• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Suicide Squad Review Thread: As Fresh As Green Lantern!

Status
Not open for further replies.
This thread actually spawned a Marvel critique thread..nothing crazy about that..

media-gif-4.gif

That poor man's salt is hilarious at this point.

Cipherr

This thread actually spawned a Marvel critique thread..nothing crazy about that..

I dont remember this try hard ass standoff bullshit between DC and Marvel movies back when both Avengers and TDK series were BOTH killing and doing well.

Just saying.

Feels alot like the friction started when DC started shitting out movies people didn't like. The 'competition' got lopsided and fanboys went to work on both sides.

Sanctuary

Something something FUN something SAFE something PREDICTABLE.

This is entirely true, but they also seem to have a higher quality control in general. Deadpool proved that you can take risks and still make a huge amount of money though.

DC just needs someone other than a director that's too busy wanting to make overly long and overly stylized music videos than actual movies. The Nolan Trilogy (mainly the first two movies) and the first two Superman movies are the only DC based films that I can think of that actually ever did anything for the universe.

Salsa

Cyborg is Black Widow to them. They'll never make that stand alone movie and they'll never manage to make anyone care enough.

This whole shit will be rebooted by the point they'd even get to that anyway

wachie

dabig2

I dont remember this try hard ass standoff bullshit between DC and Marvel movies back when both Avengers and TDK series were BOTH killing and doing well.

Just saying.

Feels alot like the friction started when DC started shitting out movies people didn't like. The 'competition' got lopsided and fanboys went to work on both sides.

Crazy talk. You've been here for a minute, so surely you remember the TDKR vs Avengers BO/critic hijinks back in 2012? That's when the cape wars really started getting popping. I bet that, if you revisit some of those threads, you'll find that it's literally the same people arguing the same talking points today. That whole "looks like a TV show" meme originated from that era.

Cuburt

A source with knowledge of events says Warners executives, nervous from the start, grew more anxious after they were blindsided and deeply rattled by the tepid response to BvS. “Kevin [Tsujihara, Warner Bros. CEO] was really pissed about damage to the brand,” says one executive close to the studio. A key concern for Warners executives was that Suicide Squad didn’t deliver on the fun, edgy tone promised in the strong teaser trailer for the film. So while Ayer pursued his original vision, Warners set about working on a different cut, with an assist from Trailer Park, the company that had made the teaser.

That seems to redeem Faraci's report that BvS's negative reception and the trailer's positive reception caused WB to panic and try to steer the film to be more like the trailer.

Papacheeks

Banned
There are no cyborg fans. Should have just went with Martian Manhunter and call it a day.

I actually think character wise in the comics J'onn J'onzz has better story arc's. But I could be wrong as I haven't read justice league comic in forever.

I just think he was a great character in Kingdom come, and in Justice league animated series.

I never really cared for cyborg.

aliengmr

Yeah I really don't get it either.

How exactly is Ant-Man similar to Winter Soldier? How exactly is Winter Soldier similar to Guardians?

Reliable entertainment.

I don't get to go see a ton of movies in the theater so I have to choose wisely. MCU stuff reliably entertains both my wife and I.

Why that is specifically? I can't say.

Even in the hayday of the Teen Titans cartoon, I distintly remember that Cyborg would always poll lowest in "Favorite Teen Titan" polls. Even lower than BEAST BOY ffs.

I hate that little shit.

Papacheeks

Banned
Babes, you're telling me there is a rich man's salt? You seem to be a salt expert, sunshine.

Nope. I aint no DC fan, in fact I'm not big on Superheroes either.

Fun fact: I liked IM3 - http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1050591. I also liked Ultron, come at me bros.

Yet you made a thread and quoted people from this thread that made it sound salty.

EatChildren was way off base, but everyone is entitled to his/her opinion. The consensus sounded like you don't like that Marvel films are not talked as harshly on gaf. Yet fail to see that critically and viewer wise their films are likes/received well so wouldn't that have a overall effect on the negativity there could be? If the next couple marvel films came out got scolded by reviewers and also somewhat hated by viewers you can bet your ass there will be tons of threads on how shitty they are compared to whatever is out.

wachie

Hey, I'm not the one who made a thread that got locked after 2 pages and ended with a mod calling me out on my fanboy bullshit :)
The mod was horribly misinformed by the furious PMs from the bunch I guess. I've reached out to him, dont worry beautiful.

Yet you made a thread and quoted people from this thread that made it sound salty.

EatChildren was way off base, but everyone is entitled to his/her opinion. The consensus sounded like you don't like that Marvel films are not talked as harshly on gaf. Yet fail to see that critically and viewer wise their films are likes/received well so wouldn't that have a overall effect on the negativity there could be? If the next couple marvel films came out got scolded by reviewers and also somewhat hated by viewers you can bet your ass there will be tons of threads on how shitty they are compared to whatever is out.
I made the thread because I didnt want to derail this thread further like most here. Shoot me a PM and we can discuss.

dorikyasu

So, when are we going to start seeing TV CM for SS focusing mainly on Batman?
"We have Batman in this movie! Please go see it! please...."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom