does the game not even register that? 5000 Battle Points ahead of someone isn't the same skill

sleepykyo

So I search same skill in ranked.

Fight someone 5000 battle points higher than me.

I just don't get it. The fuck is this shit?

The next battle is someone 4000 battle points higher than me

This is such bullshit. I'm searching same skill, how does the game not even register that? 5000 Battle Points ahead of someone isn't the same skill

Shrugs, I get matched with 9000bp when I had 1300bp, granted I was set search to more skilled. But that's a pretty large gap.

Anyway the bp just seems to go up by 60 and down by 20p. It isn't like the player points in SF4.

LowParry

Geeez, I take some time off the game. Come back. And fall for the dumbest shit online. Plus I threw my stick a few times. fml...

Shrugs, I get matched with 9000bp when I had 1300bp, granted I was set search to more skilled. But that's a pretty large gap.

Anyway the bp just seems to go up by 60 and down by 20p. It isn't like the player points in SF4.

Yea I like the way it is more than SF4. In SF4 if you lose to someone with much less points you lose like 120. If you win you get like 6.

And I'd never throw my stick..I'm to broke to get another one

hampig

Hey I'm wondering if you guys can clear something up for me. I'm just getting into fighting games, got a stick and kof13 yesterday, but when I went online I could hardly even pull off a single special because of the lag. This happens to also be my first experience with playing online on the PS3, so I ask this. Is the PS3 online basically equal to the 360's? Does kof13 just really suck or should I switch to 360? I'd like to get SFxT but I don't want to move forward on a system that would give me a lesser overall experience.

LowParry

Hey I'm wondering if you guys can clear something up for me. I'm just getting into fighting games, got a stick and kof13 yesterday, but when I went online I could hardly even pull off a single special because of the lag. This happens to also be my first experience with playing online on the PS3, so I ask this. Is the PS3 online basically equal to the 360's? Does kof13 just really suck or should I switch to 360? I'd like to get SFxT but I don't want to move forward on a system that would give me a lesser overall experience.

Generally, fighters on the 360 flow better. But it also can be the players connection and their set up. KOF13 on either system online is pretty bad in my experience. SFxT has been great so far. Soon as they fix this sound issue online, it will be golden.

hampig

Generally, fighters on the 360 flow better. But it also can be the players connection and their set up. KOF13 on either system online is pretty bad in my experience. SFxT has been great so far. Soon as they fix this sound issue online, it will be golden.

Ok, thank you.

Morris

Disco Devil
good (two) games, Floyd

combos. you got em

edit: oh we run it back??

GGs, man.

Thanks for teaching me about Steve's lk & mk dodge spam. That shit is godlike lol.

Also, you need to step up your Hugo combos! When you do launcher into him you always drop the juggle. Hit dat lab, yo. You would be scarier if you could finish your damage.

You can add me if you want, my PSN is

Will do, sir.

Hey fellas, would you like me to add your gamertags to the first post(s)?

I would be most pleased if you could do that. Thanks in advance!

Hey fellas, would you like me to add your gamertags to the first post(s)?

You can add mine as well, and thanks in advance: My gamertag is PolluxOil and I'm only on the 360. I'm still relatively new and haven't trained as much as I'd like so I'm still learning the ropes here and there but would like to start getting in a few GAF match-ups.

Ferrio

Banned
Starting to get used to the new stick. Went online went about 50 50 with my new team. Still get blown up easily against a rolento though.

Wow this was my exact situation lol.

Internet%2BBro%2BFist%2B-%2BPlace%2BFist%2BHere.jpeg

cackhyena

Watching AE on WNF really makes me want to go back and play some. Hopefully it's not too dead, I'd love to get in some matches again.

Same. I like this game, but it's still no AE to me. Nothing has hit the right notes after SF4 came out. I don't think anything will. Fuck I'm really starting to get irritated at how inferior this online is to AE, though. I wanna like you more, SFxT. Why won't you let me?

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Same. I like this game, but it's still no AE to me. Nothing has hit the right notes after SF4 came out. I don't think anything will. Fuck I'm really starting to get irritated at how inferior this online is to AE, though. I wanna like you more, SFxT. Why won't you let me?

Because you are bias :3 So it will never be better

haha at the clock. chun vs guile playing footsies could easily eat up about 60% before hits start getting thrown

Also landed Law's 570 damage combo (feelsgoodman) then the timer ran out and I lost :(

From Ono's Twitter.....

I caused u so much worry for a while.I went back to work.SFteam're working wholeheartedly on patches forSFxTK,plz wait just a little longer

I apologize for that. And Thanks for a lot of get-well message!

I'll refrain from work for current job for a while. Another person in charge of SF series for a while.Of course I'll constant support to it.

I'll be out of the limelight as fighting game series for a while. I'll think about the new future of fighting game after this. ;D

Good to hear his okay. Interesting to see where this goes If he has to be replaced though.

zlatko

Banned
UltraDavid proves he is one of the best fighting game critics around and let's loose some potent criticisms on the game:

http://shoryuken.com/forum/index.ph...ion-thread-rev-b.147257/page-217#post-6715055

I can't disagree with any of it, only the degree of some of them. I am loving the game, but some of the mechanics simply don't mesh well together and time-outs are a result of that.

Give me a super please and make it DLC.

(Comments on the game being too new are superfluous. Of course I know that, we are working with what we know now and can change our minds later.)

I like everything he said here. Hard to argue with any of the points made, so I'd be interested if anyone here can rebutle his points.

I'm hoping a patch comes soon, but I don't see it especially with Ono out of the game, so odds are all decisions that aren't DLC oriented might be on the back burner. (Edit: Ah okay he did have someone carry the torch for patches, good deal)

Game could honestly use some balance changes too to a few characters in reference to his hit box comment i.e Yoshimitsu. :(

zlatko

Banned
Ultradavid doesn't like the music, so all his opinions should be ignored.

There is definitely better songs in past Capcom fighters, that's for sure.

The better music in this game isn't on stages though i.e the store menu music, the pick a trial music.

Maybe when they drop the 12 new characters this fall they will also hit up character themes for everyone to add in more flavor. :)

-----------

I went back to more tinkering around with King yesterday in training. He may have the juice I need to beat Hugo's since his knee hits him even if Hugo is crouching. Plus he should be able to deal with splash pressure a lot easier than my Kazuya or Rolento.

Kazuya/King experimenting online tonight with friends hopefully so I don't get flustered by randoms on ranked or endless. I'm going to change my play style a bit on how to incorporate and make use of King too. I'll shovel meter gems on Kazuya, leave the power on King, and intentionally fish for meter so I can tag him in for Knee combos and hard knock downs so they can't roll away from him to apply constant pressure.

I just can't give up on King simply due to the fact when that Alex alt drops, he'll be all I want to play until Bryan and Cody enter the fray.

Top Bottom