• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer Anime 2016 |OT| Makes Me Happy When Skies Are Grey

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re Life Episode 13

Oga and Rena are too pure for this world.

ARp8GUx.gif

Holy shit I was right about my guess that Hishiro was MC's work senpai and subject number 1.

That ending blueballed the fuck out of me. Don't push her away!

"Go read the manga"

But seriously go do it. If you liked the reveal, within two chapters from where it leaves off (ch108) things get REALLY interesting.

Ow! I wasn't expecting that burn here :D <turns muttering to corner> "It'll be great, it'll still be great, it'll.."

It'll be impossible for people to judge it as something of its own without putting in the factor that they waited so long for it. As much as I read otherwise, there is simply no way it won't be at the back of everyone's mind. 10 years is a long time (nearly 45% of mine, sheesh). It'll be interesting to read impressions on it. Just as it will for AoT. I am sorta glad I didn't read too far ahead, since I barely remember plot points past a certain chapter SPOILERS
Eren being chained in some cave or something... useless blonde girl is a princess too?
I don't quite remember but around there.

TUSR

Banned
REZERO

Episode 13 has made me hate the characters so much I don't want to continue watching this show.

Gvitor

Man I'm really interested in how they are going to adapt this. I remember nothing happening for a VERY long time after where the anime stops.

I'm pretty sure there's still some action stuff after Annie's capture that S1 didn't cover, so they have some decent material to mix up with the bunch of nothingness. S1 already changed the order of a couple of things, so I'd imagine it'll be the same with S2.

The whole throne room scene had its good share of dumb characters.

There were a few people such as myself that thought the same thing. That episode just made all the hype I had for the show take a really deep dive. I would hope this is just part of an obstacle for Subaru's redemption, but they better not have him reset and his spawn be before this point in the story, because that would be the shittiest cop out ever. I really wanna see him come to terms that he fucked up royally, and that he isn't some kind of omnipotent character that can do whatever he wants without repercussion. Sure you have been through things, but you have to realize you did it out of your own volition without anyone asking you for help. Enough with the poor puppy attitude, that shit is just getting old and annoying.

I'm pretty sure there's still some action stuff after Annie's capture that S1 didn't cover, so they have some decent material to mix up with the bunch of nothingness. S1 already changed the order of a couple of things, so I'd imagine it'll be the same with S2.

I would hope so. I liked AoT for the action scenes, not really the political aspect of it. The manga began to delve too much into that part of that world and lost me after a while.

TUSR

Banned
There were a few people such as myself that thought the same thing. That episode just made all the hype I had for the show take a really deep dive. I would hope this is just part of an obstacle for Subaru's redemption, but they better not have him reset and his spawn be before this point in the story, because that would be the shittiest cop out ever. I really wanna see him come to terms that he fucked up royally, and that he isn't some kind of omnipotent character that can do whatever he wants without repercussion. Sure you have been through things, but you have to realize you did it out of your own volition without anyone asking you for help. Enough with the poor puppy attitude, that shit is just getting old and annoying.

When he was talking to Emilia on the bed towards the end of the episode, I was hoping he would kill himself.

phaze

The whole throne room scene had its good share of dumb characters.

90% of them are new arrivals. And to boot, they hardly did anything worth dropping the show over.

---

You people should know that you always should be on #TeamHaughtyOjouPrincess(WhoseNameICan'tQuiteRecallRightNow)

Not really, I wanted Subaru to undo the mess he made with his outbursts.

That's the easy way out. If he does that he is just a shit character that can't even live with the mistakes he makes. It would all be fake, it would be as if nothing ever happened.

But the audience would know.

We would and he would too that's for sure. But that would make his character irredeemable in my eyes. Next thing you know he starts committing all kinds crimes and resetting those too, because why not. People won't remember anyway lol.

He already fucked up by not going to ye Olde lottery, figuring out which number wins, and then killing himself then winning.

Who needs waifus when you got money money money

Gvitor

Can I just say that I love the little pair-switching dance in reLIFE's opening?
I wish there was more of it.

I thought it would be on Fall or Winter, I was wrong.

At his pace they will have... uh...
57 chapters to adapt. For reference, in Season 1 they adapted 33.

Maybe they will cut before reaching the manga, maybe they will have better pace this time.

Might as well do an s3 two years after that, they probably still have tones of money sitting around to do that, drag it out as much as possible to keep Wit Studio rolling to fund a Owari no Serafu movie please.

I took Subaru's actions in Ep. 13 as just more of his slowly unwinding psyche lashing out. He's been on relatively short death timers with resets for the prior 12 episodes and that has wound up with him feeling that he has to be everywhere and in control of every situation or it will turn out 'wrong'. You can't have spent months of your life scheming and plotting to control those around you without some of that leaving a mark, he simply no longer respects anyone else's agency or desires any more.

I took his every move as those of someone who subconsciously knows he can reset things, his pledges to other candidates to get into the room, his impetuous declaration that he was a knight and most especially his choice to duel the leading knight (his obvious surprise at waking injured in a bed afterwards). He has lost all sense that his actions have consequences because he's been able to smooth it over thus far with resets. So far the reason behind the relationships he's lost has been time skips caused by his death, i.e. circumstances almost beyond his control, rather than having to deal with his own words and actions as the root cause.

If the show engages with a Subaru who realises he's been looking at the world through the eyes of a sociopath manipulating all around for the best possible outcome for him then we'll have a great series. If they reset all of this conflict away I will be very disappointed.

Cornbread78

Rewrite ep.1
I'm failing to see this was such a disaster as sond of the comments I read indicated. I mean, it definately crammed a ton of information into 48 mins, but the character introductions were intresting, there was some good comedy mixed in and that fight at the end was pretty cool stuff. Even some of the tropey stuff wasn't that bad. If anything else, I really want ep.2 now to see what the hell is going on after that ending. Not the best world introduction, but definately left me asking questions and intetested as to what is to come.

Gvitor

ReLIFE 04-05

Yeah, this show is great. I love the chemistry Kaizaki has with the pink-haired girl, every scene they had mocking how Oga sucks at romance and noticing Kairiu was good.

Comedy is pretty good as well. I can see myself reading the manga as soon as I finish this.

Tales of Zestiria the X 00
This was awful, somehow worse than the story in the game. It's like they slammed an entire arc together and condensed it into 20 minutes and it made all the attempts at drama empty.

Arslan Senki S2 1

I had felt that this was running out of steam by the end of its first season, but this was a nice first episode.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Who is this man?

4uCNN24l.png

0nB92G6l.png

(Pictured: Tonkatsu DJ Agetarou Episode 11 and Shokugeki no Soma Series 2 Episode 1)

RIN-NE Season 2 Episode 38 – The Mysterious Transfer Student
CmdDunkXEAATSus.jpg:small

If we can get more of this.
okay the ending was so unexpected and silly. I thought we would have a multi part plot but then she just happened to hold the souls in the apartment next door. Thank you Rokumon for noticing.

Arslan S2 really needs to nerf Narsus, S1 was just one keikaku after another.

Narsus is probably my biggest problem with the show. He would be okay if opposing forces had their own Narsus, or if he eventually found himself in more situations where he couldn't predict things.

orange 01

I love time traveling shit, never gets old for me. First let's say that I really like the artstyle and character designs. The plot is interesting too, I really liked what I saw. I'm in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom