• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Suicide Squad - Cast Photo (In Costume)

inky

pnPRvwt.gif

Man of Steel wasn't even as good as Superman Returns.

There, I said it.

Don't worry. We were all thinking it.

MrChom

There isn't a world of difference, though. Same exact principle.

They can just get away with more in a 2015 PG-13 (maybe) film than Timm could get away with on a saturday morning cartoon in 1993.

No, no, it really isn't, it's not a matter of "getting away with more" it's a matter of that more actually just being too far in total. I'm not talking in relative terms here, I'm talking in an absolute way, there absolutely is a world of difference.

Loxley

This is an odd one, but to me it wasn't a "Superman movie"

It was the story of how this man decided that he wants to become a superhero and ultimately becomes Superman.

It doesn't "get" Superman because he really isn't Superman until the end of the film. It's an origin story done after they put on the costume.

How does he establish that he wants to help people... what causes him to not kill... what forces him to use his powers at certain times... those are questions... to me anyhow that I feel the movie left at and will be (fingers crossed) addressed in BvS when he should be Superman

I'm indifferent on Man of Steel, but that's how I look at it as well. He really hasn't become Superman as we know him until that final scene with mamma Kent at the very end of the film. This was, at least in part, the intention of the movie. It's why Zimmer's bombastic theme doesn't kick in until that scene starts. Goyer's crappy dialogue kind of ruins that last bit at the Planet though : /

Similar with what he did with Batman Begins - you hear bits and pieces of the theme throughout the movie, but it doesn't come together until the final moments of the film when the hero officially takes up the mantle and becomes Batman/Superman.

I didn't like Street Kings at all and I'm not even sure what Sabotage is (don't hurt me). He may be faulted for delving into corrupt police antics more than he should. The well can run dry on LA "cop life" and maybe that's what the Sabotage movie is about too. Harsh Times is similar in concept to Training Day and yet shows the corrupted and troubled cop in a different manner. End of Watch put a new spin on what he likes to do and the story does many different things. I haven't seen Fury yet, but from what I remember seeing it looks very much like it's aiming for a classic 60's Hollywood war film look.

Watch those 2 movies.

I would say Street Kings is a hundred times more interesting than Sabotage (its the movie with Arnold).

Harsh Times is basically a Bale show. He carries the movie through and through . I think a decent director should be able to take advantage of such role.

Penguin

but remember just another day at the office with clark and buds! /last scene

I can see the problem with the ending

But I do think they wanted to establish Clark's status quo, and there isn't really much needed for that

So probably easier to start next movie with him working at the Planet then putting it at the beginning.

Salsa

dude im seriously so bothered by Killer Croc's size

it feels like a minor thing considering I don't really have big hopes for this and don't much like the look (or even people cast) in the other roles

but Killer Croc having a lean frame and being as small as Will Smith is bothering the shit out of me

he looks like Solomon Grundy's little nephew or something

dude im seriously so bothered by Killer Croc's size

it feels like a minor thing considering I don't really have big hopes for this and don't much like the look (or even people cast) in the other roles

but Killer Croc having a lean frame and being as small as Will Smith is bothering the shit out of me

he looks like Solomon Grundy's little nephew or something

They should have made him how he was in the comics

3B3vLVAl.jpg

Loxley

I have a feeling they're going to frame Croc so he's plenty menacing. I wouldn't worry too much about the size, at least for the time being.

Salsa

They should have made him how he was in the comics

3B3vLVAl.jpg

no they shouldnt

Killer Croc got different and better and his current representation anywhere is not what is shown there or in the film

that's like people saying Batman should have the shittest cowl and carry a handgun and kick people till their necks break

don't think im crazy to expect something more akin to this in terms of size

Killer_Croc_by_cereal199.jpg

I wonder if any of these characters steal the show if WB will push for them in others.
Joker & Harley are given but what if Croc or Deadshot are breakout, would WB want them in a solo Batman movie.

If Katana is huge would they put her in a Batman movie? second female for Justice League?

Game4life

Banned
Making shitloads of money and laughing at your opinion?

EDIT: TWS wasn't dark and gritty at all, and it's still better than most of what DC's put out to date.

TDK shits on TWS so what is your point? There is no single right way to make comic book movies. I also prefer my comic book movies to be more dark and grounded and preferably R rated ( unfortunately R rating wont happen) and I am getting tired of these forced one liners and inept villains in marvel movies. There is nothing edgy about being dark. It is just another take on these films. Plus why should suicide squad and a movie based on Frank Miller's TDKR be light and colorful? It is absurd. Ultimately whether it is light or dark it will suffer if it has a poor script.

Birdman15

Banned
I don't like that justification for Killer Croc's design because then we should put Harley in a unitard with a jester's hat.

They went too "realistic" with that.

I'm also slightly bothered by Will Smith as Deadshot. Don't get me wrong, I love Will, but because he's such a huge actor, they're not going to have his face covered as often.

It's kind of like how they HAVE to somehow pull Caps helmet off just to show off Chris Evans' face.

I groan every single time.

I don't like that justification for Killer Croc's design because then we should put Harley in a unitard with a jester's hat.

They went too "realistic" with that.

I'm also slightly bothered by Will Smith as Deadshot. Don't get me wrong, I love Will, but because he's such a huge actor, they're not going to have his face covered as often.

It's kind of like how they HAVE to somehow pull Caps helmet off just to show off Chris Evans' face.

I groan every single time.

Aww, but Evans has such a cute face! It should only be covered when he's in an action scene.

Salsa

There have been so many interpretations of Killer Croc's look that it honestly doesn't bother me. I'm not surprised they went more to the skin problem style than the literal crocodile man take.

it's just a very odd decision even from a "team" perspective

they all look just... very much alike

why wouldnt you have the huge cocodrile guy in there to at least make the team standout more as an ansamble thing

I hope Harley has that over-the-top Brooklyn accent. The fact a foreigner is player her, though, it makes me think it's going to miss the mark.

no they shouldnt

Killer Croc got different and better and his current representation anywhere is not what is shown there or in the film

that's like people saying Batman should have the shittest cowl and carry a handgun and kick people till their necks break

I wouldn't be surprised if Croc evolves across movies, like he did across the Arkham games.

no they shouldnt

They dude gets bigger if he loses his humanity. You're talking about animating a 15 foot guy in everything from action scenes to casual talking scenes. That would be crazy expensive. The dudes 6.2 and built like a brick-shit house. Lets see if they make him bigger at some point.

Penguin

I wonder if any of these characters steal the show if WB will push for them in others.
Joker & Harley are given but what if Croc or Deadshot are breakout, would WB want them in a solo Batman movie.

If Katana is huge would they put her in a Batman movie? second female for Justice League?

An outsiders movie?

Maybe a Secret Six film?

Alas...

Salsa

They dude gets bigger if he loses his humanity. You're talking about animating a 15 foot guy in everything from action scenes to casual talking scenes. That would be crazy expensive. The dudes 6.2 and built like a brick-shit house. Lets see if they make him bigger at some point.

I guess so

it just screams a WB/Smallvile type of approach to a character that should be larger than life and im getting tired of those

xaosslug

no they shouldnt

sXo6DaM.png
are we sure the Killer Croc we're seeing in these stills isn't placeholder, and we'll have a CG ver in the end product?

Like Groot and Rocket had to be? ;)

It would work if they prioritized it. They probably just didn't have the money on this particular film. Will Smith alone probably eats up a chunk of the budget.
Or maybe they want practical effects and more realistic/grounded action rather than a CGI creature tearing stuff up

Birdman15

Banned
Aww, but Evans has such a cute face! It should only be covered when he's in an action scene.

Yeah, that's what I mean. It gets pulled off during actiom scenes. Its like, why even wear it if it'll get pulled off and not put back on? Do you suddenly no longer need head protection?

Like his fight with Batroc in TWS. He took his helmet off...for what reason exactly?

Yes Evans is a good looking summbitch but I would like Cap to look like Cap when he's fighting.

Birdman15

Banned
I'm digging those heels. Kinda hot.

But good that they didn't go all the way

lol

What in the actual fuck Adidas? Lol

High fashion is flat out terrible. I do not see the appeal at all.

But Harleen's heels are pretty cool. I've notice a lot of women like to wear these style heels these days, especially the Nike and Jordan's.

Cooter

Lacks the power of instantaneous movement
This is an odd one, but to me it wasn't a "Superman movie"

It was the story of how this man decided that he wants to become a superhero and ultimately becomes Superman.

It doesn't "get" Superman because he really isn't Superman until the end of the film. It's an origin story done after they put on the costume.

How does he establish that he wants to help people... what causes him to not kill... what forces him to use his powers at certain times... those are questions... to me anyhow that I feel the movie left at and will be (fingers crossed) addressed in BvS when he should be Superman
This was a brilliant post that should be on call for multiple responses throughout the week. 100% agree Penguin

Top Bottom