• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Suicide Squad Review Thread: As Fresh As Green Lantern!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Speevy

Banned
After the failure of Wonder Woman, Justice League, and Batfleck Emerges, the only movie to survive the wreckage is...

the Oscar-winning Aqua Man.

Get Vinny on the phone. The movie is back on.

Kickz

It's dropping down on RT now.. 33% after 46 counted. This is probably going to end below 30%... goddammit DCCU!

post-34601-batman-smile-gif-Imgur-sAyR.gif

Pie and Beans

Look for me on the local news, I'll be the guy arrested for trying to burn down a Nintendo exec's house.
Mandatory:
RFiJNyN.gif

That nobody stopped that terrible fucking Joker concept before it made it to screen is all you need to know about the DC movie making process. Maybe that Geoff Johns paste they've high pressure splorged into all those cracks will do something for the upcoming films, but this cinematic universe is always going to have the stink of failure to it now.

labx

Banned
"A puzzlingly confused undertaking that never becomes as cool as it thinks it is"

Ugh, just what I feared.

So many actors to play those roles and WB had to go with the poppy ones. The only one that can act is Will Smith. The rest was a poor casting decision. Is like they hired Taylor Swift gang (from bad blood video) a to act in the movie and trying to hard to hack Marvel's formula for blockbuster success.

NumberTwo

Paper or plastic?
I just wish they would stop with the Universe bullshit
There's nothing wrong with the concept of a Cinematic Universe. It's a natural evolution of the traditional solo comic book genre films that we've gotten use to. What matters is execution and thus far WB has demonstrated how not to do one.

why do people only focus on rottentomatoes??? that site isn't even that well known, just another way for marvel fans to shit on the next DC movie as usual

it's getting way too blatant, neogaf.. or should i say... marvelgaf?

meanwhile NOBODY is talking about the 9,1 score the movie currently has on imDB... gee i wonder why!

Co4RRn4XgAAM-sN.jpg:large

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1386697/

but yeah, just go on hating the movie without even having seen it. i'm going to watch it monday with friends and actually enjoy myself. have fun talking about meaningless scores all week gaf!
The same IMDB that was flooded with man babies giving GB a bad score? Yeah, real trustworthy.

It's interesting to see Margot talk about where the script was at initially. Sounds as if it was slowly built as they went with a loose skeleton of the plot. I'm not sure of the story behind Wonder Woman's script but Aquaman and Justice League are in a rocky place, as was BvS. Flash is in the best place in having a solid script ready.

jelly

Well it's official guys. Nolan's version of DC grim universe, best version yet. Wrap it up, let's re-watch TDK trilogy and cry.

I never understood people calling Nolan films grim or dull or dark. They are quite lively and funny among the other aspects. It's rooted in realism as can be not grim.

MMarston

Was getting caught part of your plan?
Thanks to GAF, I somehow will have no problems whatsoever in the event Rogue One gets bad reviews as long as it ends up making a thread goldmine.

I really hope that DC can come out of this funk. While I do like the Marvel movies, I wouldn't mind something different. The problem is DC has the different, but the execution seems to be lacking. I will still see this movie, since I was still able to enjoy BvS even with its flaws.

RedStep

why do people only focus on rottentomatoes??? that site isn't even that well known, just another way for marvel fans to shit on the next DC movie as usual

but yeah, just go on hating the movie without even having seen it. i'm going to watch it monday with friends and actually enjoy myself. have fun talking about meaningless scores all week gaf!

Dude, when are you putting up your next DC video on YouTube? Those things give me life on slow workdays.

3N16MA

Banned
The magic of the BvS review thread will never be recaptured. That is unless a Nolan film gets thrashed, a MCU film is rotten, or the Avatar sequels bomb.

dgLQ3.gif

Very well, then let's take about the MetaCritic score.

BTW I like both Marvel and DC, but grew up enjoying the latter company back then. WB needs to stop insisting on making garbage films (still going to check out Suicide Squad regardless).

GAMEPROFF

Banned
I really hope that DC can come out of this funk. While I do like the Marvel movies, I wouldn't mind something different. The problem is DC has the different, but the execution seems to be lacking. I will still see this movie, since I was still able to enjoy BvS even with its flaws.
Sony is starting the Valiant Cinematic Universe next year. Dont worry.

Blader

I know
hope
Dawg is joking, but I do laugh every time I see a commercial tout a movie's Rottentomatoes score.

karasu

There's nothing wrong with the concept of a Cinematic Universe. It's a natural evolution of the traditional solo comic book genre films that we've gotten use to. What matters is execution and thus far WB has demonstrated how not to do one.

It seems to be too large of an undertaking for marvel's success to ever be mirrored.

Oersted

I'm just hoping they don't shoehorn in the cinematic stuff into the Batfleck movie and let it stand on its own.

A Batman lead and directed movie. Farewell hope.

They are trying to hard to chase those Marvel dollars at this point.

Nolan batman still remains the gold standard, just make more in that mold.

Yep. Make good old standalone movies. You can revisit the universes with sequels.

There is alot wrong with it.

L

Lord Virgin

Unconfirmed Member
I'm fully expecting Geoff Johns to disappoint you guys with Wonder Woman. 40% RT incoming.

Clear

CliffyB's Cock Holster
Current DC movies will for ever live in the shadow of Nolan's Batman trilogy.

Pfft. I'd take Snyder's efforts over Nolan's overrated trilogy any day of the week.

Can't help but feel that a lot of the ire directed at the recent DC movies is delayed blowback from critics who overpraised the DK trilogy because they couldn't countenance slamming a Nolan picture.

the irony is that if they keep getting reviews like this the DCEU wont have a very extended life.

Also DC Extended Universe is a dumb name. I'm calling it the DCCU

The fundamental problem with this universe is that it's extended, because it was never intended to be a shared universe when Man of Steel was in production. Lack of vision is so apparent.

Kuros

Pfft. I'd take Snyder's efforts over Nolan's overrated trilogy any day of the week.

Can't help but feel that a lot of the ire directed at the recent DC movies is delayed blowback from critics who overpraised the DK trilogy because they couldn't countenance slamming a Nolan picture.

Nah.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom