• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer Anime 2016 |OT| Makes Me Happy When Skies Are Grey

Status
Not open for further replies.

Szadek

Berserk - Ep. 13
I can tell if Guts is really OP or if the solider he is fight are compeltly worthless.
In any case he and Casca are in serious problem. I wonder how they are getting out of this situation.

Shirobako Special- Ep. 1 (AKA Exodus! episode 1)
I probably should have watched his right after the anime was done with Exodus.
The show is as weird as it looked like from the few scene we got to see in the main series.
I wasn't ready for fan service ,though.

Cornbread78

Then I stop at Ep 14 and drop the show so, I don't have to suffer right?

It's not about suffering; it's about the extremely amazing experience. It's right around that episode (of course I'm not going to be specific here, lol) that I had to keep watching and watching and couldn't stop until the very end..... It was certainly the best way for me to handle/experience what Clannad was all about. Others say there is a small break point in there around ep 19/20.

Well, everyone did get a kick out of a certain post I made during one of the episodes when I didn't know was coming and what was going on......dammit... I'm going to shut up now... Enjoy buddy.

LOL

Russ T

Banned
No? I still need to get back to Escaflowne but from what I've watched it was fantastic with glorious fantasy mecha.

It's widely loved, but I think it's really boring. ):

That said, I've been wanting to give it another shot lately. I could never make it past the fourth episode. Maybe it gets better.

Cornbread78

I'm holding off on this until the redub comes out. I want to see this too because I heard it was a good classic. I only saw the movie though I don't remember much of it, lol

Savagery.

It's widely loved, but I think it's really boring. ):

That said, I've been wanting to give it another shot lately. I could never make it past the fourth episode. Maybe it gets better.

Is it being streamed anywhere right now?

Szadek

Once I'm done with Berserk the next classic series I'm planning to watch are Monster and then Cowboy Bebop.
I'm not running out of anime to watch anytime soon.

Line_HTX

Escaflowne is not on any legal streaming site as of now. You either buy it (which is not possible as the current dvd is out of stock for a while). You can wait for the blu-ray version which should come out later this year.

Did they say when the release date is for Escaflowne?

Cornbread78

Escaflowne is not on any legal streaming site as of now. You either buy it (which is not possible as the current dvd is out of stock for a while). You can wait for the blu-ray version which should come out later this year.

That's unfortunate..

Once I'm done with Berserk the next classic series I'm planning to watch are Monster and then Cowboy Bebop.
I'm not running out of anime to watch anytime soon.

Watching me some Bebop right now actually. The jazzy music throws you for a trip because it's so 80/90's 007/Mission impossible(ish), but it done in a pretty cool way.

Have you watched Elfen Lied yet?

Some I haven't seen yet, but have been on my "watch" list forever.
Higurashi
Psycho Pass
Death Note
Monster

Maybe a Monster Let's Watch would be fun, lol.
Yeah, I saw Elfen Lied a goooood while back. I've also seen the first season of Psycho Pass, but not the other three you listed. And I'd definitely be down for a Monster watch.

Ouran High School Club - 23

qwwNufW.jpg
0r6rWtv.jpg
BgvxnzW.jpg
aX9fnEj.jpg

FW5GJnh.jpg
OBhaN3W.jpg
iFVga3J.jpg
tjQ1Mfg.jpg

6WrQnrA.jpg
EDoLK5B.jpg
YrW1t4N.jpg
p8RSdt9.jpg

ervAcXC.jpg
oh5sOz4.jpg
UGwT2bE.jpg
wMsiv2T.jpg

PjrHkLe.jpg
mikOeTf.jpg
c8GlvHW.jpg
7pO1TIj.jpg

YVTJlfl.jpg
aXN1qkA.jpg

This anime has proven to be a master of reaction faces already but this episode was something else.

Also, Tamaki's weird father delusions and all these DTLs were hilarious.

Aki-at

Monster is not crazy level shiny. It's a smart thriller with a manipulative antagonist and focuses more on psychological terror I guess?

If you liked Mirai Nikki you might like Shiki that really hits it up and notch in the last 10 episodes.

gargles

Danganronpa 3: Despair - 2

77th Class playing Smash! Nagito being Nagito! Chiaki goodness (with a touch of Hajime)! Lewd Mikan!

No, I have no words to describe what I've seen. It will pain me to watch that adorable class falling into despair. They don't deserve that.
And Despair's Kyosuke seems to be more "tolerable". And it somewhat makes sense he, Chisa and Tengan suspect
the Hope Cultivation Program

Even though they're not this season's best shows (although they're good), these are the ones I look forward the most every week. And we're still in the beginning.

And everything's falling apart next week.

Szadek

Have you watched Elfen Lied yet?

Some I haven't seen yet, but have been on my "watch" list forever.
Higurashi
Psycho Pass
Death Note
Monster

Maybe a Monster Let's Watch would be fun, lol.
I would probably join for Monster, since it's on top of my list anyway.

Incidentally Higurashi would be pretty good for a Let's watch since it's a mytery show (a rather unusual one) and it handles that aspect really well.
Discussing theories and such could be fun.

blurr

Mob Psycho 100 02

ahahahaha that punch line hit the spot, did NOT expect that

Visually very engaging from start to finish, no scene was under delivered. While not always as funny/interesting, it doesn't take long to notice the creative flair in even the most insignificant scenes.

As expected the story focuses on Mob hitting puberty, he now questions on whether he truly is living life to the fullest. Only way to make sure that's the case is by identifying and working towards a wish/dream/wants - in the episode he takes his first step in achieving that.

The ED is amazing.

Cornbread78

I would probably join for Monster, since it's on top of my list anyway.

Incidentally Higurashi would be pretty good for a Let's watch since it's a mytery show (a rather unusual one) and it handles that aspect really well.
Discussing theories and such could be fun.

Is Higurashi still on Crunchy? What about Monster?

Regalia: The Three Sacred Stars - 3

It's gonna be real hilarious if this show finds its way into a Super Robot Wars game.

I'm imagining Amuro Ray, Ryouma Nagare, Kouji Kabuto, and Simon all standing in the same room with these characters and I'm laughing at how out-of-place they'd seem.

From the latter three quarters of this episode you'd never guess that this was a mecha anime.

Also, I can't stand how Rena (oh crap I'm remembering their names, ugh) monotones her attack names. A little super robot spirit would be nice! Or is this show trying to be yet another Eva clone with all that freaky imagery going on in the beginning of this episode?

Sigh. Whatever the case the 2D mecha animation is still amazing and continues to be the reason why I watch this show every week despite literally everything else in the show.

It's gonna be real hilarious if this show finds its way into a Super Robot Wars game.

I'm imagining Amuro Ray, Ryouma Nagare, Kouji Kabuto, and Simon all standing in the same room with these characters and I'm laughing at how out-of-place they'd seem.

From the latter three quarters of this episode you'd never guess that this was a mecha anime.

Also, I can't stand how Rena (oh crap I'm remembering their names, ugh) monotones her attack names. A little super robot spirit would be nice! Or is this show trying to be yet another Eva clone with all that freaky imagery going on in the beginning of this episode?

Sigh. Whatever the case the 2D mecha animation is still amazing and continues to be the reason why I watch this show every week despite literally everything else in the show.
I refuse to believe mecha fans are this desperate for material.

Planetarian 03

This episode is beautiful.

Well this and Kuromukuro maybe will package to join SRW since both are by same production company, same producer and Sotsu have the rights for the goods(including game).
And they even had a shared event at June lol.

The last 2D mecha anime without the word "Gundam" in its title was Captian Earth in 2014. The last actual good 2D mecha anime made was Gundam Build Fighters season 1 in 2013.

Yes, I am very desperate.

Concrete Revolutio has 2D mecha, even if it isn't exclusively focused on them.

At any rate, you have a couple of options. You can either accept CG mecha and so watch things such as Fafner Exodus and Kuromukuro, you can stick to watching the copious numbers of older anime available to satisfy your 2D mecha needs, or you can continue to wring your hands about Regalia not being what you really want.

jman2050

I liked the other one better :p

It only manages to be marginally better the route it adapted because
there's significantly less wasting time with Ryou's bullshit

Other than that, screw it. I'll never forgive Key for wasting Best Girl on that garbage route.

phaze

Blood-C has an out of place ending song?

See, this happens when I scroll through this thread on the mobile. Thought he just mean the show proper cause I'd be damned If i was to remember the title to such forgettable ED.

Ouran High School Club - 23

This anime has proven to be a master of reaction faces already but this episode was something else.

Also, Tamaki's weird father delusions and all these DTLs were hilarious.

Christ on the bike contain yourself.

But yeah magnificent ep that was.

But geee, you went through an entire show in the span of like 5 days. That's gotta be worth a raise in credibility ranking to at least 60%.

Cornbread78

Planetarian ep.3
9pP1LN8.gif

(this is nothing....)

My God was that a beautiful episode. There is such a sad undercurrent in the show and it's hard to dismiss that feeling. However, the work they put in on that presentation was amazing and simply beautiful; just wow.... It's a shame this is only 5 episodes and who knows when we will get the movie out west...

This is probabaly late and been covered by somebody else looking into Re: Zero but I thought it was interesting.

Reinhardt's blessings:

Sword Saint: Swordsmanship maxes out, and become able to draw Raid, the Dragon Sword.
Arrow avoidance: he cannot be hit by projectiles. (this is why sword that Elsa threw went around him on its own)
Arrow guarantee: any projectile he uses is guaranteed to hit the target
Magic resistance: No curses, debuffs, or buffs can affect him
Fire avoidance: 80% reduction from fire damage
Wind absorption: 80% of wind magic is absorbed
Earth resistance: Earth magic have 80% reduced effect on him
Water reflection: 80% water magic is reflected
Darkness immunity: 80% of darkness magic is nullified
Light sharing: 80% light magic is shared to another target
Swiftness: He can move at superhuman speed. This affects mounts as well
Riding mastery: He can ride any animals
Initiative: He cannot be ambushed, and all initial attacks from Reinhardt connects
First attack immunity: The first time an attack is performed at Reinhardt, it always misses.
Preceding attack immunity: The second attack and all following attacks misses him
Rain blessing: He gains power in rain
Sun blessing: He gains power in sunny weather
Night's blessing: He gains power during night
Morning blessing: he gains power during morning
Mind reading: Vague understanding of what's on other people's mind
Item mastery: able to know how to use any item he holds
Unarmed mastery: Very strong even without any weapons
Blessing of War god: able to use any weapons masterfully
Blessing of Lake: Can walk on water
Blessing of Mist: Mist do not hinder his view
Blessing of Cloud: can walk on cloud
Blessing of lightning: Lightning will never strike him
Sodium knowledge: He will never get salt and sugar mixed up
Taste king: No matter how he cook, the food will come out delicious
Blessing of Frying, Steaming, Boiling = complete mastery of all the cooking methods
Clothes designing: Can design fabulous clothes that will surely start a fad
Master Teacher: His students become successful in learning
Training mastery: Can train not only his body, but also other people, to their maximum potential
Poison immunity: Immune to all poison
Illness immunity: Immune to all sickness and disease
Power bleeding: Bleeding actually makes him stronger
Blessing of the Phoenix: Upon death, he is granted a "continue?" once

So how exactly does someone beat him? I haven't seen a character power list so overdone since Medeka Box's.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom