• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Suicide Squad - Cast Photo (In Costume)

HYPED!
cQ2eL2q.jpg

Such an awesome pic. Too bad it was compressed to hell and back.

Ithil

Custom leather work, completely made from the ground up.

Will Smith as Deadshot is literally wearing painted tactical pads and sports protectors

I really doubt the tactical pads were bought from a shop, if that's the aspect you're trying to get at. All of these costumes are custom made by the studio.

I don't care what these look like, my real question is getting to the bottom of this "cheap/SyFy/cosplay" criticism I see in every single costume thread, and what actual metrics people use to judge the apparent expense of an outfit.

Modesx

Neo Member
So far I'm ok with it, really want this movie to do good being a bigger DC fan then Marvel. I just feel that the mainstream will be the tough crowd to get. Marvel movies have done a good job with the mainstream crowd. Keeping fingers crossed for the DC movies though. :)

Alienous

The entire costume budget probably went into making Harley's jacket and getting one of TDKR Bane's prototype coats.

Deadshot's outfit is "Oh no, Comic-Con is tomorrow!?" levels of slapped together shit. His gun looks pretty good, though.

DeathyBoy

Banned
Custom leather work, completely made from the ground up.

Will Smith as Deadshot is literally wearing painted tactical pads and sports protectors

It's almost like Deadshot is part of a team who are completely expendable and thus aren't given cutting edge weaponry.

Oh wait...

It's almost like Deadshot is part of a team who are completely expendable and thus aren't given cutting edge weaponry.

Oh wait...

It makes sense? Sure, I don't have problem with that outside of some stuff like the sports protector shoulders hes using.

But point is comparing Deadpools costume to Deadshot and what sets them apart.

3N16MA

Banned
Maybe Deadshot is strapped for cash and that is all he can afford. How dare you all belittle a man because he cannot afford better clothes.

Ovek

7Member7
Harley looks awful. Everyone else just looks boring.

Harley looks fine, better than I thought she would turn out and Killer Croc looks about as good as he was ever going to but I do agree everyone else looks a bit boring.

It's gonna look even more dull when the classic DC desaturation filter has been applied as well.

neorej

ERMYGERD!
Harley looks like last week's trash. The rest is fine/amazing, but Harley Quinn looks absolutely terrible.

How hard is it to base your designs on this?

BPPnbiG.jpg

Ithil

Yup. When you have people comparing how expensive costumes are it just becomes trivial and not needed.

Like I said, I don't care what the costumes look like. My issue is people going "looks cheap" or "looks like SyFy" and they can never actually articulate what that is supposed to mean.

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
Harley looks like last week's trash. The rest is fine/amazing, but Harley Quinn looks absolutely terrible.

BPPnbiG.jpg

Where did Harley wear this outfit? There are so many different versions of her out there it's hard to keep up.

ITT gaf debates merits of trashy Harley Quinn costume vs trashy Harley Quinn costume

Nevermind the fact that I doubt this will be Harley's only costume in the movie.

Boke1879

Like I said, I don't care what the costumes look like. My issue is people going "looks cheap" or "looks like SyFy" and they can never actually articulate what that is supposed to mean.

I feel you. I feel Deadshot looks great. Especially the shot of him in the mask. Harley looks amazing and i can just feel her personality based on those pics.

Killer croc looks fucking awesome. I really hope he doesn't die because it would be nice to see him in future movies. Batman or anything else.

Everyone else looks good.

dramatis

I don't think that's any better. Not to mention it looks much harder to move in than what Margot Robbie is sporting right now.

raphier

Banned

Oh wait...

yes because laser eye is totally not cutting edge, did you see his golden-plated custom machine gun? I am sure he can afford better equipment.

CDV13

So according to this thread, the cast looks great/cool/average/dissapointing/bad/garbage. Ahhh the joys of personal opinion.

JGLS

I think the cast/costumes look(s) good. I'm not really into superhero films, but I'm cautiously excited for this movie, just kind of want to see some trashy, dislikable antiheroes wrecking havoc, with a big budget and this seems to fit the bill.

Top Bottom