• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Suicide Squad Review Thread: As Fresh As Green Lantern!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Joker is literally only in 8-10min of the movie, FFS. This has nothing to do with Joker, in fact he was one of the best parts about the movie and easily is top-tier in on-screen Jokers and leads a very promising future. Make him and Harley the main villians of a movie and have as much screentime as the other Jokers have had and he easily trumps them all imo.

Jared, it's time to stop posting.

Papacheeks

Banned
Right. It stated with hints (I loved Coulson in Iron Man) and after-credit scenes (the ones you've mentioned), but yeah, I was mainly complaining about Iron Man 2 and how all the SHIELD/Avengers stuff in there felt forced.

Yea it did in Iron man 2. But shields involvement in ironman, thor, and the end of captain america scene with fury help solidify avengers. And the fact that end credit scenes kind of became a big thing because marvel saw how many people actually stayed to watch.

Avengers was built up, from all those films, and done with a great deal of care outside of ironman 2.

GLoWtuN.jpg

Oh God, my sides!

jelly

I don't get why WB wanted these big group films when they could ride building solo films and slowly do cross overs like Marvel. They might be behind Avengers and what not but so what?

You could have 15 films making bank with different characters and great stories but they decided to blow their load.

Now all they've got is embarrassing wasted potential that ended up as shoehorned email attachments.

Not seeing Harley working her normal job, meet the inmates, slowly fall for Joker which I presume is some shit flashback of wasted potential. Imagine Batman visiting Arkham, dropping off prisoners to Gordon or something and Harley mostly normal going about her business but something is off. There is no decent build up or threads in this cinematic universe.

Shambala

Joker is literally only in 8-10min of the movie, FFS. This has nothing to do with Joker, in fact he was one of the best parts about the movie and easily is top-tier in on-screen Jokers and leads a very promising future. Make him and Harley the main villians of a movie and have as much screentime as the other Jokers have had and he easily trumps them all imo.
I could have sworn the reviews said joker was bad lol

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
This is why I dislike movie discussions on GAF.
Something is either great or 'thrash, garbage fire.'

There's nothing in between for some people and a lot of posters seem incapable of realizing that just because you don't enjoy a movie that is considered goodgreat by the majority, doesn't mean it's bad or overrated.

Exactly! I try to explain to people that it's okay that you don't like movies that are seen as great to most people.

And it's okay to like movies that aren't viewed as bad by the majority. I like a lot of "bad" Madea Tyler Perry movies. It's fine.

Papacheeks

Banned

Coming from the guy with a joker avatar, yea we'll take it with huge piles of Chris evens gifs and salt.

I hated the look of this joker from the moment they showed him, but saw the acting in teh trailers and said maybe he makes me forget about those. Then I read reviews saying how much of a gangster, and shit which is not the joker. And not a good take which was recently done in the comics that was not well liked.

Anung

Un Rama
I don't get why WB wanted these big group films when they could ride building solo films and slowly do cross overs like Marvel. They might be behind Avengers and what not but so what?

You could have 15 films making bank with different characters and great stories but they decided to blow their load.

Now all they've got is embarrassing wasted potential that ended up as shoehorned email attachments.

Because they needed that billion and cinematic movie universe now. Like RIGHT NOW.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
Honest question: can't anyone just go on and give it a score?

Yes, and they do. I would bet money the majority of those scores are from people that haven't seen the movie. We've seen this over and over again with highly anticipated movies that appeal to rabid fans. The moment the imdb is open for rating, they boost it up. It'll drop like a stone when the wide release occurs.

spekkeh

Banned
Not surprised. From the moment Leto was doing all that stupid PR antics you just knew the production company wasn't particularly secure or feeling it, and the few trailers I did see made it really unclear what it was supposed to be. End of Watch is one of the best films in recent times so it can't all be on the director's head, but nothing about this screams tight directorial control.

John Dunbar

correct about everything

there's been like 4 live action jokers. and there is only room for romero in the top tier.

odiin

My Apartment, or the 120 Screenings of Salo
It's very possible when all is said and done, that the combined scores of BvS and Suicide Squad still won't add up to a fresh rating.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom