• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter X Tekken |OT| Truly, truly outrageous~

yamo

Is it possible to play 1 vs 1 matches in this game (i.e. no tag-team matches)? All streams and pictures I've seen so far is 2 vs 2.

remist

These trials... I haven't got any of the 17-20. As a newbie to fighting games it feels like I'm playing some kind of hellish rhythm game. I don't know how I'm ever going to be able to do any of this stuff consistently in a match.

These trials... I haven't got any of the 17-20. As a newbie to fighting games it feels like I'm playing some kind of hellish rhythm game. I don't know how I'm ever going to be able to do any of this stuff consistently in a match.

Practice, and over time it will become automatic for you.

It's the same with any other thing you have to learn.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
And we're in there.

myR6A.jpg

Going to have stream up soon.

vulva

I'm positive it's been answered before but the thread is growing big. When are MM and PM up for unlock? A week? A year?

LProtag

Trying to figure out another character I should learn alongside Ryu, but I have no idea what thought needs to go into team construction.

Teknoman

Practice, and over time it will become automatic for you.

It's the same with any other thing you have to learn.

Not only that, but at the risk of sounding too noobish, you dont have to be able to do any of the trials honestly. Adapt your own fighting style/ play smart and try to adapt to the other person's tactics, and you should be able to hold your own.

Just remember that people who started with the arcade versions of any fighter had none of this to start with.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
PSN: DY_nastyIV

Come at me. But especially Spin. His transgressions will no longer be tolerated.

Uh why would we want a re-release?
Well, I didn't mean it like that. I'm just not used to it is all. I'll get a hang of things eventually. I also don't want to make it seem like I'm knocking the game; I'm really going to spend a lot of time on this one.

I adore sf4, but I'm expecting something between marvel and sf4 in sfxt.
I think that's the best way to put it in all honesty.

PSN: DY_nastyIV

Come at me. But especially Spin. His transgressions will no longer be tolerated.
oh hell no

Not only that, but at the risk of sounding too noobish, you dont have to be able to do any of the trials honestly. Adapt your own fighting style/ play smart and try to adapt to the other person's tactics, and you should be able to hold your own.

Just remember that people who started with the arcade versions of any fighter had none of this to start with.

You can win a game with 0 combos (ie just hitting fierce). The combos will help you reduce the number of times you need to get an opening on an opponent.

Trial combos are good, but over time they turn out to be not as useful as some of the other bread and butter combos that people find. Don't stress over trials combos.

deim0s

Man, Im so shit at this, ugh, I let my execution get shitty too. Be alot easier to grind out the rust without that jank sound bug though; and with the way submission works we won't see a patch for at least a week.

Same here... for the life of me can't do rekkas now for Poison and Rolento - or is it I'm just damn tired. Need a lot of practice tho, switched to a stick a month ago.

Nose Master

Poison #18 is the fucking worst, ugh. It's real annoying that chaining will make things combo, but you can't cancel into the specials after. (EX doesn't count). Do you only need 300 for achievements?

LProtag

I'm just trying to work on trial combos because well... I can't combo, so it's nice to have a training mode for that.

I can get through some but I kinda have to mash inputs, probably not how I should be learning, haha.

Spruchy

Poison #18 is the fucking worst, ugh. It's real annoying that chaining will make things combo, but you can't cancel into the specials after. (EX doesn't count). Do you only need 300 for achievements?

Yeah but they also unlock titles which are all needed for achievmos.

MThanded

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
I think im double dipping...

I cant resist. Arggghhhhh....

They hype has gotten to my brain. GET OUT OF MY BRAIN!!!!

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony
this game....

i just want to play it

.....ya know?

That's the evil secret to Capcom's success. No matter how much stupid stuff they do, no matter how many locked on disc contents they whip out, they have a nasty habit of making insanely fun games.

So how's the netcode in this game?

Right now a carnival of laughs and fail - it's legitimately glitched, waiting on patch.

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
That's the evil secret to Capcom's success. No matter how much stupid stuff they do, no matter how many locked on disc contents they whip out, they have a nasty habit of making insanely fun games.

Right now a carnival of laughs and fail - it's legitimately glitched, waiting on patch.
Is the patch going to be free?

Hayeya

Banned
Well the thing is, lets be honest.. I don't think i've seen any demand for a 'street fighter vs tekken' crossover prior for the announcement of this game.

SF Vs Mahval = ultimate hype
VF vs Tekken = mad hype
SF vs SNK = Mad hype
SF VS MK = mild hype but still hype!
VF VS DOA = interesting hype I guess

but SF vs Tekken? People are just happy to get a new SF themed game that is well made, as SF4:AE is getting a bit old already.

CAPCOM VS SNK 3 is the ultimate Godlike Mega HYPE

Aesthet1c

This game is insane. I'm loving every minute of it. I've never really been a Tekken player so right now I'm solely playing the SF characters. What are some of the best Tekken characters to try out? Right now I got my eye on Yoshimitsu, mostly because he looks cool, and because someone devastated me with his spin today.

this game is gdlk...but man online is jacked right now. Sound drops and some lag(that might be more on my side tho).

Needs to be patched ASAP.

Game itself is the shit

smurfx

get some go again
And we're in there.

myR6A.jpg

Going to have stream up soon.
hey let me have one of those little arcades that comes with the special edition! i don't know if i should buy the new street fighter pad or sfxtekken. i'm not so sure i want the game since it would be a waste of 60 bucks if i buy it and let it sit there.

Top Bottom