• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Suicide Squad Review Thread: As Fresh As Green Lantern!

Status
Not open for further replies.

guek

Banned
😮 😮 😮

giphy.gif

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Really curious if all these people who talk about Wonder Woman with the premise that she will be successfull because she is the most iconic female superhero realize that nobody outside of the US knows her.

Yeah, Dr.Strange ain't tanking, it's Feige's baby. He'd never let it happen.

Swear I saw some shit about Feige crying tears of joy when the SDCC trailer played. You don't do that when the film in question is shit.
Doctor Strange is Feige's favorite character, and the cast and crew assembled for that film shows it is the favored child. I don't think Feige would let it out unless it was going to deliver.

Dai101

Banned
Cumberbatch alone is a given it will sell, don't be crazy.
People were telling the same about Ant Man. It didn't sell as well as better known characters movies, but it wasn't a flop.

Fucking Ant-man. When he appeared in Civil War he got one of the biggest reaction in the 3 showings i went. He went from who? to HIM!!

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Really curious if all these people who talk about Wonder Woman with the premise that she will be successfull because she is the most iconic female superhero realize that nobody outside of the US knows her.
image.php

Audience knowing characters doesn't have as huge of a bearing on success as people think it does.

the only Marvel films that might flop are Captain Marvel and Inhumans but since Spider-Man Homecoming screwed up the schedule I'm not sure they're coming out anymore

GAMEPROFF

Banned
image.php

Audience knowing characters doesn't have as huge of a bearing on success as people think it does.

And thats matter how when people on Neogaf claim that her success will based on her stand as a feministic icon and that everyone in the whole world knows her?

And no, I dont want to give anyone a opporturnity to turn this into some stupid argument against me - I want her to have success, I am excited as fuck to see her movie, I just think AmericaGAF thinks once again that their point of view matches the one of the whole world.

Lol Wonder Woman is well known everywhere.

Where you from?

aBarreras

Cumberbatch alone is a given it will sell, don't be crazy.
People were telling the same about Ant Man. It didn't sell as well as better known characters movies, but it wasn't a flop.

saying "it wasn't a flop" is understating how well Ant-man did, i mean its fucking ANT MAN and it earned more than 500 millions

guek

Banned
Ant-Man and Wasp will see a big bump over the first Ant-Man because of the strong reaction to him in Civil War.

I still really wish it was called Wasp and the Ant-Man

It's supposedly as much Hope's movie as it is Scott's so why not give her top billing?

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
And thats matter how when people on Neogaf claim that her success will based on her stand as a feministic icon?
I'm not sure what you're saying?

At any rate regardless, proper marketing, good reviews and word of mouth goes a long way.

Yay, new thread title! Been too long since it changed.
So, how much do we think the RT score will fluctuate in the next two days? We have about half the number of reviews that BvS ended with. I forget how low that was at this point.

Wonder Woman is pretty much the only female superhero people know in my country. We had her entire '75 TV series playing here during the nineties! We had local songs about her! One of them mentions her along with MacGyver and Kamen Rider Black in the same verse!

Anth0ny

I firmly believe Doctor Strange will be Marvel's first tank. In reception and sales. Unfortunately though people won't overreact like they are with the DCU

I don't think it will flop, but consider what we're talking about here. dr strange is like a d tier marvel superhero. marvel still has iron man, avengers, captain america and spider-man to pick up the slack.

meanwhile DC is flopping with superman, batman/superman/wonder woman and now joker+harley and friends... what the fuck does that mean for aquaman and cyborg, DC's d tier superheroes?

duckroll

Wonder Woman is like Captain America in the sense that most people might not read the comics or know the details, but they know she exists.

3N16MA

Banned
Yeah, Dr.Strange ain't tanking, it's Feige's baby. He'd never let it happen.

Swear I saw some shit about Feige crying tears of joy when the SDCC trailer played. You don't do that when the film in question is shit.

Some people thought Ant-Man would tank and it did solid business at the BO along with good reviews.

It out grossed BvS in China.

I don't think it will flop, but consider what we're talking about here. dr strange is like a d tier marvel superhero. marvel still has iron man, avengers, captain america and spider-man to pick up the slack.

meanwhile DC is flopping with superman

are they? man of steel did well, BvS didn't hit a billion but came close to 900. Justice League will probably do a billion.

I think their expectations are too high considering the tone Snyder has brought to the films and the reviews they've been getting. these movies are doing pretty well at the box office though.

meanwhile DC is flopping with superman, batman/superman/wonder woman and now joker+harley and friends... what the fuck does that mean for aquaman and cyborg, DC's d tier superheroes?
I fully expect the Cyborg movie to go 90+%. It's like a wrap-around effect, the worst case for Cyborg is so below 0% that it comes back to a great score.

Apathy

wait why do people think strange is going to tank? That movie looks amazing. Hell i'llw atch it twice, once normally and one high as fuck.

guek

Banned
are they? man of steel did well, BvS didn't hit a billion but came close to 900. Justice League will probably do a billion.

I think their expectations are too high considering the tone Snyder has brought to the films and the reviews they've been getting. these movies are doing pretty well at the box office though.

WB accounting is the real villain in this case

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom