• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Suicide Squad Review Thread: As Fresh As Green Lantern!

Status
Not open for further replies.

jmood88

Looking at Gadot's filmography and I find out she was in Triple 9. Never seen the film but it has a solid cast. Dud at the BO.

Chiwetel Ejiofor
Casey Affleck
Kate Winslet
Woody Harrelson
Anthony Mackie
Aaron Paul
Norman Reedus

It was apparently really bad.

I expect Wonder Woman reception to be slightly higher than Man of Steel, tbh.

I liked the JL tasker more, but WE looked alright. Everything seems pretty positive with her, correct? No oddball Ghostbusters stuff? I mean, why would there be? She wasn't wonder man lol..

Nothing. She's the sidechick in everything. This will be her first starring role coming up.

Gonna be a lot to prove. She has the most iconic woman hero on her back
Oh. Well, shit. That almost guarantees she's going to be roasted..

DeathoftheEndless

Crashing this plane... with no survivors!
Looking at Gadot's filmography and I find out she was in Triple 9. Never seen the film but it has a solid cast. Dud at the BO.

It was disappointing. There are some cool action sequences, but the actors don't have much to work with. The script is too dry.

Eh, i dont care anymore. Its just a movie, some are good, some are bad. People get too attatched to the brands (marvel, dc) Ill catch this on vod. I think im burnt out on super heroes anyway.

(Yes I know, says this with an mcu spiderman avatar, I liked him in civil war)

3N16MA

Banned
Eh, i dont care anymore. Its just a movie, some are good, some are bad. People get too attatched to the brands (marvel, dc) Ill catch this on vod. I think im burnt out on super heroes anyway.

(Yes I know, says this with an mcu spiderman avatar, I liked him in civil war)

Still checking it out this weekend. I have been anticipating it for awhile.

I grew up with both Marvel and DC. Marvel has their cinematic universe on track and I would like to see the same for DC.

Anth0ny

If BvS taught me anything, it's that Gal is at her best when she's silent or kicking ass

Hopefully they can pull that off with the solo WW film. Hide her weaknesses, push her strengths.

3N16MA

Banned
If BvS taught me anything, it's that Gal is at her best when she's silent or kicking ass

Hopefully they can pull that off with the solo WW film. Hide her weaknesses, push her strengths.

Pine was featured in that trailer almost as much as Gadot.

Isn't Wonder Woman the first DC movie Geoff Johns is heavily involved with?

Have faith brehs.

Trailer looked quite cool!

(The DC cycle recommences.)

On a side note, what do people make of the reports that WB were heavily involved in the editting and reshooting of this movie? Seems Faraci was on to something when he said test screens were disappointed the movie wasn't like the initial trailer.

duckroll

Your BvS viewing probably taught you that Gal Gadot's performance meant something. That her imposing silence had presence for a reason. My BvS viewings taught me something else. THE WONDER WOMAN THEME ROCKS FOR NO REASON AT ALL! THE ONLY WAY TO GET IT OUT OF YOUR HEAD IS TO FORCE IT TO!

Still checking it out this weekend. I have been anticipating it for awhile.

I grew up with both Marvel and DC. Marvel has their cinematic universe on track and I would like to see the same for DC.

I think dc had a good idea with the dark knight trilogy. Focusing on one hero and making 3 ( mostly solid ) flicks around him. Would have liked to see that with superman and wonder woman rather than being so intent on connecting the films. I know its not a popular opinion, but I liked man of steel. I wouls have rather had a sequel to that than the superfriensa adventures we got.

Just got back. In short: I liked some moments, but the script was a mess that needed several rewrites and a proper tone, along with the fact that the editing I'd an even bigger mess... It has moments that showe its potential, but after that you're constantly reminded in how much of a rush they were to get this movie done...

I had so much hopes for this to be good, but I'm not even sure what kind of hell this production must have been...

kmfdmpig

Chiwetel Ejiofor
Casey Affleck
Kate Winslet
Woody Harrelson
Anthony Mackie
Aaron Paul
Norman Reedus

It's a terrible movie. I remember thinking that it would be worth a watch based on the cast, but I was wrong. Avoid it.

Your BvS viewing probably taught you that Gal Gadot's performance meant something. That her imposing silence had presence for a reason. My BvS viewings taught me something else. THE WONDER WOMAN THEME ROCKS FOR NO REASON AT ALL! THE ONLY WAY TO GET IT OUT OF YOUR HEAD IS TO FORCE IT TO!

I've really warmed up to it when they dropped it at the end of the trailer. It's kinda cool. Very different

DC's strengths lie in its villains, imagine if they tried to set up a universe where the heroes only make cameos and its the villains who get the spotlight? At least for the first few movies until they feel confident enough for characters like Batman, Superman, etc to get the spotlight again. It would have been awesome if DC set up some sort of anti-Avengers film universe leading up to Suicide Squad, starting with Harley or Joker or someone, featuring brief cameos of, say, Batman, Wonder Woman, etc, and then eventually breaking off into making movies about the iconic heroes.

Would've been a unique way of setting themselves apart from Marvel while also giving them an excuse to slowly build up a world that features familiar heroes. Oh well!

I trust my gut for the most part. Only recent CBM that I was wrong about was Deadpool (thought the trailers looked dumb, was pleasantly surprised by the movie). I liked Man of Steel well enough, but wasn't feeling the trailers for BvS or SS at all. BvS ended up being a dumpster fire and what I liked about it least seem to be problems for SS as well (botched editing, bad script, tonally jarring).

But I've actually got a good feeling about Wonder Woman. I think it's going to be decent. Like, Thor 2 decent. Not great, but an enjoyable, if forgettable, night at the movies.

Blockbusters somehow managed to be more disappointing this year than last year. Damn. At least 2015 had Mad Max.

Mad Max's GOATness alone makes up for 2015. 2017 will have Dunkirk and Apes (and rian johnson star wars).

Maybe one or two of the dc and marvel flicks end up being decent too. likely guardians 2. no hope for thor.

I actually liked AoU and JW, didn't see Spectre, but TFA was great too so 2015 was still an excellent year for me. 2016 has been a huge dud for blockbusters though

2017 is indeed looking pretty hopeful

John Wick 2
Lego Batman
The Dark Tower
Kong: Skull Island
Beauty and the Beast
Guardians of the Galaxy Vol 2
Fast 8
Wonder Woman
The Mummy
Spider-Man: Homecoming
Dunkirk
War for the Planet of the Apes
Alien: Covenant
Bladerunner 2
Thor: Ragnarok
Justice League
Star Wars Episode VIII

So even if WW and/or JL disappoint there should be at least a couple of those that turn out well

People pinning their hopes on a movie with Gadot's acting as the centerpiece.

Baby-Laughing-Hard-and-Falls-Over.gif

Schlorgan

This year has literally just been Zootopia, Civil War and Star Trek for me.

I expect WW to be higher on RT (maybe mid-50's) but i don't know that it'll be Fresh.

If RT is still around, that is. XP

2017 is indeed looking pretty hopeful

John Wick 2
Lego Batman
Kong: Skull Island (Maybe)
Beauty and the Beast
Guardians of the Galaxy Vol 2
Wonder Woman (Maybe)
Spider-Man: Homecoming
Dunkirk
Alien: Covenant (Maybe)
Blade Runner 2
Thor: Ragnarok
Justice League (Maybe)
Star Wars Episode VIII
What I plan to see.

So excited for Beauty and the Beast.

pestul

But I've actually got a good feeling about Wonder Woman. I think it's going to be decent. Like, Thor 2 decent. Not great, but an enjoyable, if forgettable, night at the movies.
What have you done? lol

So it will review well initially and then later be considered the crowning turd of the DCCU.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom