• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Suicide Squad - Cast Photo (In Costume)

CEKoyShUMAI9XUg.jpg

CEKpaC9UgAAdJVL.jpg:large
This looks good

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
I hate to be that guy, but I don't know any of these guys outside of Quinn. What's their story? I got what the Suicide Squad is from the explanation a page or so back, but the members themselves are still a blank spot.

wildfire

Banned
Captain Boomerang is shockingly very comic book accurate. It's kind of insane actually.

Really? Even if that's the case I need someone in the movie to call out this guy for having duct tape wrapped around his right boot. It's either a sign that he's a pretty bad criminal if he can't get new shoes or he's like those eccentric baseball players who refuse to give up their gear because it's "molded" to their body.

He needs to be needled for this.

Ithil

Yes.

It's ruining every DC films thread at this point, turning them into unreadable Groundhog Day loops of 'LOL REALISM/MARVEL IS BETTER/NO COSTUMES/IT'LL BOMB' comments that stop any genuine discussion from emerging.

I believe he's asking if it's necessary to do the "LOL OPPONENT'S OPINION CAPLOCK" thing like you're in an elementary schoolyard doing a silly voice impression of someone you're having an argument with.

Game4life

Banned
I hate to be that guy, but I don't know any of these guys outside of Quinn. What's their story? I got what the Suicide Squad is from the explanation a page or so back, but the members themselves are still a blank spot.

I would highly recommend Assualt on Arkham. It is a really fun movie and is pretty short from what I remember. It will bring you up to speed. Cannot recommend it enough,

DeathyBoy

Banned
Really? Even if that's the case I need someone in the movie to call out this guy for having duct tape wrapped around his right boot. It's either a sign that he's a pretty bad criminal if he can't get new shoes or he's like those eccentric baseball players who refuse to give up their gear because it's "molded" to their body.

He needs to be needled for this.

I'm hoping for everyone to expect Boomerang to betray them. And be surprised when he doesn't. Then he tries, and he trips over his boot.

Shaanyboi

Banned
I hate to be that guy, but I don't know any of these guys outside of Quinn. What's their story?

Slipknot - he's really good with ropes. No I'm not kidding.
Deadshot - top marksman. Does a lot of ill shit but he still loves and cares for his daughter.
Killer Croc - fucked up skin condition, sharpened his teeth. Cannibalistic murderer.
Captain Boomerang - Flash villain. Throws boomerangs. Total dick.
El Diablo - multiple characters with this name, but the one this resembles has the ability to control fire.
Enchantress - basically a witch, totally insane
Katana - actually a hero. In the comics she's been a member of Batman's Outsiders team, and even the JLA. Master Swordsman whose weapon holds the souls of her dead husband and son.
Rick Flagg - patriotic leader of the team, meant to keep them all in check. Morally ambiguous though.

Penguin

Deadshot - top marksman. Does a lot of ill shit but he still loves and cares for his daughter.
Killer Croc - fucked up skin condition, sharpened his teeth. Cannibalistic murderer.
El Diablo - multiple characters with this name, but the one this resembles has the ability to control fire.
Katana - actually a hero. Master Swordsman with a sword that holds the soul of her dead husband and son.
Rick Flagg - patriotic leader of the team, meant to keep them all in check. Morally ambiguous though.

He was the only one I didn't know

And checked out wiki last night

And I had a great laugh at that

His resume "I'm good at ropes!"

Well that's comes in handy?

Like I said, he is the first casualty!

Dcube

Looking damn good., I'm loving all of them. Throwing so many different personalities and styles into one team should make for a ton of fun.

Katana - actually a hero. In the comics she's been a member of Batman's Outsiders team, and even the JLA. Master Swordsman whose weapon holds the souls of her dead husband and son.

Is Katana also in
Arrow
?

delSai

I hope Boomerang is a total asshole and goes full australian. I loved the guy who voiced him in Assault on Arkham, i cant remember his name.

Ok, from left to right:

Slipknot: VERY Minor character in comic books. Strangles people with ropes. That's basically all there is to him.

Captain Boomerang: Australian criminal who's schtick is his skill with boomerangs. Has "Trick" boomerangs as well much like Green Arrow / Hawkeye have trick arrows. Some incarnations portray him as having the super power to generate energy boomerangs. He's a core member of the Suicide Squad in most iterations.

Enchantress: a sorceress with a split personality. Probably going to be the introduction of real magic (not just magical origins) into the DCCU.

Katana (below Enchantress): Japanese woman trained in martial arts. Her family is killed by her brother in law. She beats him and steals his soul stealing sword and takes up the name Katana. One of the only people in the Suicide Squad who is actually a superhero as opposed to being a villain.

Rick Flag: Soldier guy who goes into the field with the Suicide Squad in order to keep them in line. Often willing to commit worse acts than the villains on the team if I remember rightly.

Harley Quinn: You know that one.

Deadshot: Marksman assassin. Not necessarily evil, just a gun for hire.

Killer Croc: guy with a skin condition. Goes kind of crazy and starts eating people. Not actually a crocodile.

El Diablo: Mexican gangbanger who has the ability to consume his tattoos to perform pyrokinetic feats. Turned to religion after he murders a bunch of people who owed him money by burning down their house, only to realise women and children were inside.

It's not a hugely in depth description of them all, but it's a starting point for you I guess.

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
I would highly recommend Assualt on Arkham. It is a really fun movie and is pretty short from what I remember. It will bring you up to speed. Cannot recommend it enough,

I just went ahead and bought 5 volumes of Suicide Squad and 2 volumes of Harley Quinn off of Amazon this morning. The first non-Batman DC books I've purchased since I bought the first issue of each imposter Superman #1 after Supes death back in the early 90's.

wildfire

Banned
I'm hoping for everyone to expect Boomerang to betray them. And be surprised when he doesn't. Then he tries, and he trips over his boot.

That would be just as good as calling him out directly.

Margot Robbie on twitter posted the group pic and said

Margot Robbie @MargotRobbie · 4h 4 hours ago
We're going on a field trip!! #SuicideSquad @DavidAyerMovies​

That's something Harley would totally say, she gets the character.

LOL. Now I think I'm going to like this incarnation of Harley as much as TAS original.

When I first saw the group shot I thought varsity gangbanger was mildly less off color than Harley bu in this new shot he's just just as in your face.

Okay, perhaps there are better pictures out there? The other one I could find had them in prison uniforms which is obviously not really representative.

Really not much else, they haven't done any of the crazy characters in Arrow's "Suicide Squad". They went with real low key characters so far and not the more wild comic book ones.

Deadshot's outfit still looks really cheap.

It's a bunch of sports protectors with stuff attached to it mainly, so yea it looks cheap in parts

Alienous

They could have made designing the outfits an open challenge to the people who design cosplay costumes and they would have ended up with better designs, sans maybe Killer Croc.

Top Bottom