• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter X Tekken |OT| Truly, truly outrageous~

I'm an expert

Formerly worldrevolution. The only reason I am nice to anyone else is to avoid being banned.
So is there a realistic chance of a sound patch for the online play or should I just sell the game?

You should mute it and play your own music. Doesn't everyone do this? I'm not even trying to be dismissive or generalize. I personally never play with the game's sound on. And I'd say over the years whether it's 3rd Strike, SF4, or this game, if I've ever played with a random person and they have their mic on for some reason, they ALWAYS have music in the background playing. And when I'm playing my friends the game is still muted so our tvs don't echo and we can hear each other talk.

Again, not trying to fan away your complaint about the sound online, it's a legitimate thing that is broken and sucks. But to sell the game over it? You might as well lie to yourself and say it's because of the dlc on the disc.

edit: I suppose I'm disregarding the people who use the sound effects as a part of their fighting style to land combos, etc. Sorry about that.

Chev

Just tried to download the free color tones and it says -1 to buy. So i click on it and it tells me I have to add points.

412244_10150709547179820_533979819_9131662_100678435_o.jpg

WTF is this shit?
in 32 bits arithmetic 4294967295's basically the same as -1. So one menu's displaying it signed as -1 and the actual price check's wisely checking it as an unsigned number (ie impossible for smartasses to get negative price). They should've set it as 0.

V_Arnold

in 32 bits arithmetic 4294967295's basically the same as -1. So one menu's displaying it signed as -1 and the actual price check's wisely checking it as an unsigned number (ie impossible for smartasses to get negative price). They should've set it as 0.

Actually, it is not a mistake, it is making sure that no one can download this before tomorrow. It is the highest price possible in the 32 bit range.

You should mute it and play your own music. Doesn't everyone do this? I'm not even trying to be dismissive or generalize. I personally never play with the game's sound on. And I'd say over the years whether it's 3rd Strike, SF4, or this game, if I've ever played with a random person and they have their mic on for some reason, they ALWAYS have music in the background playing. And when I'm playing my friends the game is still muted so our tvs don't echo and we can hear each other talk.

Again, not trying to fan away your complaint about the sound online, it's a legitimate thing that is broken and sucks. But to sell the game over it? You might as well lie to yourself and say it's because of the dlc on the disc.

edit: I suppose I'm disregarding the people who use the sound effects as a part of their fighting style to land combos, etc. Sorry about that.

You're right, I'm relying on the sound for combos, etc. Yes, it is a bad idea but I'm not willing to put more time into a broken game than necessary...

Chev

Actually, it is not a mistake, it is making sure that no one can download this before tomorrow. It is the highest price possible in the 32 bit range.

If it's not a mistake, it's a hell of a crappy software design. If they want to turn off buying there should be another attribute that enables or disables byuing, not just setting the price probably high.

V_Arnold

If it's not a mistake, it's a hell of a crappy software design. If they want to turn off buying there should be another attribute that enables or disables byuing, not just setting the price probably high.

Yeah, it should be more elegant, that is right.

Moofers

So I'm first getting to sit down and spend some real time with the game and I'm finding that KING is horribly fucking broken! His moves miss all the time, even if I'm standing right next to a still opponent. What gives?

I know some of his throws are counters like the running jaguar bomb, but other moves like the mexican step something (he plants a foot on their knee and runs up their body) will consistently miss an unblocking opponent.

Is there something I'm missing here, or is one of my favorite characters completely fucked?

LakeEarth

So I'm first getting to sit down and spend some real time with the game and I'm finding that KING is horribly fucking broken! His moves miss all the time, even if I'm standing right next to a still opponent. What gives?

I know some of his throws are counters like the running jaguar bomb, but other moves like the mexican step something (he plants a foot on their knee and runs up their body) will consistently miss an unblocking opponent.

Is there something I'm missing here, or is one of my favorite characters completely fucked?

Avoid his standing normals, they do whiff all the time. But crouching jab is good and chains well. I suggest c.jab c.mk s.hp. Crouching light kick works and hits low, but it doesn't have much range.

Powerbomb (srk + p) is an antiair grab, his leg grab move is the counter grab (f + pp). EX powerbomb can be used as an antiair, but it takes a while to get out so you have to do it real early.

His two ground command throws are hcf + punch or kick. Punch only grabs standing opponents, and kick only grabs crouching. It means you can't just spam it and get it for free.

RS4-

Damnit store, I boot up the game for the first time in weeks and can't down the colors or custom combo stuff yet

RS4-

Lol if you're in trial mode, sometimes Dan shows up and tells you about the DLC store and how you can get the custom combo if you're stuck on a certain trial.

RS4-

Didn't know they give you one alt for free; about the combo stuff, it's preset combos, not the custom/tool-assisted one yet :(

edit - nm, the alt wasn't free. Thought they gave you one free alt, while the secondary alt was the paid for one.

Moofers

Avoid his standing normals, they do whiff all the time. But crouching jab is good and chains well. I suggest c.jab c.mk s.hp. Crouching light kick works and hits low, but it doesn't have much range.

Powerbomb (srk + p) is an antiair grab, his leg grab move is the counter grab (f + pp). EX powerbomb can be used as an antiair, but it takes a while to get out so you have to do it real early.

His two ground command throws are hcf + punch or kick. Punch only grabs standing opponents, and kick only grabs crouching. It means you can't just spam it and get it for free.

Ah ok. Starting to make more sense now. Thanks for that.

Moaradin

There are colors and costumes out already? Holy shit.

NIIICE Asuka got an Ibuki costume, which ironically are my two mains.

edit: and it's 80ms points which is exactly how much I have left on my account haha.

LakeEarth

Ah ok. Starting to make more sense now. Thanks for that.

Be aware that chaining into s.hp is unsafe on block, but it's the best chain that can cancel into EX konvict kick. Chaining into s.hk is safer, since it pushes back your opponent further, but doesn't cancel to EX moves for whatever reason.

LowParry

I ended up getting all the female character alts and the ones I main. I think out of all of them, I like Ibuki's the best. Probably should figure her out since I used to play her a lot on AE. Haha, Pink R Mika Kuma is Godlike!

SykoTech

Lol if you're in trial mode, sometimes Dan shows up and tells you about the DLC store and how you can get the custom combo if you're stuck on a certain trial.

Yeah, he does so in Mission mode too. And it was almost a little tempting because some of those missions were straight up BS. Managed to do them though.

I thought it was kind of lame how so many people were running black and white color schemes on every character, regardless of how awful it looked.

Then I saw a neon purple Hugo with neon green clothes.

EYEL1NER

I thought it was kind of lame how so many people were running black and white color schemes on every character, regardless of how awful it looked.

I can only imagine how many neon characters will be showing up. I think the neons are too gaudy to use on most large areas, but the neon pink does look really good in place of regular pink for Poison's hair.

Tizoc

There's a pack with all of them already? How much?

There are no packs ATM, but you can get any one character's alt. outfit for 80 MS points/ 0.99 dollars.
This is good for those that only want specific alts.
If you want all alts, just wait for the full pack to be released then wait for it to go on a discount =V

LakeEarth

I wonder if they'll be players picking all neon colours and then always picking some of the flashier stages to camouflage themselves. Kinda like the UMvC3'ers who would pick all black costume teams and pick the night stages.

Lothars

I have a hard time respecting the cannons and Wizard as of late. The guys just come off as straight douchebags about how they run shit.
I feel the same way, I really don't like how they are representatives of the biggest fighting game tournament.

GorillaJu

Man, I used to pull up the iPhone and fall asleep to some Cross Counter videos nearly every night, but now there's like nothing to watch.

Really wish WNF archive was watchable on iOS.

Venfayth

I can only imagine how many neon characters will be showing up. I think the neons are too gaudy to use on most large areas, but the neon pink does look really good in place of regular pink for Poison's hair.

My custom Juri/Xiao uses the neon for their highlights. I think they look nice for those small effects.

Nyoro SF

Lots of DLC means not much confidence in overall sales of the game. Gotta make up that money by taking advantage of the current players.

Lothars

Lots of DLC means not much confidence in overall sales of the game. Gotta make up that money by taking advantage of the current players.
I don't get that, I get that they are offering costumes for each of the roster like they always have.

They did the same thing for SF4, MVC3, pretty much every game released recently.

Wait... per costume?
Nope per pack, 13.50 for capcom side and 13.50 for street fighter side.

Top Bottom