• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Suicide Squad Review Thread: As Fresh As Green Lantern!

Status
Not open for further replies.

J_Viper

Thank you Bronson for restoring a bit of faith in the movie before I watch it tonight

I now have my expectations set to moderate

Who else is salivating for the RLM review?

Why would I care about what some flop Youtubers think about a movie

Thank you Bronson for restoring a bit of faith in the movie before I watch it tonight

I now have my expectations set to moderate

You're very welcome.

CUT THE CHECK, WARNER

Pffft, BronsonL is a mark. Notice how he made sure to post his review at the top of the page.

My brand is potent

I actually did that by fucking accident, OOP

BLACKLAC

And that second trailer.... man..... that was hype.

Michael Giacchino score with those visuals...

HLJmJ76.png

acevans2

Going to see this tonight thanks to T-Mobile. I'll put back a couple hoppy beverages and enjoy it I'm sure.

Just a shame it didn't come together better.

Going to see this tonight thanks to T-Mobile. I'll put back a couple hoppy beverages and enjoy it I'm sure.

Just a shame it didn't come together better.

Pretty much. It's a decent movie that has good bits in it and brief flashes of brilliance

Umm your in a review thread. lol.
Yeah the RLM will be hilarious going of their Man of Steel and Batman v Superman ones.

No, you're in my review thread. 136 pages of me.com

Seems like base on GAF impressions this is a mediocre film, that for some reason critics went even harder on because superhero saturation?

scoobs

I liked what I saw in the trailers, and after the Superman movies "fun" is kind of what I want.

Then I think you'll enjoy yourself. I feel like people just want to hate this movie or something? Its really quite harmless and a good little romp. Joker/Harley scenes were intriguing, I can't wait to see more

Sephzilla

Don't worry BronsonLee, I still love your movie opinions. You'll always have my support

But you refused my offer to put you over!

giphy.gif

Phediuk

This movie has the most obnoxious soundtrack I've heard in recent memory.

It's like they just blare pop music in every scene as a substitute for wit and energy.

Reule

Well, I loved it. It was cut up to all hell but I still enjoyed it. Again, I think an Ultimate Cut will help. I somewhat liked BvS, for what that may be worth.

WB needs to make sure these films are cut well and make sure everything flows nicely.

Edit: Some annoying pop music choices. Most were okay but one I felt ruined a scene it was featured in.

emrober5

Just got out of the theater...

The reviews for this are too harsh. Thought it was good, not great. Some valid complaints on here about the villian, but Deadshot, Harley Quinn and El Diablo are all great. I even liked Boomerang.

Jared Leto...eh. He has some good and bad scenes, but he is in it so little that it's hard to judge his performance.

I'd give it a 7.5/10

Blader

So much for any director's cut:

“…there’s definitely over 10 minutes of [deleted] material on [the forthcoming home video release]. But this cut of the movie is my cut, there’s no sort of parallel universe version of the movie, the released movie is my cut,” Ayers emphasized. “And that’s one of the toughest things about writing, shooting, and directing a film, is you end up with these orphans and you fucking love them and you think they’d be amazing scenes and do these amazing things but the film is a dictatorship (laughs), not a democracy, and just because something’s cool and charismatic doesn’t mean it gets to survive in the final cut. The flow of the movie is the highest master.”

http://theplaylist.net/suicide-squa...vie-cut-film-likely-wont-open-china-20160805/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom