• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer Anime 2016 |OT| Makes Me Happy When Skies Are Grey

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cheer Boys 03
Not really feeling it, but will watch at least one more next week.

Battery 02
MC is so angsty, Being arrogant can be good for sports but thats just being a jerk. Well to be fair he is like 12 although the looks make me forget that all the time. Hopefully he'll learn some life lessons on the way, maybe the lil bro could own him in the future, would pay to see that.

I know I said I was going to get around to watching Battery, but I still haven't. Has it been good so far?

It's been pretty slow for the 2 episodes so far but I think it has potential to be pretty good, it's definitely a little different sports anime than the usual fare but it's giving good vibes so far even though not much has happened.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Battery The Animation Episode 2:

Okay, is there going to be any baseball in this baseball series or is just going to be all shitty character drama that doesn't go anywhere? Indeed, I am rapidly losing my patience with this title when I could go back and finish Ace of the Diamond.

Okay, is there going to be any baseball in this baseball series or is just going to be all shitty character drama that doesn't go anywhere? Indeed, I am rapidly losing my patience with this title when I could go back and finish Ace of the Diamond.

From what I have heard of the novels, if you are hoping to see baseball games you will be disappointed.

Battery - 02

The protagonist in this is getting on my nerves, seriously. Tons of red flags everywhere too.
The brother, the MCs arm... Also what was up with him needing an IV at the very end? Could he be sickly too?

dickroach

I just started Twin Star Exorcists (ep1+2). Apparently "typical shonen" stuff, but I don't think I've ever seen any shonen stuff other than dbzt. Good animation, likable characters, interesting enough world/plot. I dig it.

Quasar

Hopefully not otherwise I'd be dropping it quicksmart.

Cornbread78

I just started Twin Star Exorcists (ep1+2). Apparently "typical shonen" stuff, but I don't think I've ever seen any shonen stuff other than dbzt. Good animation, likable characters, interesting enough world/plot. I dig it.

I've been enjoying it quite a bit and looking forward to all 50 episodes.

Cowboy Bebop ep.4
bebop-ep3-4-pic3.jpg
I don't like this lady at all, so that ending was very satisfying to me, lol.
She is going to cobe back later as a monkey terrorist, isn't she
The rest of the episode was pretty good, especially because Fei is back and it looks like she is going to stick around...

Clov

It's been pretty slow for the 2 episodes so far but I think it has potential to be pretty good, it's definitely a little different sports anime than the usual fare but it's giving good vibes so far even though not much has happened.

I'm perfectly fine with slow paced drama. I'll still give it a shot.

From what I have heard of the novels, if you are hoping to see baseball games you will be disappointed.

This makes the show much more appealing to me, since I don't like baseball.
Or any sport, for that matter.

sonicmj1

I think "Speak Like a Child" (the one with the old video tape) is my personal favorite, but there are a lot of really strong episodes.

Aki-at

Kuromokuro - 4

Kennosuke sure has some city miles on him, he looks and sounds late 20s than 18!

A more laid back episode and I continue to each Kennosuke's fish out of water routine with the present day advancements (As well as his obession over curry and using Yukina's towel as a linocloth) and helps to build up the chemistry between the two leads. A neat plot point at the end that keeps the plot moving forward.

One thing about the show is it actually feels like it's a sequel/continuation of a previous series as they just expect the audience to know about the space base above the planet (Or rather how humanity already knows of it's existence) amongst other things about the mechas themselves.

Cornbread78

Cowboy Bebop ep.5
Wow, the ending of that episode was excellent, I loved the action and musical presentation of everything... Not sure how I feel about this Vicious dude right now, but at least they finally gave a peek into Spike's past, which was good to see. Got more Fei as well, but she's a fool that sings off tune, so....

Cowboy Bebop ep.5

Wow, the ending of that episode was excellent, I loved the action and musical presentation of everything... Not sure how I feel about this Vicious dude right now, but at least they finally gave a peek into Spike's past, which was good to see. Got more Fei as well, but she's a fool that sings off tune, so....

the green bird scene is one of my favorites, the flashbacks snippets are fantastic to piece together Spike's backstory

Cornbread78

the green bird scene is one of my favorites, the flashbacks snippets are fantastic to piece together Spike's backstory

Loved the way they did that. Kind of like
watching his life flash before his eyes" kind of thing
but very well executed.

After FMA, it's tough getting used to the "semi-episodic" nature of each episode.

Line_HTX

Funimation ‏@FUNimation 8m8 minutes ago

Check it! #ErgoProxy comes to Blu-Ray in FULL for the first time in North America. #funimationpanel #SDCC2016 #SDCC

Wow, whoever was that person with the Vincent avatar that asked about it last season, I have egg on my face. I was proven wrong. I said it would never come because it's been a decade since the full release on DVD.

I might actually buy this one now.

Clov

Seems like Funimation is picking up more live action stuff every now and then. Neat that they have the new Godzilla, I wouldn't mind seeing that. Looks like it could be fun!

ReLIFE 11

I recall at the beginning of the season, firehawk asked if ReLIFE's scenario had anything to say about the state of adulthood in modern Japan. With this episode, I can affirm that it definitely does. Not that it poses any answers to Japan's social ills per se, but through Kaizaki's story it confronts head on the toxic work culture that is epidemic among Japanese companies, bringing up the term "black companies" which I have not heard until now. Regressing a person's outward appearance and sending him back to high school is a form of escapism from the cruelty of the Japanese workforce, but this series is still acutely aware of the rough nature of reality, even dampening the pleasant nature of the escapism by having Kaizaki struggle to pass high school courses and fail miserably in P.E. by being physically out of shape. That makes its ultimate optimism feel more genuine.

Aki-at

Funimation is also going to be releasing the new Godzilla movie.

Great to hear even if I'm not American, quite excited to see this and hopefully the UK release date is announced soon.

Now they need to try getting the rights to the Shinchan vs Godzilla episode :p

Seems like Funimation is picking up more live action stuff every now and then. Neat that they have the new Godzilla, I wouldn't mind seeing that. Looks like it could be fun!

Yeah, I'm somewhat interested in seeing Anno's Godzilla as well. (More interested than seeing any more Eva from him, that's for sure.) I'm still holding out for Funimation to announce theatrical rights for Garo Divine Flame, though.

Clov

Yeah, I'm somewhat interested in seeing Anno's Godzilla as well. (More interested than seeing any more Eva from him, that's for sure.) I'm still holding out for Funimation to announce theatrical rights for Garo Divine Flame, though.

You and me both!

I'm interested in his other live action work as well, since I haven't seen any of it. I've heard very mixed things about Ritual, so I'm a bit wary about diving into it. Has anyone here ever seen it, or any of his other live action films?

Cornbread78

Battery ep.2
There are so many assholes in this show, I fon't know where to start. Nakamura and the little bro are the only characters I like at this moment...

So, tell me this,
did he just fuck up his arm and now will be a show about him teaching his little brother how to play baseball?

Just T

Cowboy Bebop ep.5

That was the first episode of Cowboy Bebop I watched, someone told me to start there then go back to episode one.....not sure why lol.

Diamond is Unbreakable 14

14 episodes in, and I'm still having my mind blown by some of the direction techniques on display here. The door transition was amazing, and the manga-esque techniques used to visualize Rohan were superb.

I guess Heaven's Door is how Araki gets the material to write Jojo, huh?

Cornbread78

Kono Bijutsubu ep.3
The indirect kiss skit was pretty funny, but Colette is super freakin' annoying and her voice grates me, plus the other parts just weren't funny... uuggh

Just T

Alderamin on the Sky: 2

Enjoyed this episode much more than the first. Ikta can let his temper get the better of him in some conversations but luckily Yatori is there to put him in check for the most part otherwise things can get worse for him quickly. With the way Chamille was going on about his life like that though not surprised he snapped. Let's see how things go from here.

Diamond is Unbreakable 14

14 episodes in, and I'm still having my mind blown by some of the direction techniques on display here. The door transition was amazing, and the manga-esque techniques used to visualize Rohan were superb.

I guess Heaven's Door is how Araki gets the material to write Jojo, huh?

If you thought 14 was well storyboarded/directed then 15 will blow you away

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom