• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer Anime 2016 |OT| Makes Me Happy When Skies Are Grey

Status
Not open for further replies.

Taruranto

Tales of Zestiria the X episode 0

Can't ufotable hire someone with actual writing skill so it won't waste their visual.

Personally I blame people that don't seem to understand that just because something is fun to PLAY doesn't also mean that it's fun to WATCH.

Stop asking for videogame adaptations!

Arslan S2 E1

I love this show. It's not the best, and Narsus is too perfect, but it is comforting. I like that it is pretty humorless and dry, adds historical weight to the proceedings. If this were FMB Arslan would be turning chibi and screaming about being short all the time to portray "comedy".

Does anyone know the long term odds on this show continuing? Is there a lot of material to develop/is it successful? I noticed there's only 8 eps. It doesn't seem like it's going to be ending.

Mandelbo

...wow I really need to get caught up with ReZero. Still only on episode 7 I think.

Also, super excited for amaana to inazuma tomorrow. I read a couple chapters of the manga and it was absolutely wonderful, as well as a little sad - from what I've seen on the show's twitter account the animation looks great too.

Some people on MAL really hate GAF, apparently.

To the MAL crowd that talk shit about us:

N7S2L9Y.png

I don't mind MAL at all. I don't browse their forums, but I use the website quite a lot to track my own stuff and see how my scores fare against the general anime viewer.

However it's the second time this week along that I see people talking shit about NeoGAF in general. Bamco US saw my OT for the God Eater game and posted about it on their twitter. Right away someone posted how they couldn't believe they were posting stuff from this forum lol.

Gvitor

I use MAL only for their tracking system. I don't even bother scoring the anime I watch.

I do wish there was something similar to TV series, all tracking websites I found are just a bother to use.

I use MAL only for their tracking system. I don't even bother scoring the anime I watch.

I do wish there was something similar to TV series, all tracking websites I found are just a bother to use.

I score my shows so I can see at the end of the year whether or not my opinion is the same and to make my top 10 list easier to put together lol.

B-Project Episode 1

Not blown away by the songs yet but the first song from Kitagore was pretty nice.

I wish they explained the elementary mistake dissonance and chords in the harmony, what? Tsubasa line of vocals trapped in a cage wasn't helpful.

Favorite members are in THRIVE
Yuta and Ginchan.
CmdPrnYXYAAc7xa.jpg:small
CmdP-_dWYAAChXV.jpg:small

Also best bad end for best boy of kitagore
CmdVzF7WYAEUSt4.jpg:small

Gvitor

I score my shows so I can see at the end of the year whether or not my opinion is the same and to make my top 10 list easier to put together lol.

Last year I just got all the anime I watched in a notepad and tried to put them in order from best to worst. If I had gone by scores, my list would probably end up different.

phaze

Tales of Zestiria 01

- Ninjas

- Doing dope well animated things

- Strong mc-chan

-
Vampires (?)

- Majestic CG clouds.

- Magic Fireballs

-
Dragon(s?)

AOTS, undoubtedly.

Szadek

Narsus is probably my biggest problem with the show. He would be okay if opposing forces had their own Narsus, or if he eventually found himself in more situations where he couldn't predict things.
I agree (although Daryun's op-ness doesn't help much either).
I guess the silver maksed guy was supposed to be that person, but he hasn't done all that much.

Exalted

Re zero episode 14

Damn what an dark and ominous episode, especially in the second part. Lots of foreshadowing for the future. Glad that Subaru has been left with the consequences of the previous episode, but he didn't really learn that much from it.
Looks like fun times are over, and it's full desperation now.

Cornbread78

Orange ep.1
Well damn. Solid opening with great character interactions, solid visuals and beautiful music. Easy to say I'm hooked already after 1 episode and looking forward to more as she follows the letter.

Narag

Hey if mal works ill take. I also like to see what casual fans think and not you guys anime elitists views

Yeah, it doesn't hurt to have a little perspective. I mean, they won't change my mind about shit but it's interesting to see what and why they find engaging about a work.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Arslan Senki Season 2, Episode 1:

Finally, this show has returned and if I am remembering correctly we are in the ground that the final OVA of the 1990s series covered so I remember some of this. I remember The Arslan Company having to head back to Peshwar and Gieve throwing down with Silver Mask. Above all else I remember some of the events surrounding The King escaping but this seems to be twisting into material that was cut from the original which does make for some new integument.

Days Episode 1

Decent episode 1 but I prefer sports series about prodigies on sports teams or more smaller scale ginga e kickoff ish efforts, kids just having fun while being number 1.

Not really any appealing character designs this episode beyond one guy in the OP and one in the ED.

OP song is really good I need more of that vocalist.

Aki-at

Arslan Senki S2 - 1

That was a pretty good opening episode, was thinking
Etoile was going to be cut as the episode continued but seems she'll play a role still to come as I expected.
Also thought
Gieve holding his own against Hermis goes against the latter's combat ability but hey at least the fight looked cool.

Felt the first season ran out of steam by the end because they dragged out situations and could have done with being a shorter so I'm okay with this being only 8 episodes. Just hope it's not too short now.

(Oh yeah not sure why the OP went with an underskirt shot)

I can do this because my american mindser and japanese views dont mesh. Theres not a Hells kitchen anime either... yet.
"scallops are ready chef"

"Sakura-chan. Come here for a minute"

"y-yes ramsay senpai?"

"what is this?"

"it's scallops"

"touch it. You feel that texture?"

"yes senpai"

"what does it feel like? "

"it feels rubbery"

"you know why? Because like the subs in my Anime, this is fucking raaaaaaw."

Arslan s2 1

It's back and it's great! Hoping to se more Elam since he's the best.

Tales of Zestiria 1

I'm kinda happy they are keeping the original plot element and bringing their own twist to it. Curious to see how they will integrate Velvet in the story. Boy is this show pretty! I can't wait for next week.

Hoping Meebo, Sorey and the rest of the crew show up soon! Zestiria has my favourite cast of the Tales of games.

Also great opening!

Days 1

This looks like it will be one of my favourite this season! I like the MC so much! He's likable, cute and emotional. It's sure I'll cheer for him all season long.

Best opening yet along with Tales.

kewlmyc

Personally I blame people that don't seem to understand that just because something is fun to PLAY doesn't also mean that it's fun to WATCH.

Stop asking for videogame adaptations!

That's not the problem with this first episode though. The first episode is all anime original stuff trying to provide backstory to a character that desperately needed it in the original.

Also, NO ONE asked for this. No one! This is one of the most controversial Tales games to ever release. I can't think of anyone who when playing it though to themselves "Yeah, this deserves an anime adaption." It only exists to advertise the prequel game "Tales of Berseria" coming out in August (which is only a prequel so they can reuse assets). They're not even being secretive about it. The main character of Berseria shows up in the OP despite having absolutely nothing to do with the plot of Zestiria.

I'm probably going to end up watching the Zestiria anime just to get the plot of the game over it because my interest in the game was severely wavered once it forced me to go on a Zelda Wind Waker-esque fetch quest to continue the story.

kewlmyc

I'm very fatigued of Type Moon.

Will I like Tales of Zestiria the Cross?

Maybe? They're apparently trying to improve the original game's story (which was trash), but that is most likely just PR speak. They actually just changing the story to better bridge Zestiria to the upcoming prequel game "Tales of Berseria".

Then again, who knows, it might turn out good. It's way too early in the season to see how a show will turn out, especially since this will be split cour.

Relife 1-8

I've read the manga prior to watching but when I saw the promo I had little hope for this adaptation since it looks so low budget. Yet I'm really enjoying this adaptation. I like the voice acting, I think it's well directed, well edited and the music reminds me of the classic Charlie Brown cartoons. If you like the manga you'll really like this adaptation. I hope it's popular enough to return for a 2nd season with a higher budget.

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
Re zero episode 14

Damn what an dark and ominous episode, especially in the second part. Lots of foreshadowing for the future. Glad that Subaru has been left with the consequences of the previous episode, but he didn't really learn that much from it.
Looks like fun times are over, and it's full desperation now.

Ugh wtf, spoiler images still don't work on mobile!?!?!?

Line_HTX

I can do this because my american mindser and japanese views dont mesh. Theres not a Hells kitchen anime either... yet.

You. YEAH, YOU!! Come taste this.

How does it taste?

IT'S FUCKING COLD! THIS TASTES WORSE THAN THE MOST BASIC DAGASHI!

GET OUT, and fuck off.

Ascheroth

Re:Zero #14

Subaru just keeps digging and I love it, because it makes so much sense but is so wrong at the same time.
And boy was that an ominous episode. Let the despair begin once again.

"Teaching swordmanship to a man who has abanded the option to get stronger is meaningless." Savage. Cruschs advice backfired completely.

gargles

Re:Zero - 14

Not only didn't he learn anything but Subaru will also fall even further into despair. The suffering is returning, and in a larger scale. Guess we'll get a new checkpoint next episode. After this episode's ending, Subaru will reset everything.
He already hinted he would do it. And with Rem's death, there's no way he won't kill himself.
And again, kudos to White Fox. They included the new OP but to compensate, this episode was longer than the usual. That's commendable.

Orange - 1

It will be an emotional ride, won't it? Loved this first episode. Despite that two week jump and that character art style (it will probably grow on me, though), the "time travel" concept, the visuals and the cast are giving me reasons to keep watching it. Hope this becomes great.

The things Subaru experiences and how he acts in episode 14 remind me of the backstory of many anime villains. Like this is how they act and what they go through before they turn evil.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom