• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter X Tekken |OT| Truly, truly outrageous~

woaaahhh i'm on the front page of srk LOL. For the EVO intros headline they have a shot of the crowd, and it's all the dallas guys. I'm the goofy looking guy with glasses and a bigass head on the bottom near the left corner. I was stoned out of my mind at that moment, and also that whole weekend haha.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
woaaahhh i'm on the front page of srk LOL. For the EVO intros headline they have a shot of the crowd, and it's all the dallas guys. I'm the goofy looking guy with glasses and a bigass head on the bottom near the left corner. I was stoned out of my mind at that moment, and also that whole weekend haha.

Was this around the time you made the racial stereo type post? xD

So, I got a little bored of SFxT on the Peaceful Jay stream. Now I'm watching a Naruto Shipuuden Ultimate Ninja Storm 2 Gaiden stream lol. It's actually kind of entertaining. I have no idea what's going on but it's actually kind of entertaining. Almost like the Marvel of 3D fighters. It would have been interesting to see how this game would look at high level.

But back on topic, about the update that's coming. When is it again and what are we getting? Fixed sound, the tournament mode thingy for gems, anything else?

So, I got a little bored of SFxT on the Peaceful Jay stream. Now I'm watching a Naruto Shipuuden Ultimate Ninja Storm 2 Gaiden stream lol. It's actually kind of entertaining. I have no idea what's going on but it's actually kind of entertaining. Almost like the Marvel of 3D fighters. It would have been interesting to see how this game would look at high level.

But back on topic, about the update that's coming. When is it again and what are we getting? Fixed sound, the tournament mode thingy for gems, anything else?

Free colour packs and paid costumes are all up for grabs as well. Also a new set of gems soon after.

zlatko

Banned
I saw some Japanese players using that in the stream tournament. Seems pretty CHEAP solid

Which meter gems?

The 40% gain ones for 3 special moves, and the one for 40% gain for 4 special moves is AMAZING for Rolento. All you need is one knife to connect, then one rekka combo, and both activate.

I swear I built a bar of meter after that just for whiffing 4-5 knives. It's insane.

alstein

I think some people were waiting on the PC version just so they could get the real game without being ripped off. I thought SFxTK would sell well on PC, but only because folks could get around the DLC gouging.

I really need to learn how to Alpha counter better. I faced a good player that used it constantly, and made me question every poke when he had meter.

I don't think you can "price gouge" someone on an non essential entertainment product. This isn't bread or gasoline.

Anyways. I am liking Kuma!

Myomoto

Which meter gems?

The 40% gain ones for 3 special moves, and the one for 40% gain for 4 special moves is AMAZING for Rolento. All you need is one knife to connect, then one rekka combo, and both activate.

I swear I built a bar of meter after that just for whiffing 4-5 knives. It's insane.

Meter gems definitely seems like some of the best gems, they just generally provide so much for you.

I think some people were waiting on the PC version just so they could get the real game without being ripped off. I thought SFxTK would sell well on PC, but only because folks could get around the DLC gouging.

The price doesn't bother me, the game ships with a shitload of characters in the first place. What bothers me is the fucking wait for content that is probably only in need of final balancing, but I guess they're collecting data on the current cast and a rebalancing will be included with the new dudes.

zlatko

Banned
Meter gems definitely seems like some of the best gems, they just generally provide so much for you.

gootecksclapping.gif

All according to plan by Ryan.

Meter is a necessity in this game especially if you play characters without reversals, since their EX moves and alpha counters are their only get the fuck off me options.

sleepykyo

gootecksclapping.gif

All according to plan by Ryan.

Meter is a necessity in this game especially if you play characters without reversals, since their EX moves and alpha counters are their only get the fuck off me options.

That was my original plan for Jin, until someone mentioned that he can use stance mp as a reversal due to the inv on stance start up.

Think I still have a meter gem on Chun-Li since those Tekken cross chops kill df lk and standing mk.

SUPARSTARX

I saw some Japanese players using that in the stream tournament. Seems pretty CHEAP solid

People see a blinking purple icon and just stop doing stuff. Gives me chance to attack and build meter. just need to coordinate more meter in for fancy tag combos.

Not sure why, AE PC has DLC costumes (albeit a lot cheaper).

Not having the DLC data "on disc" for PC makes total sense. IIRC I don't think PC digital outlets charge for download bandwith? I just hope the game is still mod friendly.

LakeEarth

I'm totally in love with King now, limitations and all. Choosing right on command grabs is so rewarding, knee combos are rewarding, etc. He's limited, but not useless.

Also, everyone assumes that they can punish after a blocked EX convict kick, but you're actually +5 or so. It's like a frame trap that only works on unfamiliar players.

There are some issues though. It's really hard to come back before timeouts because almost all of his moves lead to 3-4 second animations. And his alpha counter causes people to fly across the screen, so you can't tag in for the juggle like some other alpha counters.

zlatko

Banned
I'm totally in love with King now, limitations and all. Choosing right on command grabs is so rewarding, knee combos are rewarding, etc. He's limited, but not useless.

Also, everyone assumes that they can punish after a blocked EX convict kick, but you're actually +5 or so. It's like a frame trap that only works on unfamiliar players.

There are some issues though. It's really hard to come back before timeouts because almost all of his moves lead to 3-4 second animations. And his alpha counter causes people to fly across the screen, so you can't tag in for the juggle like some other alpha counters.

It's also hella satisfying to shoulder check someone for a counter hit so they wall bounce for a free combo with him.

Do his knee lifes count as a special move? If so, he could benefit a SHIT ton from the meter gems I mentioned earlier that give you +40% gained meter for 3 special moves that connect, and another for +40% for 4 special moves. That's a total of 80% extra meter on whiffs or confirms. A knee lift combo already does 501 off a HP/HK jump in, and like 479 with a MK cross up I think.

I've yet to get use of him in ranked because my Rolento/Kazuya team is just so damn effective and I don't want to lose so I have to go slumming through more SRK mashers, and Rufus' who know only jab jab jab or short short short into ABC launch. Losing to people like that drives me ape shit nuts.

Anyone on 360 GAF want to hit up some sessions tonight in 5 hours or so to help me practice my King?

Myomoto

King Alex = bought!

Maybe Nina Rolento as well, Rolento Raven.

King Alex fo sho though.

Jetgl.png

Rawr >:3

Do his knee lifes count as a special move? If so, he could benefit a SHIT ton from the meter gems I mentioned earlier that give you +40% gained meter for 3 special moves that connect, and another for +40% for 4 special moves. That's a total of 80% extra meter on whiffs or confirms. A knee lift combo already does 501 off a HP/HK jump in, and like 479 with a MK cross up I think.

They're normal moves.

zlatko

Banned
DLC costumes are colorable yes? I really want to make my King Alex the same color as my favorite Alex sprite in SF3 which had white hair and black trousers.

LakeEarth

It's also hella satisfying to shoulder check someone for a counter hit so they wall bounce for a free combo with him.
I do need to put in that shoulder check into my arsenal of moves. I usually rely on backdash, his is okay.

I also really, really want to land that unblockable backflip on someone. But the recovery is something like 2 whole seconds.

Anyone figure out anything useful with his jaguar step move, other than avoiding fireballs at a distance? All of the moves from that stance is punishable, and the overhead one is very slow.

Ferrio

Banned
I do need to put in that shoulder check into my arsenal of moves. I usually rely on backdash, his is okay.

I also really, really want to land that unblockable backflip on someone. But the recovery is something like 2 whole seconds.

Anyone figure out anything useful with his jaguar step move, other than avoiding fireballs at a distance? All of the moves from that stance is punishable, and the overhead one is very slow.

I hate how the unblockable really isn't. Meaning you can put someone in blockstun with a multi hit move, tag cancel and bust out the flip and it still blocks.

I don't really play king (anymore) but moonsault or whatever its called is good to use after a knock down. Time it right and its meaty every time.

jaguar step is good on knock down as well...dash in to scare them and have them react to on wakeup, jaguar step so they whiff and either do over head or sweep. After the over head I suggest doing cr.mk, cr.hp into the grab move (cant remember what its called not the running body slam one but the back slam or something QCB P).

zlatko

Banned

Get them in the corner if you want to land the unblockable one. Honestly you should avoid that move altogether because it is 100% dildos. If you do get them in the corner and they aren't a roller or someone who has a DP on wake up, just start it up, and space it so the splash will hit them on their knees is your best bet if you just want to land it one time.

I use the jag step solely for the arm bar. If I do say cross up MK, cr jab cr jab, and they block it all, then I either do forward + MPx3 to see if I can get them witht he over head, or else I do the step into arm bar, and go for crouch jab to keep the pressure coming.

Shouta

Jaguar Step MP/HP is unsafe though, there's a little bit of time between the step and the activation of the elbow drop that can be interrupted by hitting King. It's pretty stupid. That needs to be invincible so it gives King an awesome wake-up game if they don't roll.

LakeEarth

I might force myself to incorporate that jaguar step into my matches. The only way I use a tool is by forcing myself to use it all the time until I figure what its good for.

I'm not the biggest fan of the f.mp string. People are catching on.

Top Bottom