• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Suicide Squad Review Thread: As Fresh As Green Lantern!

Status
Not open for further replies.
well there you go

ZEHXtEd.jpg

happy now?
D6l8fu1.gif

I didn't mean to say WW would be bad because Patty likes SS. Im not seeing it until tomorrow so I cant even hold my own opinion on it.

I'm just surprised she wanted to wade into this thing, but I guess if she truly liked it I appreciate her honesty?

dabig2

Add them together and it's still not enough to be considered "fresh".

By the end, I don't even think adding them together will get you to Man of Steel's 55%. Still have like 150-200 reviews to go for Suicide Squad, but the trajectory ain't looking good right now.

Fantastic Four was terrible!!!=O And I love comic book movies!

It was a mess lol. I can't say I liked fant4stic 4 but the ones before its reboot was watchable.

yayy! I loved Deadpool, I thought it was so much fun and Ryan Reynolds as Deadpool is the best casting of anyone as anyone since ever!

not every joke was gold but ryan reynolds elevated the material and often could make me laugh without really even saying anything :D

Ryan was born to be deadpool :> and I love that he's super passionate about the role, too.

Schlorgan

Nnnnnnoooooooooo!!!!

I need WW to be good, damnit! You can't fuck that one up.

Both Superman and Batman have had good movies. Wonder Woman deserves at least one.

Well, if that one gets panned too, at least they can pull the sexism card.
:3

I rewatched the initial teaser trailer for this film, and damn, this movie was finished shooting way early, like July 2015. How many months of post-production did this get?

Same with BvS, didn't we get a teaser trailer that had shots of the final Supes/Bats fight in 2014?

Schlorgan

I rewatched the initial teaser trailer for this film, and damn, this movie was finished shooting way early, like July 2015. How many months of post-production did this get?

Same with BvS, didn't we get a teaser trailer that had shots of the final Supes/Bats fight in 2014?

I think Warcraft finished shooting over a year before its date too. Not sure what the deal is.

pestul

Aquaman, Flash and Cyborg directors will weigh in any minute now if they know what's good for them. I think we might get maybe one of those pictures now..

Whats more funny are the tweets to her *People just hate DC Films, its what the cool kids do. So last year"

I don't even know whos joking and whos serious cause some DC fans are for real.

They're about as real as folks calling others stupid for looking forward to Wonder Woman.

Aquaman, Flash and Cyborg directors will weigh in any minute now if they know what's good for them. I think we might get maybe one of those pictures now..

Ha, good one!

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
So, since BvS made them question themselves and changed some shit up for future films, will they do the same with Suicide Squad?

Strax

So SS is a fun ride and maybe the best looking movie I've seen in a while. The start was kinda paced strangly but overall it was a lot fun.

7 out of 10

tomtom94

I think Warcraft finished shooting over a year before its date too. Not sure what the deal is.

All of these movies should have spent longer in pre-production, not post.

I think Warcraft spent years in pre-production as well, and if you count WB's efforts to get Dark Knight Returns off the ground for years, technically so did BvS...

Shpeshal Nick

aka Collingwood
In all honesty the trailers never made the movie look great and the clip on Jimmy Fallon the another night when Margot was on looked fucking TERRIBLE.

Shit, I knew the trailer guy was trying to save the movie with the bohemian rhapsody and balroom blitz ones. :(

So it was probably and edgy movie, that WB try to edit to a fun deadpool(GotG type movie, and created a mishmash mess in the process.

I didnt want to see the first version either (DC needs to get their head out of their ass with the serious edgy shit), but holy shit, not like this.

This wasnt giving me good vibes as soon as tattooed Jared joker appeared. Then the good trailers and Harley (didnt like her design either, but the actress face and manners were always on point) gave me hope, never again :(

"Ha ha ha! What a story, Dent!"

Holy shit lol

Something

Banned
RT scores arent the be-all, end-all of movies for me. They're typically a good indicator of weither or not Ill enjoy somethuig, but Ive liked films on the low end, and hated films on the high end.

Im going in with low, low, expectations and hopefully Ill have a decent time.

...but I had the same attitude with BvS and hated it. Soooooo...

J_Viper

So I'm kinda thinking about box office hold here

It's easy to think that SS will follow the same drop as BvS due to poor reviews, but what else is out in the near future for people to watch instead?

I'm not saying that WB should be rewarded for their incompetence, but maybe this might end up with a decent BO take?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom