• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Suicide Squad Review Thread: As Fresh As Green Lantern!

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Kree

Banned
David Ayer responds to 'Suicide Squad' mixed reviews by comparing his plight to Mexican peasants

With the reviews coming in mixed (but more positive than BvS), director David Ayer took to Twitter last night to respond. Maybe it was the pressure of knowing the DCEU is sitting squarely on his shoulders. Maybe it was an attempt at a fist-bump of solidarity with the fandom. Or maybe it was just indicative of a man who would yell “F**k Marvel” at the world premiere of Suicide Squad. Whatever the case, Ayer quotes Mexican revolutionary Emiliano Zapata.

Prefiero morir de pie que vivir de rodillas - Emiliano Zapata
— David Ayer (@DavidAyerMovies) August 2, 2016

The translated quote reads, “I'd rather die standing than live on my knees.” Ayer later clarified:

Zapata quote is my way of saying I love the movie and believe in it. Made it for the fans. Best experience of my life. ??
— David Ayer (@DavidAyerMovies) August 2, 2016

Serious business.

aBarreras

well now the thread is running in circles that rotten tomatoes shut down thing and the zapata thing wer talked about like in page 30 or something

Lynx_7

DCEU was a mistake. It's nothing but trash.

Unlike BvS, however, I actually expected this one to be good considering how well made and fun the trailers looked.
At this point I don't know if they can actually salvage this cinematic universe thing without at least a soft reboot.

Almost time for Evans gifs in that case.

image.php

Haven't seen it done enough lately :p

"I made it for the fans" is basically saying the movie is shit but you fanboys will eat it up.

I check out the DC Extended Universe FB page once in a while just to see the wildfire going on haha.

"I made it for the fans" is basically saying the movie is shit but you fanboys will eat it up.

I check out the DC Extended Universe FB page once in a while just to see the wildfire going on haha.
Yeah this shit is infuriating. Hey WB guess what, I am a fucking fan too and your end product doesn't please me one bit.

They should change it to "I made it for the stans".

Broken Joystick

At least you can talk. Who are you?

jmood88

As soon as the "this was for the fans, not critic" bullshit starts coming out, you know the movie is awful.

Kibbles

^ Bar scene is in. Harley never asks what they want iirc, but it's in.

TheMoogly ‏@DrewAtHitFix 12h12 hours ago Los Angeles, CA
Saw SUICIDE SQUAD again. Big hit with the whole family. The characters land, and that makes all the difference.

Yeah despite the reviews I'm going to see it this weekend still for sure. BvS was reviewed horribly, and frankly it had more issues than I can name, but I still thought it was ok and worth seeing in a theater.

This is reviewing slightly higher than that so I won't be surprised if I have an ok / decent time with it

Papacheeks

Banned
^ Bar scene is in. Harley never asks what they want iirc, but it's in.

TheMoogly ‏@DrewAtHitFix 12h12 hours ago Los Angeles, CA
Saw SUICIDE SQUAD again. Big hit with the whole family. The characters land, and that makes all the difference.

Thanks WB PR manager.

John Dunbar

correct about everything
so have the bad reviews had any effect on the box office or is the movie still expected to get 140 million or something obscene like that during the opening weekend?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom