• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Suicide Squad Review Thread: As Fresh As Green Lantern!

Status
Not open for further replies.

AAMARMO

Banned
why do people only focus on rottentomatoes??? that site isn't even that well known, just another way for marvel fans to shit on the next DC movie as usual

it's getting way too blatant, neogaf.. or should i say... marvelgaf?

meanwhile NOBODY is talking about the 9,1 score the movie currently has on imDB... gee i wonder why!

Co4RRn4XgAAM-sN.jpg:large

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1386697/

but yeah, just go on hating the movie without even having seen it. i'm going to watch it monday with friends and actually enjoy myself. have fun talking about meaningless scores all week gaf!

I wouldn't trust IMDb.

For example:
0qykHZe.png

PBY

Banned
why do people only focus on rottentomatoes??? that site isn't even that well known, just another way for marvel fans to shit on the next DC movie as usual

meanwhile NOBODY is talking about the 9,1 score the movie currently has on imDB... gee i wonder why!

but yeah, just go on hating the movie without even having seen it. i'm going to watch it monday with friends and actually enjoy myself. have fun talking about meaningless scores all week gaf!
10/10

Calling scores meaningless but then pointing to IMDb scores was a nice touch.

Moonkid

Sounds like editing is a consistent critique in relation to the flashbacks. Anthony Hopkins in Silence of the Lambs demonstrated how a performance with little screen time can leave the biggest impression. Sounds like some people believe Leto didn't do the same, and I'm willing to give his performance the benefit of the doubt if the segments he were in were implemented poorly. I'll hopefully catch the movie this weekend.

Dear Some Hollywood Studios

Spend more time recrutiing talent with a sense of pacing, character development, bit of charm

Basically lay off the spreadsheet checklist and put a bit more heart and talent into things

If you put a bit more effort into these things like you have with the Twitter & Facebook shill/marketing folks, you might get somewhere in a positive sense

Dawg used bait. It's super effective.

I think that the Nolan trilogy would be even worse for WB if Ledger was alive for the third movie, nothing would ever top that, ever. Instead we got TDKR.

Cuburt

hahaha you almost got me.

AHA-Lambda

Cos almost no one has bloody seen it yet maybe??? =/

Nokterian

Thats-bait-young-sir.gif

Papacheeks

Banned

You do know that 9.1 was a 9.8 before the embargo lifted and was not reviews but people just hypeing the movie on IMDB.

Kickz

l4Ki2obCyAQS5WhFe.gif

overcast

Seems like most reviews cite the performances as pretty decent across the board. Stand ours being Harley, Diablo, Boomerang and Deadshot.

Joker reactions are relatively solid, but he's barely in the movie at all.

Pacing, plot, action and editing all seem shite. Just a poorly put together flick 🤔

I read this in Donald Trump's voice for some reason.

I think I've read too much Trump news today.

MMarston

Was getting caught part of your plan?

80618-you-are-very-good-you-gif-Robe-4mBR.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom