• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Suicide Squad Review Thread: As Fresh As Green Lantern!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mudcrab

x7BhSIQ.jpg

Too soon. Marvel is laughing so hard.

nkPVmGm.gif

Right now, the "review" I most looking forward to is the crews in the Comic Conspiracy podcast go at it. I expect Bryce shit on SS in his Irish accent during the entire show.

aBarreras

would people stop sucking nolan's dick for god's sake?!

like if he magically would fix everything, also the dark knight trilogy isnt that good

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Why the fuck are you not simply copying Assault on Arkham and make this movie uncomplicated, but good ? Fucking hell.

This is for the fans ? This is fucking disrespectful to the fans.
Way too complicated what with all the groundwork and material laid out.

Actually it started in iron man one with shield, and having nick fury be in the credits scene saying he's part of a bigger world he yet doesn't understand. Then at the end of incredible hulk stark shows up and tells ross he's putting a team together.

Then the end scene with fury at the end of captain america:first avenger. Iron man 2's was uneeded. They built it up in each movie even in thor he mentions before the movie ends to coulson that he will be there to protect midgar whenever they need him.

So yes it was uneeded in IM2, but avengers was built up starting with iron man 1. Which is why it was so successful critically, and loved among movie goers and critics.
Right. It stated with hints (I loved Coulson in Iron Man) and after-credit scenes (the ones you've mentioned), but yeah, I was mainly complaining about Iron Man 2 and how all the SHIELD/Avengers stuff in there felt forced.

Oddduck

City A.M. review

It’s also a mess. It has terrible pacing, shambling along under the weight of too many characters and a jarring dichotomy of styles, utterly unable to commit to either the irreverent glitter and gunfire that might approximate this year’s surprise hit Deadpool, or the dour existentialism of Batman v Superman.

Instead we’re left with perhaps the least memorable antagonist of any super-hero film: Enchantress, played by a hamstrung Cara Delevingne whose stage notes can’t have extended much further than “witchy dancing”. She ambles about in a bikini spouting lines of appalling dialogue such as
“join me or die”
babbling about building a “machine” that will destroy mankind, which is just a big swirly cloud.
Delevingne will take a lot of the flack but I don’t think Cate Blanchett could have done it any better.

Tampa Bay Times review

Meanwhile, Ayer shoves an unimpressive villain at viewers with Cara Delevingne's Enchantress, an emo witch with an army of charcoal briquette goons. The energy level noticeably sags with Enchantress on screen, spouting subtitled fantasy world gibberish, turning up the CGI nonsense.

A better move for Ayer would be giving Leto's Joker more time for menace, although the performance wouldn't stand up to the additional scrutiny. The only Joker portrayal Leto clearly surpasses is Cesar Romero's; Jack Nicholson's and Heath Ledger's survivors have little to worry about. However, more Joker would mean more Harley, and Robbie's damaged sex kitten is a Halloween costume (and franchise) waiting to happen.

SBS review

Margot Robbie runs rings around her “Puddin”, The Joker; in that role, Jared Leto plays to the back row during every second he’s on screen (happily it’s only
a few scenes
).

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
So I'm reading alot of the quotes and they mostly seem to be that they like the movie, it isn't perfect but it seems to be hitting a lot of good points for them, but apparently the scores aren't reflecting that according to this thread?

why do people only focus on rottentomatoes??? that site isn't even that well known, just another way for marvel fans to shit on the next DC movie as usual

it's getting way too blatant, neogaf.. or should i say... marvelgaf?

meanwhile NOBODY is talking about the 9,1 score the movie currently has on imDB... gee i wonder why!

Co4RRn4XgAAM-sN.jpg:large

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1386697/

but yeah, just go on hating the movie without even having seen it. i'm going to watch it monday with friends and actually enjoy myself. have fun talking about meaningless scores all week gaf!

i will wait to see the movie, before i judge it...

PBY

Banned
So I'm reading alot of the quotes and they mostly seem to be that they like the movie, it isn't perfect but it seems to be hitting a lot of good points for them, but apparently the scores aren't reflecting that according to this thread?
Were reading different quotes then.

Oersted

With the concept of a Cinematic Universe, in and of itself? I don't understand. This isn't an either or situation. You can have great solo movies that happen to take place in a larger universe. We know it can be done. What's wrong with the way Marvel has built a cinematic universe around their characters?

Long story short they are making a third Thor movie.

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
Nah they were mediocre and somewhat unintentionally funny given how serious the premise of a man dressing up as a bat was applied to a world supposedly "grounded" in reality . Ledger gave a great performance , but for the most part these films had great art direction and style but the stories themselves were straight trash , much like Nolans other films , Momento aside .

That's your opinion that the story was trash, but overall the movies were good at a minimum.

Like at some point people need to acknowledge that a strong consensus means something. It's like if I said the movie Citizen Kane was terrible. I shouldn't be allow to say that and be taken seriously.

To me the same should apply to TDKR and TDK

BumRush

why do people only focus on rottentomatoes??? that site isn't even that well known, just another way for marvel fans to shit on the next DC movie as usual

it's getting way too blatant, neogaf.. or should i say... marvelgaf?

meanwhile NOBODY is talking about the 9,1 score the movie currently has on imDB... gee i wonder why!

Co4RRn4XgAAM-sN.jpg:large

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1386697/

but yeah, just go on hating the movie without even having seen it. i'm going to watch it monday with friends and actually enjoy myself. have fun talking about meaningless scores all week gaf!

Honest question: can't anyone just go on and give it a score?

Kibbles

Mandatory:
RFiJNyN.gif

That nobody stopped that terrible fucking Joker concept before it made it to screen is all you need to know about the DC movie making process. Maybe that Geoff Johns paste they've high pressure splorged into all those cracks will do something for the upcoming films, but this cinematic universe is always going to have the stink of failure to it now.

Joker is literally only in 8-10min of the movie, FFS. This has nothing to do with Joker, in fact he was one of the best parts about the movie and easily is top-tier in on-screen Jokers and leads a very promising future. Make him and Harley the main villians of a movie and have as much screentime as the other Jokers have had and he easily trumps them all imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom