• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer Anime 2016 |OT| Makes Me Happy When Skies Are Grey

Status
Not open for further replies.
Trails in the Sky SC
Chapter 7

No story spoilers, I have a question about the game structure for anyone who has beaten this. I've seen a lot of people in this thread mention it...

So the last two chapters (6,and now 7)have been straight dungeon and combat and boss battles. I'm on the 4th tower now. Please tell me the next few chapters of this game go back to the more laidback gameplay of the first five? I like some sidequest breaks in between my endless battles!

Trails in the Sky SC
Chapter 7

No story spoilers, I have a question about the game structure for anyone who has beaten this. I've seen a lot of people in this thread mention it...

So the last two chapters (6,and now 7)have been straight dungeon and combat and boss battles. I'm on the 4th tower now. Please tell me the next few chapters of this game go back to the more laidback gameplay of the first five? I like some sidequest breaks in between my endless battles!

yes

Jojo is coming to Toonami.

Cn8Ks4eUEAUTZWQ.jpg

Diamond is Unbreakable 15

I believe MetroidPrimeRib called this as likely to be one of the all-time great battle shounen manga adaptations, in the same realm as Yu Yu Hakusho. If this kind of quality keeps up to the end, I have to agree with him. Most of these episodes are amazing not just in highly creative content but also in highly creative presentation.

If you thought 14 was well storyboarded/directed then 15 will blow you away

Well, Soejima always handles the best episodes. Him, then Kato, then the rest of the storyboarders.

Just saw the first episode of Mob Psycho 100.

Man....this show's definitely a looker. I just can't decide if it's in a good or bad way. When crazy shit is happening and it's going all flashy it looks amazing. Almost like the Ping Pong anime, but still with its own flare. But...during the calmer scenes it looks a bit too sloppy and crude, almost like the look is a budget/scope/time issue versus being a stylistic or aesthetic choice.

Regardless, I'm hooked for now and will keep watching.

Russ T

Banned
I started re:zero tonight

I caught up with re:zero tonight

I'm regretting doing do because now I have to wait for more episodes

Damn

Line_HTX

Thunderbolt Fantasy 01

Wow, that sure was something... TM Revolution caught me off guard.

This is the closest I've been to a period drama type show in a long long time.

So far I've heard Archer's and Gilgamesh's voices. I cannot unhear their Fate counterparts, lmao

Ascheroth

Wow, even while zoomed in it's still unreadable.

-__- |||

Really?
I thought it's big enough in full size, but it's probably a major pain on mobile.

In other news, today is... Friday!

Which means Thunderbolt Fantasy, JoJo and Alderamin.
Truly the bestest of days.

Told you. Both mom's in the show are terrible and need help

It's not just the mom. Pretty much everyone in the show isn't doing themselves any favours and they all seem like douchebags except for the little brother who is treated like crap because of his disease, and You who is just an all around nice dude. Everyone else just ticks me off. I'm interested on where the plot is going to go, but these characters, specially Takumi, just aren't doing it for me.

Cornbread78

It's not just the mom. Pretty much everyone in the show isn't doing themselves any favours and they all seem like douchebags except for the little brother who is treated like crap because of his disease, and You who is just an all around nice dude. Everyone else just ticks me off. I'm interested on where the plot is going to go, but these characters, specially Takumi, just aren't doing it for me.

Yeah, that last episode was a circus of assholes.. I'm not sure how much of that I can take before wanting to smash my screen.

Cornbread78

Going up to the mountains with the fam for the next couple days and not sure how much internet connection/cell service I'm going to have, which is terrible, but I'll get some nice clean air for a couple days, lol.

cRxWci7.jpg

I'm going to have too man shows to watch when I get back into town Sun. night....

Cornbread78

Planterian 03
I want to cry and I don't know why.

The show has had such an odd tone to it where you feel the despair in the background and want to be sad for the man and the robot, however, during that last episode, I was so awestruck at the visuals and trying to wrap my brain around the hopeful message for the future that was being displayed and warning about the "dangers" at the same time... Was pretty mind-blowing....

Excellent now I can at least start trying to understand what's going on in Gundam!

Planterian 03

I want to cry and I don't know why.

I love this show, the creeping horror of her ticking clock, her simple joy at fulfilling her job, the sense that there is some understanding there that everything is not alright and that the staff aren't coming back. Only 5 episodes (and a movie) but it seems the perfect pace for this show, I'm not getting out of this one without blubbing like a child am I?

Edit:
The show has had such an odd tone to it where you feel the despair in the background and want to be sad for the man and the robot, however, during that last episode, I was so awestruck at the visuals and trying to wrap my brain around the hopeful message for the future that was being displayed and warning about the "dangers" at the same time... Was pretty mind-blowing....

Yeah there's a real sense that for both of them the pretence of normality was something they were both willing to risk everything to hang onto. For him it was staying up until his supplies ran out doing hard labour fixing a device that has no practical use just so he could sit back and enjoy a taste of a life before robots were things that tried to kill you. For her it was the scene at the end where she decides to break protocol to spend her last hours with the only customer she's had for 30 years
and will ever have again given the power is completely gone now. For a while I thought we might end up with a scenario where she forgets everything from her annual 5 day cycle which would explain the old scavenger's warning in ep 1, presuming that he met her and had his heart broken a year later when she had forgotten him

Mandelbo

This Art Club Has a Problem 03

Yaaaayyy we finally saw Colette! Usami's friends sticking her in the newspaper seems kinda mean though.

Just saw the first episode of Mob Psycho 100.

Man....this show's definitely a looker. I just can't decide if it's in a good or bad way. When crazy shit is happening and it's going all flashy it looks amazing. Almost like the Ping Pong anime, but still with its own flare. But...during the calmer scenes it looks a bit too sloppy and crude, almost like the look is a budget/scope/time issue versus being a stylistic or aesthetic choice.

Regardless, I'm hooked for now and will keep watching.

I can assure you that the look of Mob Psycho 100 is entirely an aesthetic choice. This article is worth reading to get some context for its animation.

John Blade

Well, the conclusion of Youhei arch and might be one of the nicest arch I have watch for a while. So much happen here with so much emotional to the point you got to feel Youhei and Mei. All of this is to get Youhei back to himself which Mei love to see.

The whole scene at the scoccer club where Mei, Nagisa, and Tomoya meet at. You got to see the big tension with the team member there and how much their dislike Youhei . You found out more about this incident when Tomoya talk about it. Kinda sad to see this is the reason they kick him out but make sense based on what you see.

The rig between Tomoya and Youhei is starting to get bigger from one scene in class to the point you think you will see a fight if no one stop them. This tension will reach broiling point later.

Seeing Mei trying her hardness to help her older brother by even begging the team club to let him in is sad to watch. Literally, she and Nagisa, and Tomoya have to become as a ball runner for the club just to please the team member to the point they're literally hitting the ball out to get them to do more work. Worst when one of the ball hit direct to Mei. All of this was nothing when the team club member basically don't want to let Youhei in the club and literally hurting Mei when she cry about this.

From this, you got to see the fight we want to see which is Youhei take down the soccer team member who is hurting his little sister, with the help with Tomoya . This will take us to a very powerful scene where both Tomoya and Youhei fight for this whole incident and where both Nagisa and Mei try to stop them from fighting to the point Mei just stop her brother fighting to confess she is sorry for what happen. Kinda touching scene. You think they hate each other but at the end, they reconciliation and become friend once more.

A very good ending for this arch and in a way help develop more of Youhei who don't have much time to develop as we only know him as a comedic character in the entire show. This side is something which fresh out his development quite a bit which is a good thing.

Also, we got to see the fun ending when he found out his fake girlfriend isn't Nagisa older sister but her mom and seeing his reaction is joke (and also, getting chase by Nagisa dad).

Qurupeke

Macross F [END]
LlTJK9N.png

Best ending.

I found the villain's motive entirely nonsensical.
I don't get what Grace and the Galaxy fleet wanted. To unify everyone in order to rule them using the Vajras? That's pretty dumb and it was actually disappointing after all that build-up. And then, what was the point of saving Sheryl and turning her to a singer? Or manipulating that Leon guy and helping Frontier defeat the Vajras, as Grace just needed Ranka and a few robots to "connect" to the Vajra Queen. It makes a lot of the events feel kind of pointless and I'm wondering if I missed something crucial about her plan.
I still find the final battle and the conclusion to the plot very satisfying, and the show had quite a lot spectacular moments. For CGI robots, I found it quite impressive.

So...
The love triangle didn't conclude? Hahahahaha... Please tell me the movies aren't a retelling but they continue the story because I can't accept that. At least Ozma survived and got the girl. And thankfully they killed off Michael before he could become a pedophile. What the hell did they think with that shipping.

tuffy

Macross F [END]
So...
The love triangle didn't conclude? Hahahahaha... Please tell me the movies aren't a retelling but they continue the story because I can't accept that. At least Ozma survived and got the girl. And thankfully they killed off Michael before he could become a pedophile. What the hell did they think with that shipping.
The movies are not a continuation but do change a lot of plot elements very significant ways - including the conclusion.

John Blade

Not something you expected but we got to see a bit more of Misae character which is odd as she isn't really a main characters in the show. Still, it's nice to look into her past a bit to know a bit more about her.

This entire episode basically talk about when she was in high school where she met a mysterious boy,Katsuki, who he want to thank her for been there when he was in the hospital even though he didn't know what she did to make him to give her a wish. At first Misae didn't like him but after coming by her school she kinda like him a bit to the point she become a friend for him. Also, during this time you found out what she say in the beginning in the episode which she have someone she have a crush with. This didn't help when Katsuki come into the picture. This get bad when Katsuki need to break the news to Misae that her crush have a girlfriend already which make Katsuki sad from it. This get bad at the end when she found out the whole thing which end in a very weird situation.

I guess we will get to see more of Misae past and maybe found out what this Katsuki person to her. I am guessing they is some sort of connection between them and also the cat as you did hear Katsuki have a cat. Guess more emotional scene next episode.

Yeah, if you grew your hair long enough to make five bangs. That looks more difficult to pull off than Tekken's Jin Kazama bangs.

Anime hair is so counterintuitive. I never thought too much about it as a kid, but look at iconic characters like Goku from Dragon Ball. Like jeez.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom