• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Suicide Squad - Cast Photo (In Costume)

Salsa

ok call me crazy and im all about practical effects but I want this movie to have some top-level CG stuff ffs

im fucking tired of the WB/Smallvile/Arrow stuff of everyone having cheap costumes and barely using powers cause it looks fucking terrible

that cast photo gives me no hope in this regard at all. It could be a pic from an Arrow special. So; please make this look good

I don't want Killer Croc to be this

4497847-the-thing-fantastic-four-reborn-30-7-10-kc.jpg

please?

LosDaddie

Banned
Costumes look "fine"....nothing too bad other than Killer Croc (aka Lizard dude from ASM1).

This movie will probably rock. Looks like it'll be fun

Birdman15

Banned
ok call me crazy and im all about practical effects but I want this movie to have some top-level CG stuff ffs

im fucking tired of the WB/Smallvile/Arrow stuff of everyone having cheap costumes and barely using powers cause it looks fucking terrible

that cast photo gives me no hope in this regard at all. It could be a pic from an Arrow special. So please make this look good

I don't want Killer Croc to be this

4497847-the-thing-fantastic-four-reborn-30-7-10-kc.jpg

please?

Take solace in knowing it won't be worse than Powers.

I mean what in the actual fuck?

emrober5

They all look better than Leto's Joker IMO.

I actually like Harley's look for the most part. Which I know doesn't make much sense.

I am pumped for this movie.

Xero

While I love animated series harley, that outfit doesn't really work outside of that medium, or the comics that take place in that universe. She just looks too out of place. Having that same harley next to a joker that got his face ripped off just doesn't meld well.

That being said can we finally stop all the dark and gritty comments, and just say why not both? I like my light hearted super hero movies and my darker movies. With that being said the people who call man of steel grim dark, must never watch and real gritty movies in their life, if thats what they think of when they think of a grim/ dark movie. I'm much more of a dc fan, but I enjoy the marvel shit too. People just need to grow up. (but its the internet, and people love bitching too much)

While I love animated series harley, that outfit doesn't really work outside of that medium, or the comics that take place in that universe. She just looks too out of place. Having that same harley next to a joker that got his face ripped off just doesn't meld well.

That being said can we finally stop all the dark and gritty comments, and just say why not both? I like my light hearted super hero movies and my darker movies. With that being said the people who call man of steel grim dark, must never watch and real gritty movies in their life, if thats what they think of when they think of a grim/ dark movie. I'm much more of a dc fan, but I enjoy the marvel shit too. People just need to grow up. (but its the internet, and people love bitching too much)

I can kind of get the reasoning why people expect Superman to not be dark because of TAS and Donner's films, but Suicide Squad should absolutely be dark. This is not an IP built for family fun. Like making Punisher or Daredevil lighthearted. I agree with the sentiment that people should try films regardless of tone and judge base on quality.

Sou Da

While I love animated series harley, that outfit doesn't really work outside of that medium, or the comics that take place in that universe. She just looks too out of place

I disagree, if you take off the hat it can work pretty much anywhere. Like, considering what Joker wore in Arkham Asylum I don't see how that outfit would be out of place there at all.

That said, I don't care if she's not wearing that particular outfit but I don't think she needs to be wearing the trashiest, daisy duke esque costume imaginable. It's just a really shitty look for her and it's usually compounded with that terrible new way they do her character nowadays.

Wait.....Killer Croc isn't actually a croc? I had no idea that's who he was supposed to be. Super lame.

Croc is actually one of the better ones, much better than the "literally a man crocodile" look he's had recently. Katana barely looks a step up from her Arrow costume, El Diablo will die 10 minutes into the movie to establish the concept.

abadguy

Banned

Be that as it may, the New 52 look is still garbage. I hate most of the New 52 costumes though. I think the new Wonder Woman look is even worse. Generic, over designed crap!

Xero

Be that as it may, the New 52 look is still garbage. I hate most of the New 52 costumes though. I think the new Wonder Woman look is even worse. Generic, over designed crap!

I'm not the biggest fan of her new 52 design either, Though for better or worse the character lends herself to frequent wardrobe changes.

Where is this filming in Toronto? There were a lot of trailers and shit outside my office on Wellington at 7am but that is the last time I went outside :(

Seeing more on set pics of her, even though her look is clearly inspired by the shitty New 52 look, it actually looks a lot better than the comic version. Maybe it's the color scheme. Plus the rumors that she changes costumes a lot in this movie and supposedly even has the classic one at one point?

But it all comes down to how she acts as Harley. We all know she can do the accent, but she needs to be not only up beat but pants on head crazy as well.

Yep yep yep. Really curious to see just how crazy they make her.

Double blades or the movie/justice league comic one?

JL comic one is my favorite she's ever worn.

So much happened while I was gone.

I like the costumes. I think Harley is a bit too sexualized(sp?) but I can't argue that she hasn't been portrayed that way for the longest time, and I'm cynical that her TAS suit would fly well. I wouldn't call it "awful" but I'm not the biggest Harley fan in the first place. I'm sure she'll have multiple costumes through the films if not this film.

I was really curious on how they would do enchantress and I'm intrigued. My worst fear was she would be in a tactical suit and her magic would be "science" similar to Thor, but man she looks like some fuckin' voodoo swamp witch thing going on and I love it. I can't wait to see her role in the movie. Deadshot with mask looks ace.

The costumes definitely fit the squad, most of them aren't professionals, they're career criminals. Slipknot, Deadshot and Flag are the only ones that look like they know what they're doing and it makes sense. The picture screams c-stringers and that's what the squad is all about.

Yeah, that's why I feel people are overlooking El Diablo. He looks like a cholo, and I'm sure that's the point. People are going to overlook him until things start bursting into flame.

KissVibes

Banned
Croc is actually one of the better ones, much better than the "literally a man crocodile" look he's had recently. Katana barely looks a step up from her Arrow costume, El Diablo will die 10 minutes into the movie to establish the concept.

Nope.

Slipknot is your guy for that.

That is literally his characters purpose. In the comic and in this film adaption. His character is a joke.

Nope.

Slipknot is your guy for that.

That is literally his characters purpose. In the comic and in this film adaption. His character is a joke.

Yeah. El Diablo is probably going to die, but not as establishing guy. He had this "noble monster" thing going last I checked (which was admittedly a while ago), killing him to cap off a "redemption means death" arc feels more on point.

So think it's a fair guess the initial 6 (Deadshot (nope), Harley(nop), Flag, Boomerang, Enchantress + Joker(not on squad)) are pretty much immune to death?

I think Flag is the prime candidate to die out of those 6. Boomerang I think is next.

GavinUK86

I wouldn't be surprised Diablo and/or Slipknot try to get test the collars or armbands or chips in their heads or whatever they're going to use to keep the squad on a leash and they end up exploding.

So think it's a fair guess the initial 6 (Deadshot (nope), Harley(nop), Flag, Boomerang, Enchantress + Joker(not on squad)) are pretty much immune to death?

I think Flag is the prime candidate to die out of those 6. Boomerang I think is next.

Honestly, the only 2 I'm totally certain are safe are Harley and Deadshot, and even the latter only just edges into it, more because of the Will Smith factor than anything else. If I had to separate it out into tiers, from most to least likely to survive, it'd go

Harley/Deadshot
Boomerang/Flagg/Katana
Enchantress/Croc
El Diablo
Random Nameless Mooks
Slipknot

Obviously, Waller, Bats, Joker, etc. are going to live, but this is more about the squad.

So we got the Squad, Harley, Joker, Batman, Arkham Asylum all in the same movie?

There totally has to be a prison riot, Joker escaping and fucking with everyone, and a Batman/Joker confrontation. And this'll be out after BvS so I don't think they'd keep Batman hidden or a little cameo. We would have already seen him take on Superman.

Effect

I keep thinking that if Enchantress isn't straight up magic based her chances of being killed off are higher. If they push the magic door open with her (opening it further if Wonder Woman does it first) then her chances of survival go up drastically as she can be used later on in the universe. Especially if they plan on doing something similar to Justice League Dark down the road either as apart of another film or a film by itself. If she's a magic user it would be such a waste to kill her off.

I keep thinking that if Enchantress isn't straight up magic based her chances of being killed off are higher. If they push the magic door open with her (opening it further if Wonder Woman does it first) then her chances of survival go up drastically as she can be used later on in the universe. Especially if they plan on doing something similar to Justice League Dark down the road either as apart of another film or a film by itself. If she's a magic user it would be such a waste to kill her off.

Yeah, explaining magic is kind of a waste of time if she gets wasted early on.

Top Bottom