• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter X Tekken |OT| Truly, truly outrageous~

Chavelo

I'm considering picking it up for PS3 instead. Really frustrated about all the 360 issues. But I don't have a PS3 stick and I play all my fighting games on 360. :/

Same. Roommate's got a ps3, and I actually have a modded PS3 SE stick, but the 360 is on my room and on a good TV to practice on. That, and the fact that I have a TE stick which I like more. But I also love to play co-op/party games with friends. :-/

Sorry, in order to play coop online with Street Fighter X Tekken™ you will require a SFxT Gold subscription. For only $9.95 a month you are allowed unlimited access to online coop play with for you and a partner

*requires Xbox Live Gold subscription

Teknoman

Glad you can turn Climax settings off. Tinny music does not make sense for when you're about to die. If anything, the music should have sped up, or at least something similar to the older SF games.

Aside from the omission of local online co op what other 360 specific issues have there been?

I think thats it aside from Megaman and Pacman not coming till later? The sound issues online seemed to be a problem with both versions.

MKAllDay

I know this has already been clarified but I am a little confused on one issue. Are they saying you CAN in fact play online with 2 people on the same Xbox as long as they both have separate Xbox Live gold subscriptions?

Ok the sound issues online are really terrible.

Wow.

I can't believe something like this passed quality control. MS and Sony do you even test games before you allow them to be published?

K.Sabot

It's fucking impossible to connect to anyone except for random matchmaking.

Fucking online is shit, and will always be shit so long as they base what a "good netcode" is on a connection between Osaka and Tokyo.

LowParry

Wait, so online is ass on both systems. I've spent 6 hours on Xbox 360 version so far but haven't even touched online. Just still trying to figure out this system and some of the characters.

Stick with offline play. I joined up in Kadey's room and yeah...lag fest. 1v1 was lag. 1v2 was lag. It's hard as hell pulling my combos playing under water like that. I suspect this is how it is the first couple of weeks till we see some sort of patch work. And the sound issue. That's extremely annoying.

Spruchy

Stick with offline play. I joined up in Kadey's room and yeah...lag fest. 1v1 was lag. 1v2 was lag. It's hard as hell pulling my combos playing under water like that. I suspect this is how it is the first couple of weeks till we see some sort of patch work. And the sound issue. That's extremely annoying.

Ranked is a lot better as far as lag.

alstein

Wait, so online is ass on both systems. I've spent 6 hours on Xbox 360 version so far but haven't even touched online. Just still trying to figure out this system and some of the characters.

Friend was saying despite the music online, there was very little input delay, but you had occasional slowdown/frameskips online. Any truth to this?

Maybe they're experimenting with a failed GGPO variant?

Teknoman

Fucking online is shit, and will always be shit so long as they base what a "good netcode" is on a connection between Osaka and Tokyo.

Im sure it'll be patched. As long as it ends being as good as SSFIV and UMVC3. Fighting didnt seem that bad watching Gootecks the other day.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
I can confirm. Online is crap so far. What's that called when you are skipping frames? Like when you press punch and when it appears to have hit, your opponent suddenly hits you out of the blue. Just had one of those matches.

LowParry

I can confirm. Online is crap so far. What's that called when you are skipping frames? Like when you press punch and when it appears to have hit, your opponent suddenly hits you out of the blue. Just had one of those matches.

I had that happen to with a Cross Assault. Was complete bullshit.

Friend was saying despite the music online, there was very little input delay, but you had occasional slowdown/frameskips online. Any truth to this?

Maybe they're experimenting with a failed GGPO variant?

Yea, there seems to be some GGPO like shenanigans happening in my playtime. I have been playing nothing but ranked.

rocK`

Banned
sigh, online is way too bad. the sound throws me off so hardcore that I the only reasonable way I can get wins is if I go easy mode ryu/ken.

my rufus/sagat team with their godlike boost combos blow due to the strict timing required.

Depending on who you put on point in Arcade mode will choose which Prologue you get at the end of the credits

May have been obvious but I didn't know that :p

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast

Fucking online is shit
, and will always be shit so long as they base what a "good netcode" is on a connection between Osaka and Tokyo.

Part of me just died a little. Sonofabitch.

Sayah

I played it for a few hours. Not being that familiar with SF-style gameplay and coming from a Tekken background, I guess it's okay. The only problem I've found is the online having some severe sound issues. It's horrible for people who rely on sound to perform combos (aka me). Customization could be a lot better and more varied as well.

With these two issues aside, the game is quite content heavy. Trying to learn Lili and Hwoarang team for now.

Man it sucks that the online is fucked.

The actual game is soo good.

That patch better fix this shit. I'm not a big online gamer but I do play my friend often and while the lag got better after a while that sound shit was pretty bad.

I'm a scrub so it doesn't bother me too much but I can only imagine what it does to everyone else.

Fix this shit Capcom. You are fucking up everything every damn day.

vocab

I hate peer 2 peer. What I would give for sever based fighting gameplay netcode created by someone that knows what the fuck they are doing. This is not improved, this is a step backwards.

The game is fantastic. Way better than SFIV, and Marvel. But the Japanese man. They do not know about them internets.

Aesthet1c

How do you unlock Megaman and Pac-man on the PS3 version? I unlocked Cole and the little PS3 cat by beating the game once. Not sure what to do about MM and PM though.

remist

Man I suck at trials. I'm still enjoying trying out all the characters and it's really satisfying when you clear one you were having trouble with. I think I'm going to get 1-14 with most then go online. Sucks to hear online is not working very well. None of my friends want to play fighting games so I'm stuck online.

I'm watching a street fighter IV tutorial to see if I can gleem any info from that. Anybody have a link to a good tutorial that explains some basic 2d fighting game mechanics?

Ken

Got my copy, though I doubt I'll get into it too much until after finals.

If anyone wants to me add me though for some scrub level matches, my GT is Chocopolka.

kewlmyc

How do you unlock Megaman and Pac-man on the PS3 version? I unlocked Cole and the little PS3 cat by beating the game once. Not sure what to do about MM and PM though.

They are free "dlc" that is going to be released on the 13th of this month on PSN.

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony
I'm honestly wondering WTF they broke with the net code and synchronization. If you watch carefully, during gameplay the background animation also stutters, but it goes smooth again during intro and outro scenes.

Considering it was broken when the game went gold, I am surprised there wasn't a day one hot fix patch - that is pretty common these days and Capcom themselves has, indeed, had day one patches for such issues ready before.

Top Bottom