• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Suicide Squad Review Thread: As Fresh As Green Lantern!

Status
Not open for further replies.

BLACKLAC

I love the engaging cinematic masterpiece that is Thor Two: The Darkest World!

Very pretty film tbh.
b2eus2j.png

You know what suicide squad needed? Hollywood leading man and star of thor 2 the world's most beautiful man Chris Hemsworth. 1B guaranteed.

Christian Bale was a perfect Bruce Wayne 'dumb playboy' into actual Batman though. No offense to Keaton for also playing that crazy person, but Bale can go from open-faced loveable dummy to grizzled angry crazy person on facial acting alone and that is something very, very few actors can do. Not in that range anyway.

That, and Liam Neeson was fun in Begins. He's also been in these small cult Star Wars movies, I hear? You've probably never heard of them.

Speaking of which: IS Baffleck in this or not?

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
Can't they just make a shot for shot live action version of the Mask of the Phantasm already?

#2. Guardians is #1 for me personally.

Yep Guardians is absolutely beautifully shot and it's color grading is wonderful.

That said Strange is looking like not only the most impressive MCU film visually but one of the most impressive things I've ever seen on film period. It's effects work is unbelievable

So let's say that, against all reason, they cancel Justice League and Wonder Woman and everything else except Batfleck and start the canon all over

Is Leto's Joker good enough to survive in that new canon?

So let's say that, against all reason, they cancel Justice League and Wonder Woman and everything else except Batfleck and start the canon all over

Is Leto's Joker good enough to survive in that new canon?

I feel like this universe can still be fixed without rebooting the canon. Just fix everything in JL and retcon a bunch of shit to get things in the right place then plow ahead.

Loved the theatrical cut of BVS, and thought the ultimate cut was even more fantastic. But critics just don't seem to get the dark serious tone of Zack Snyder's BVS. This thursday I'd know for sure if the same applies to Suicide Squad

BLACKLAC

$10 says this is all during the 3rd act and the rest of the movie is magic Iron Man type of shit.

Not srs.

Srs

Jk

Could be part of a chase scene.

A description of the "magical mystical tour" clip they showed when Strange first meets the Ancient One. Obviously spoilers.

https://youtu.be/OibN6Sd9MyQ?t=17m0s

(should be time stamped 17:00 the whole show is great though)

From everything I have heard they are keeping the "Ditko" stuff out of the trailers.

Jombie

The Nolan Batman trilogy is garbage. Affleck is a better Batman than Bale could ever HOPE to be.

I don't think it's garbage, but I think the trilogy equates to one good film (with its own issues) sandwiched in-between a mediocre and straight-up bad one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom