• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter X Tekken |OT| Truly, truly outrageous~

Hayeya

Banned
Can someone inform me about the music in this game, i am still waiting for my copy:
- Original music ?
- Classic character music ?
- Arranged music ?
- Anyone ?

G-Fex

NazBf.jpg

just did ryu's trials 1-19 to get a feel for it, and its kind of weird not having to fadc, and feels like the timing on cancels into srk is a little different.

hopefully after work i have time to finish #20 and start working on tekken characters.

Moofers

Only played for about 20 minutes so far, but I love the music, characters, and overall feel of the fighting itself. I really like how easy it is to chain moves together. Seems like a really cool blend of SF gameplay and Tekken gameplay. I was so sure it would just feel like SFIV with Tekken characters added. I'm glad its not!

Teknoman

Can someone inform me about the music in this game, i am still waiting for my copy:
- Original music ?
- Arranged music ?
- Anyone ?

Seems like a combo of original and arranged themes from past games. Teknopathetic posted some links last night from the Mad Gear HQ stage, and I think round 2 was a remix of the subway stage from Final Fight 1.

I've never seen more 'Do something a retarded number of times' achievements in a game in my life.

Also, the links are still awful. Fair warning if you're a casual player hoping for otherwise.

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony
- Original music ?
- Arranged music ?
- Anyone ?

The music is stage based, but there are a lot of tracks as the stages have 2 - 3 phases. The music changes to a successive mix for each phase.

It's a mix of original comp and remixes of classic tunes. For example, Mad Gear Hideout has 3 phases, and uses 3 high energy remixes of Final Fight tunes.

Some classic character themes peek through in a few spots, but there isn't a theme per character like MVC3 or Super SFIV.

Ryu is easy mode in this game. He's got chains, he's got easy links, he can do a lot of damage mid screen and in the corner. And because of his chains and easy links he can hit confirm into launcher without worry about wonky hit boxes in this game because his cr. MK has great reach. He's always been my main so I'm just glad he's good. Now I just need to find a 2nd character.

LProtag

Does it take anyone else on PSN a while to find random matches?

Also posting it again, but add me at LeadProtagonist. I'd prefer to learn with other people who are total newbies, but going against people who can completely school me is fine too, haha.

Does the game have any character interactions between which characters you team up with?

Like if you team up Ryu with Jin, do they have any extra dialogue they say to each other or if you team up with Chun-Li and Nina, etc.?

Chavelo

>Dat feel when you only have an Xbox 360 to practice on
>When Capcom doesn't want you to buy their game for your system

:-(

Sounds like it really is microsofts fault. Is there any other xbox games you can have two local people play online on the same console?

Mortal_kombat_9-500x542.jpg

"Something something but it's a shitty game something"

Right now the online is a carnival of laughs and fail - it's legitimately glitched, waiting on patch.

For me itsnot so much the glitches, but just input lag. I dont care about replays or spectating, i jst want netcode that pits me with people where I dont have to wait 40 frames for my inputted jab to show up on screen. So, thats what I'm asking in regards to netcode. The lag.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
WHY? A lot of combos from SFIV doesn't work. WHY?!

This game has some funky hitboxes too. I'm wiffing point blank standing jabs with ken against Kuma. Big ass Kuma.

Chavelo

According to the manual included with both versions, the game's tag team modes allow you and a local friend to sign on to the same console and fight against two other people online; your buddy presses start at the character select screen and off you go. In actuality, this functionality only exists in the PS3 version of the game.

Capcom has no plans to patch the feature in, and that its inclusion in the manual was a mistake.

CAPCPOM at it again. :-/

entremet

Was SF4 your first SF? Because they've been around since, like, SF2.

Nah. I've always hated links, started with SF2 WW. Which is why I preferred chain combos from Alpha 1, but Capcom dropped them for A2. I was never a combo master anyways.

Low forward>hadoken all day.
Low fierce>tatsu

etc.

Myomoto

Sounds like it really is microsofts fault. Is there any other xbox games you can have two local people play online on the same console? (rock band i guess?)

There are literally TONS of them. Halo, Gears of War, Call of Duty, Left 4 Dead, Mortal Kombat, etc. This isn't some 'archaic' feature at all...

Fun game so far. Feels like a mix between a waterered down Marvel Vs Capcom and SFIV. The Cross Arts thing is cool but its really hard to buffer a special move into it(I've done it a few times but I always miss)

But yeah it's a fun, high energy game. Has a different vibe than Marvel, though.

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)
LOL, every single active person on my friends list is playing this game.

You know I'm gonna destroy all of you guys, right?

XBL: TimedogGAF

is there a gaf PSN chat room for this yet?

add me
PSN: inVOKER-75

this. i'd like to knwo if there is a psn chat room too.

anyone order the guide on amazon? says it'll ship in a month even though i've got prime. the gamestop across the street has it for 7 bucks more. i dont know if i should spend the extra money to get it now and cancel my amazon order.

also, what are your preferred methods for links? plinking or double tapping?

Dartastic

Gah. So irritated about these 360 problems. My stick is on 360, and it's where I play all my fighting games, hence why I bought a 360 copy. Bah.

Threi

notag
5 min impressions:

most jarring change in the engine is the lengthened hitstun (while blockstun is around the same). that will take a little getting used to.

this. i'd like to knwo if there is a psn chat room too.

anyone order the guide on amazon? says it'll ship in a month even though i've got prime. the gamestop across the street has it for 7 bucks more. i dont know if i should spend the extra money to get it now and cancel my amazon order.

also, what are your preferred methods for links? plinking or double tapping?

Im not gonna buy the guide, but remember, there's DLC characters yet to come-- will there a be a new 2.0/revision guide later? Just something to keep in mind.

1-frame links = plinking
2-frame links = double tap
linking jabs/shorts = double tap

Thats what I do most of the time. I really only double tap jabs/shorts. 2-frame links aren't too hard. Either way, you'll need to know the timing.

kaioshade

I only put an hour into this game last night, but so far, i like what i am seeing. Definitely going to hit the lab tonight and get some matches in.

This just might be the one for me.

Top Bottom