• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Suicide Squad - Cast Photo (In Costume)

Birdman15

Banned
That would be cool. Maybe Brainiac. If they didn't already have Jim Parrack as the new, younger Deathstroke I would say he would be a badass fit for that.

If we can get Hardy back to play a different character in a different universe of a series he's already been in (which I would love), can I have Emma Stone as Mary Jane?

Pretty please?

Opto

Banned
dude after that AoU thread this movie is gonna be SUCH a tumblr mess

Harley Quinn should be a coked up paranoid slut who just want to sit on the joker's dick

that's who she is

and people are already saying that set pic where you can see her butt is "too sexualized"

jesus christ doomed from the get go

I don't remember her doing coke or being a slut in the cartoon.

So much happened while I was gone.

I like the costumes. I think Harley is a bit too sexualized(sp?) but I can't argue that she hasn't been portrayed that way for the longest time, and I'm cynical that her TAS suit would fly well. I wouldn't call it "awful" but I'm not the biggest Harley fan in the first place. I'm sure she'll have multiple costumes through the films if not this film.

I was really curious on how they would do enchantress and I'm intrigued. My worst fear was she would be in a tactical suit and her magic would be "science" similar to Thor, but man she looks like some fuckin' voodoo swamp witch thing going on and I love it. I can't wait to see her role in the movie. Deadshot with mask looks ace.

The costumes definitely fit the squad, most of them aren't professionals, they're career criminals. Slipknot, Deadshot and Flag are the only ones that look like they know what they're doing and it makes sense. The picture screams c-stringers and that's what the squad is all about.

dude after that AoU thread this movie is gonna be SUCH a tumblr mess

Harley Quinn should be a coked up paranoid slut who just want to sit on the joker's dick

that's who she is

and people are already saying that set pic where you can see her butt is "too sexualized"

jesus christ doomed from the get go
What? I don't read comics regularly and even I know that's not the kind of character she is in BTAS or the comics.

Sheroking

No, no, it really isn't, it's not a matter of "getting away with more" it's a matter of that more actually just being too far in total. I'm not talking in relative terms here, I'm talking in an absolute way, there absolutely is a world of difference.

So absolute. Taking a character who was created sexual and going over the imaginary line you drew in your head. Uh... huh?

She's a mass murderer, bro. She could be naked and I don't think it would be "too far" in context.

I really like Croc's design...

Nah Croc looks good.

A slightly smaller version of the Arkham Origins design. Works well. Plus no cgi and all prosthetics.

Works well in that it displays dangerous, criminal and crocodile (or at the very least reptile)

"I don't know how much the rest of you know about costume design (I'm an expert)"

How much do you know about costume design exactly?

I made this to illustrate my point. Unfortunately, I'm awful at photoshop, but you get the idea.

LFhvK78.png

Harley in TAS:

2690025-tumblr_m93hh4wlld1ql4e6oo3_1280.png

Yeah... she certainly wasn't like that all...

edit: ^ I guess ignorance is bliss then. I think it looks fine, suppose we'll see in action.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
lol and people complain that she is oversexualized, she was probably always a crazy bitch she managed to keep it suppressed and tried to act normal, it wasn't until she came across Joker where she let all of that out and stopped suppressing it or hiding it whatever.

Salsa

What? I don't read comics regularly and even I know that's not the kind of character she is in BTAS or the comics.

im exaggerating for effect. I don't mean her straight up doing coke by saying "coked up", etc (assuming that's what you guys meant cause I don't see where she wasnt ever slutty). Beyond trivializing traits overall you know she's the type of character that some people might get upset about in terms of women representation, given people are losing their minds over black widow saying some line or something and her whole deal very much has to do with pleasing the joker and ultimately lookin for his validation. that's what I meant

abadguy

Banned
I mean. I knew Margot was perfect for Harley, but Jeeeezus. Killin it.

Seeing more on set pics of her, even though her look is clearly inspired by the shitty New 52 look, it actually looks a lot better than the comic version. Maybe it's the color scheme. Plus the rumors that she changes costumes a lot in this movie and supposedly even has the classic one at one point?

But it all comes down to how she acts as Harley. We all know she can do the accent, but she needs to be not only up beat but pants on head crazy as well.

SliChillax

I made this to illustrate my point. Unfortunately, I'm awful at photoshop, but you get the idea.

LFhvK78.png

If only film makers used something called CGI... oh wait they do. Wait until the movie comes out before judging everything. Everything will undergo a heavy cgi treatment with heavy cinematic filters and smart camera angles to make everything look spot on. This is a super hero movie not a true story drama. What you see in those pics will look completely different when the movie hits the big screen.

If only film makers used something called CGI... oh wait they do. Wait until the movie comes out before judging everything. Everything will undergo a heavy cgi treatment with heavy cinematic filters and smart camera angles to make everything look spot on. This is a super hero movie not a true story drama. What you see in those pics will look completely different when the movie hits the big screen.

Oh wait, you're right! They DO have CGI to make everything look "spot on"!

Oh wait...REMEMBER THIS DC MASTERPIECE?

green-lantern-trailer140.jpg

I KNOW, RIGHT??????

Oh wait, you're right! They DO have CGI to make everything look "spot on"!

Oh wait...REMEMBER THIS DC MASTERPIECE?

green-lantern-trailer140.jpg

I KNOW, RIGHT??????
What does one have to do with the other?

That's like comparing X Men Origins to Avengers. Both are Marvel movies, different production companies. Same with GL and Suicide Squad

Wolverine2.gif

Stop.

You're making me want things that'll never happen.

How fucking amazing would that be? Dude you need to be on Sony's BoD

Just picture the that aftercredit scene of the next Spiderman movie.
Cut to Spiderman swinging around NY, as you start to realize the suit is different Elfman's theme comes in.
Finally he lands on a rooftop behind someone, says there is something important going down. Camera pans to reveal SpiderGwen.

Uses all the reboots to their advantage.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
pretty sure this film won't have that much CGI, aside from Enchantress powers I guess, almost 80% of the film will be practical most likely.

Opto

Banned
im exaggerating for effect. I don't mean her straight up doing coke by saying "coked up", etc (assuming that's what you guys meant cause I don't see where she wasnt ever slutty). Beyond trivializing traits overall you know she's the type of character that some people might get upset about in terms of women representation, given people are losing their minds over black widow saying some line or something and her whole deal very much has to do with pleasing the joker and ultimately lookin for his validation. that's what I meant

Would you ever call a dude slutty

Top Bottom