• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Suicide Squad Review Thread: As Fresh As Green Lantern!

Status
Not open for further replies.

CSX

Tmobile got me a free ticket. Gonna watch it in the morning to avoid the big crowds. Been a while since I went to the theatre :p

milanbaros

Member?
Thor 2 was a bit dull but not what I'd call a bad film. Not something I'd choose to watch again but I don't have painful memories (like BvS). It is a solid 5/10, C grade film.

enigmatic_alex44

Whenever a game uses "middleware," I expect mediocrity. Just see how poor TLOU looks.
Nolan went scorched earth so that no one after him could make better movies.

Comic book movies better than Nolan's trilogy:

-Captain America: First Avenger
-Captain America: Winter Soldier
-Captain America: Civil War
-Avengers 1
-Watchmen
-Man of Steel
-Batman V. Superman Ultimate Edition with 30 extra minutes that fixed everything
-Guardians of the Galaxy
-Scott Pilgrim Vs. The World starring Chris Evans as Ex Boyfriend Lucas Lee
-X-men 2
-X-men Days of Future Past

You Nolanites are devoted though 😂😂😂

giphy.gif

We talking Thor 2 now? Where's the poll?

Toa TAK

Banned
I can't tell which is worse: Heidi Klum's voice or that people keep insisting on calling Thor: The Dark World "Thor 2".

PopeReal

Jesus Christ. What the fuck is DC doing?

Whoever is directing Wonder Woman should get the keys to the cinematic universe. That one looks to be really good.

I don't exactly remember the ending of Thor 2 but from what I recall I thought it was stupid. The dude is immortal and you just drop a huge thing over him? That's not gonna work, son.

Lol @alex up there missing an obvious joke. Won't even bother quoting.

Kalentan

So I know I'm alone on this and I know for a fact that no one has brought it up yet... But anyone want to watch some Thor 2?

Litan

Comic book movies better than Nolan's trilogy:

-Captain America: First Avenger
-Captain America: Winter Soldier
-Captain America: Civil War
-Avengers 1
-Watchmen
-Man of Steel
-Batman V. Superman Ultimate Edition with 30 extra minutes that fixed everything
-Guardians of the Galaxy
-Scott Pilgrim Vs. The World starring Chris Evans as Ex Boyfriend Lucas Lee
-X-men 2
-X-men Days of Future Past

You Nolanites are devoted though 😂😂😂
8QloDXn.jpg

kurahador

Jesus Christ. What the fuck is DC doing?

Whoever is directing Wonder Woman should get the keys to the cinematic universe. That one looks to be really good.

Nahh...the only sure thing for DCEU right now is Aquaman due to Justin Lin. Everything else is 50-50, yes even Ben Affleck's Batman.

guek

Banned
That's GAF for you. Buying into that Marvel assembly-line product. The lack of true creative vision and risk with directors being stifled in their level of control; it's all perfectly calculated.

DC's biggest mistake is thinking they can do the same thing. It's like they hopped on the toilet as quickly as they could with this "me too" attitude only to have to strain and force out the most constipated, grotesque looking shit imagineable.

There hasn't been a truly memorable FILM in the MCU; nothing that could stand on it's own as a masterpiece like Nolan's interpretations (or rather, one of those). This genre is becoming a bit of a joke; fanboy flame wars abound on the eve of each and every release. There's that initial clamor, the "OMG BEST MOVIE EVAR!" (usually in the case of the MCU), and then it all blows over until the next one, which everyone has been reminded to see in a post-credit sequence of some sort.

Don't worry. I'm eagerly awaiting South Park The Fractured But Whole and its takedown of this nonsense.

I dunno man, your personal investment in how much people enjoy the MCU despite your indifference to it has always come across as a strange fixation. I'll never understand why the popularity of a product can rustle so many jimmies. At least with stuff like Twilight or 50 Shades, it's easy to see the potential societal harm that comes with glorifying negative gender stereotypes, stalker behavior, and dysfunctional relationships. With the MCU, not so much.

Prompto

Banned
Nahh...the only sure thing for DCEU right now is Aquaman due to Justin Lin. Everything else is 50-50, yes even Ben Affleck's Batman.
Id say Flash is a surer bet since it has Lord/Miller working on the story, the director of Dope, and the guy who wrote the Lego Batman Movie as the writer. But even that I'd say is still 50-50.

Id say Flash is a surer bet since it has Lord/Miller working on the story, the director of Dope, and the guy who wrote the Lego Batman Movie as the writer. But even that I'd say is still 50-50.

Ayer made two pretty good film before Squad. Everything is 50-50 with DCEU.

That's GAF for you. Buying into that Marvel assembly-line product. The lack of true creative vision and risk with directors being stifled in their level of control; it's all perfectly calculated.

DC's biggest mistake is thinking they can do the same thing. It's like they hopped on the toilet as quickly as they could with this "me too" attitude only to have to strain and force out the most constipated, grotesque looking shit imagineable.

There hasn't been a truly memorable FILM in the MCU; nothing that could stand on it's own as a masterpiece like Nolan's interpretations (or rather, one of those). This genre is becoming a bit of a joke; fanboy flame wars abound on the eve of each and every release. There's that initial clamor, the "OMG BEST MOVIE EVAR!" (usually in the case of the MCU), and then it all blows over until the next one, which everyone has been reminded to see in a post-credit sequence of some sort.

Don't worry. I'm eagerly awaiting South Park The Fractured But Whole and its takedown of this nonsense.

Is that Daniel Day Lewis in your profile pic?

PopeReal

how bout we wait and see if Wonder Woman is good first

Fair enough.

Yeah.

I mean, Suicide Squad looked good, too. With a decent director to boot.

I kinda liked one of the SS trailers. Kinda. Didn't really get me.

Wonder Woman trailer was great I thought. We will see what happens.

Maybe! But they better figure this shit out fast.

karasu

What about Thor 1? Or the First Avenger? Or Iron Man 2? the Hulk movies? All of them are plenty of shitty.

Not even a great actress can make up for the mistakes of a shitty editor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom