• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Suicide Squad Review Thread: As Fresh As Green Lantern!

Status
Not open for further replies.

BLACKLAC

Guys, guys, can we please get back on topic? The Suicide Squad Review Thread is not for discussing Air Bud. It's for discussion Thor: The Dark World and Iron Man 3.

But this cinematic gold tho...

giphy.gif

All practical, no CG.

point is Abrams will always be a B player. very consistently average filmography tbh. I don't think I'd rate any of his movies over a 7 at best. maybe star wars because of the nostalgia.

I like Abrams just fine, but his buddy Matt Reeves deserves more love. Cloverfield was fantastic, I don't care what you all say, Let Me In was the rare American remake that's actually better than the original, and his Apes movie was a massive improvement over the first one.

zsynqx

The Russos are pretty great but Spielberg tier they are not. Edgar Wright was to be the A player in the comic book world, shame things didn't work out.

Out of all the cbm directors I feel only the Russos are approaching Spielberg-level in crafting classic blockbusters
They're good but they're still a long way from that. Maybe if they stop working with marvel they'll spread their wings more but The Winter Soldier and Civil War had some great parts. But I also felt that the rest of the movie was just a vessel to get to those parts and everything else was sidelined. Didn't like the third act in either and I think the cap vs Bucky vs Tony fight was kinda lame.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom