• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Suicide Squad Review Thread: As Fresh As Green Lantern!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ahasverus

Oh my god, the Ultimate Cut of this post:
Not only did she love BvS, she compared it to Kubricks movies.

She should have her tongue removed.

Edit: Her tongue is still good for other reasons.
xR505FA.gif

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
That RT score damn it's like BvS all over again. I was going to go opening weekend with some friends but after that score I think I'll pass. I didn't really like BvS and I bet this is the same (10 minutes of good movie surrounded by boring and stupid crap)

Got free tickets to BvS and it was the worst film I've seen in ages. My friend and I are gonna get high as fuck and watch Suicide Squad this weekend. Hopefully it's bad good and not bad bad.

guek

Banned
What bugs me most about Batman's casual killing in BvS is that it's not clearly explained why this is happening. Is it a symptom of age and being in the game too long? Is it an after effect of Joker killing Robin? Is it because Superman's presence humbled him (in a bad way)? It's a little all of the above, but the cause is too muddled imo and the effect is never really addressed in any real way; this Batman just kills people, for some reason, and never really reflects on it.

Alfred mentions he's turning cruel but at best, it feels like they tip toe around the issue instead of confronting it head on like they needed

Edit: Her tongue is still good for other reasons.

c'mon dude :-(

I TRULY, truly believe if Wonder Woman and Justice League fails next year, Warner Bros will cancel the DCEU. That's a damn promise.
Cancel? Unlikely. Put on hold for a few years and then reboot? Could happen.

If anything they'll just "merge" the solo movies into Batman: Super Friends Without Benefits.
... dude what the hell. ugh. I see you've been quoted to hell and back.
IconicJokerByeBye.gifv
lol you.

Cancel? Unlikely. Put on hold for a few years and then reboot? Could happen.

If anything they'll just "merge" the solo movies into Batman: Super Friends Without Benefits.

... dude what the hell. ugh. I see you've been quoted to hell and back.

A reboot sounds very possible and probably for the better with a clear direction.

Zukuu

Banned
Why does everybody take this idiom so literally?

Is the film at least "fun" and entertaining? Something BvS didn't had.

What if the DCCU did so poorly that Marvel was able to absorb it? What if there was only 1 CU left standing? Does the government even try to control monopolies on CUs? I wouldn't mind seeing Batman in MCU, tho.

Ahasverus

What if the DCCU did so poorly that Marvel was able to absorb it? What if there was only 1 CU left standing? Does the government even try to control monopolies on CUs? I wouldn't mind seeing Batman in MCU, tho.
You joke but yes, a DC/Marvel would be blocked by the government for a monopoly in.. comic books. Technically Disney could buy the rights but still.

Legit surprised at Grace not liking this. I wonder what set her off because that's a pretty aggressive hate tweet at the movie if she's not just trolling.

Settle down Euron Greyjoy. It's just capeshit.
Kinda feels like she didn't wanna be seen as a DC nutter anymore so she went ham on a easy target lol. Supposedly she doesn't like stuff that doesn't treat female characters well either.

I TRULY, truly believe if Wonder Woman and Justice League fails next year, Warner Bros will cancel the DCEU. That's a damn promise.
Lmao they won't as long as they make money. Some of y'all get way too damn caught up on what other people think of a flick. Most of y'all haven't even seen this shit with your own eyes. Chill my lord.

If they are going to do Flashpoint then do Injustice too, just say "fuck it, do everything". You can use that to bring back Supes and kill Leto.

iqubal

Banned
Damn, that sucks. Was hoping this movie turned out good.

And The Dark Knight Is the best comic book movie ever. Guardians is close at Number 2. My opinion of course.

guek

Banned
Even though I would LOVE a multiverse/in-universe reboot (similar to what Star Trek did or sure, Flashpoint/Crisis) I feel like a lot of people would be against it or just not really understand what happened.

Oh totally. 99% chance it'd be a clusterfuck. But the shear size of the testicles it'd require to even attempt that would earn my admiration at the very least.

kurahador

If they want to pull a redo, the best point I think would be Flash to travel back in time, save Pa Kent from tornado and let him die from a heart attack.

Damn, that sucks. Was hoping this movie turned out good.

And The Dark Knight Is the best comic book movie ever. Guardians is close at Number 2. My opinion of course.

Every time a DC movie bombs, it's license to retrospectively deem a past great movie as trash, kinda like, to drag down the standards.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom