• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Suicide Squad Review Thread: As Fresh As Green Lantern!

Status
Not open for further replies.

TwoDurans

"Never said I wasn't a hypocrite."
Movies that are considered bad with a higher RT score than Suicide Squad. GO!

Snakes on a Plane - 69%
Transformers - 57%
Scooby-Doo - 30%

Rooster12

Has WB responded to all the harsh reviews yet?

Is there gonna be another crazy shake-up? Or do they just not even care at this point?

J_Viper

tumblr_n2yw91vIyT1sxwyufo3_r1_250.gif

What are the chances that WB releases an Ultimate Joker Cut on their own? Without Ayer's involvement I mean

Don't people here hate Star Trek Into Darkness? That has like 86%.

I never got the internet had that Into Darkness received. It's a damn fine sci-fi romp.

Is it a case of #notmykhan or something?

BWJinxing

Just walked out of a showing, thanks Tmobile.

Spolier-free opinion:

I don't follow comic books, so with that, I thought it was entertaining. It sometimes feel like jokes are tossed out there until something sticks, dem harile one-liners. Would watch on netflix again.

Spoiler Opinion:
You assemble a squad of misfits, and your top pick is a guy who chucks boomerangs really well? That climber guy was way more valuable imo.

Then there is the joker. As far as i'm concerned, there is no real need for the joker in this movie, the joker is just "fanservice" appearances. He's only onscreen for about no more than 8 mins in the movie, i'd say. Definitely a more mature joker then the dark night.

The ending with Bruce and the FBI/CIA lady, it kinda felt forced, surely Bruce had other sources to obtain docesirs.

The fight with the queen at the end. If the women stole, in a flash no-less, all the security files from another nation, she should have EASILY outmaneuvered and killed the suicide squad, easily. I guess the compassion she showed really wanting them to join her, i gatehr she was just testing them.

guek

Banned

Is there gonna be another crazy shake-up? Or do they just not even care at this point?
It's too soon. The movie is doing well at the BO. If it continues to perform well, they won't give a shit

pestul

Sorry I took so long to respond with the SchmoesKnow link from Youtube, but here it is:

https://youtu.be/hi6b_Imoxok?t=3485

This starts with Tom Dagnino mentioning his 'it's a complete mess' tweet from May of this year and then goes into the part where JTE mentions his friend/studio exec seeing the original cut of Suicide Squad and his impressions on the differences.

Oh and yeah, if JTE knows someone who says Doctor Strange is phenomenal.. it might just be. It is one person's opinion obviously, but he does trust this person a lot.

I like to think they're smart enough this time to wait for 2nd weekend numbers to come out lest to they make idiots out of themselves again.

Any shakeup that happens I doubt we'll see until Justice League. That movie will make or break the DCEU.

Indiana Jones 4 - 77%
Episode 2 - 65%

George Lucas must have dirt on a huge number of critics.

Critics are not immune to nostalgia (especially the older ones). Look at Superman Returns's RT score.

Caode

TPM is by far the worst star wars movie tho.
Yes worse than attack of the clones

I'm one of the few who think's The Phantom Menace is the best of the prequels, which is just a roundabout way of saying it's the least shit in a trio of shitty films. Attack of the Clones is a trainwreck, Revenge of the Sith isn't too far behind it.

Aye. The nostalgia is so strong among critics that the very shitty Episode 3 has a 79%.

*ducks behind cover*

Well, this is new to Comicbook Threads, not only we are not talking about Thor 2 (best movie ever) but people are now shitting on RotS (best Star Wars movie), what the hell is going on in this thread?

Apathy

this Kinda Funny spoiler review is hilarious. One of the things they brought up that I said a long time ago about this movie is that there is not enough space to give backstory to all the members of the SS. It was too many characters to introduce all at once.

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
After seeing what Batman can do in BvS, I don't buy that this version of Joker would be Bat's nemesis. This Joker is portrayed as just some gangster with a lot of henchmen.

[edit]

And why did he only do the laugh once off-screen and almost to the point of it being muted? All his other laughs were those "Ha. ack. ack ack." from the trailer.

Caode

"Our box office numbers are terrific.. they're the best we've ever had.. or so I'm told, they're just - nobody's seen numbers like it in the uh.. history.. the fans are loving.. it's for the fans."

...and something about crooked critics probably.

"Our box office numbers are terrific.. they're the best we've ever had.. or so I'm told, they're just - nobody's seen numbers like it in the uh.. history.. the fans are loving.. it's for the fans."

...and something about crooked critics probably.

Why is WB Trump now ?

giphy.gif

I'm one of the few who think's The Phantom Menace is the best of the prequels, which is just a roundabout way of saying it's the least shit in a trio of shitty films. Attack of the Clones is a trainwreck, Revenge of the Sith isn't too far behind it.
Young Anakin is shit
Jar Jar Is shit
Darth Maul is barely a character
Qui Gon is shit
Nothing worthwhile in this movie happens so it's pretty much just a waste of time.
We're introduced to Anakins birth bullshit.
Wasted time on Anakin's stupid race.
This movie has like 0 redeeming qualities.
At least Attack of the Clones had some interesting stuff going on with the secret clone army and Obi wan vs Jango Fett along with some decent Dooku scenes and Revenge of the Sith's only glaring problem imo is Hayden Christensen and a shitty script.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom