• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer Anime 2016 |OT| Makes Me Happy When Skies Are Grey

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cornbread78

ReZero ep.18
Fuck you Subara! You are trash, utter shit and the worst period. What a beautiful episode until that line out of his mouth. Listen fucker, she just "saved" you from despair, you made her day by what you just said minutes ago, then you literally take a shit all over her? Fuck you Subaru! Ugghh... mad.

Rem is the best!

Gvitor

image.php

Also, vampires in Monogatari are one with their clothing. This should become apparent later in Kizu too, but there were certain scenes on the previous stories too, like when Araragi faced Black Hanekawa in Kuro, where he regenerated his clothes, along with his legs. So, going by this, it actually makes sense why the clothes didn't burn.

In reality its the same reason why all the clothes in One Piece aren't affected by their users Devil Fruits - because then they'd be fighting naked after a few minutes.

Because Araragi essentially has Kiss-Shot's powers in Kizu (he was the most powerful being in the world for a week and didn't even realize it. Not like he had hundreds of years to work out stuff like Kiss-Shot or Dramaturgie so he couldn't use it) his regeneration is so fast that even Wolverine would call bullshit. Kiss-Shot's powers are pretty much Perfect Life Form Cars level, except Kiss-Shot could probably get out of orbit.

Line_HTX

I actually liked Re:Zero more then Konosuba. Or at least I watched more episodes of Re:Zero.

That's really unfair to Konosuba. They're the same LN stuff but just different approaches.

I despise chuunis, but I'll make an exception and take Megumin over Remilia any day.

Seiyu joke

pelicansurf

Needs a Holiday on Gallifrey
So I cried through like 70% of ReZero. The feels were real.

However, the scary laugh Subaru made, mimicking Sloth, while dying was real frightening for his future prospects.

Great episode to put an end cap on Subaru being a complete broken mess. I hope his suffering gets limited for the rest of the show.

Also, Puck knows Satella!

ReZero ep.18
Fuck you Subara! You are trash, utter shit and the worst period. What a beautiful episode until that line out of his mouth. Listen fucker, she just "saved" you from despair, you made her day by what you just said minutes ago, then you literally take a shit all over her? Fuck you Subaru! Ugghh... mad.

Rem is the best!

The worst part is when you think about it, there was something that ultimately didn't change for her life.

She was second place earlier in her life.... and she's second place right now.

pelicansurf

The worst part is when you think about it, there was something that ultimately didn't change for her life.

She was second place earlier in her life.... and she's second place right now.
She was temporarily first place, while Subaru was wallowing in self-loathing,

Line_HTX

ReZero ep.18

Rem is the best!

I thought that I heard you laughing.
I thought that I heard you sing.
I think I thought I saw you try~

Narag

ReZero ep.18

Substituting Bojack for Subaru makes this something that could have been in a Bojack Horseman OT. :lol

pelicansurf

Lol, I hope the Rem-shippers actually enjoyed this 10/10 episode instead of being actually cranky about it. I kind of grimaced when he said he loved Emilia, but I understood his angle.

Cornbread78

Lol, I hope the Rem-shippers actually enjoyed this 10/10 episode instead of being actually cranky about it. I kind of grimaced when he said he loved Emilia, but I understood his angle.

The episode was amazing between the dialog, visuals and especially the music, however, that doesn't excuse subaru from being a complete piece of shit after what he just did...

pelicansurf

The episode was amazing between the dialog, visuals and especially the music, however, that doesn't excuse subaru from being a complete piece of shit after what he just did...
He didn't want to bait her or use her feelings for him as a tool. He did the right thing even though best girl is out of the running for good. No point in waiting until later to let her know.

Geist-

He didn't want to bait her or use her feelings for him as a tool. He did the right thing even though best girl is out of the running for good. No point in waiting until later to let her know.
Exactly. He's a piece of shit because he's upfront about the fact that he loves someone else? He's telling her now because manipulating people's feelings isn't a nice thing. That's what assholes do. Subaru is just honest.

Maybe now Rem can find someone who isn't an emotional mess and psychologically damaged.

Nephtis

Re: Zero 18

What a fantastic episode. We really needed that after having seen Subaru hit rock bottom. He has been completely broken, hated by everyone, and told how useless he is -- from Puck, no less, who probably knows that Subaru is being earnest in his love for Emilia.

I think they're all being terribly unfair to him, but I can't blame them, since they don't know what's going on. Still, I was hoping Puck would have a bit more of a conversation with Subaru before killing him. All he did was tell him of the three sins he committed.

Rem giving Subaru the courage he needs was just amazing. And I got a new level of respect for Subaru for telling Rem he loves Emilia -- even after all the things she said to him. Good lord, if I heard anyone say that about me, after showing them myself at my worst - there's no question, they would have my heart. But at the same time, it would be crueler to her to be led on when he really has a soft spot for Emilia. Besides, we need him to save Emilia, as Puck will destroy the world in a few days when she dies as part of the contract.

pelicansurf

Re: Zero 18

What a fantastic episode. We really needed that after having seen Subaru hit rock bottom. He has been completely broken, hated by everyone, and told how useless he is -- from Puck, no less, who probably knows that Subaru is being earnest in his love for Emilia.

I think they're all being terribly unfair to him, but I can't blame them, since they don't know what's going on. Still, I was hoping Puck would have a bit more of a conversation with Subaru before killing him. All he did was tell him of the three sins he committed.

Rem giving Subaru the courage he needs was just amazing. And I got a new level of respect for Subaru for telling Rem he loves Emilia -- even after all the things she said to him. Good lord, if I heard anyone say that about me, after showing them myself at my worst - there's no question, they would have my heart. But at the same time, it would be crueler to her to be led on when he really has a soft spot for Emilia. Besides, we need him to save Emilia, as Puck will destroy the world in a few days when she dies as part of the contract.
You said it yourself, man! Why would Puck bother talking to Subaru any more than he did when he's about to end the world? That timeline is kicked.

Berserk 11

That's the second time Berserk has used the "I've got to warm him/her with my body heat to nurse him/her back to health" excuse to get Guts and Casca to sleep naked next to each other. Come on now!

I don't understand this sudden love for RE Zero.

After you fight the giant scorpion on the train the whole game basically goes downhill, and feels completely non-canon.

L.O.R.D

Rezero 18

"I love Emilia"

giphy.gif

Goddammit, I am livid. She spent 20min confessing to you, you bastard. After you asked to run away with her. Jesus Christ. This is still anime of the year, but goddammit, that line almost physically hurt me.

Rezero 18

RIP
Subaru x Rem

saying he loves Emilia doesn't mean he would merry her or "fall in love" with her,,,,,i hope.

Berserk 11

That's the second time Berserk has used the "I've got to warm him/her with my body heat to nurse him/her back to health" excuse to get Guts and Casca to sleep naked next to each other. Come on now!

Hmm? I thought those scenes were pretty tasteful and naked bodies should allow to share and retain body warmth better than drenched clothes.

First time is a bit more questionable I guess.

Nephtis

You said it yourself, man! Why would Puck bother talking to Subaru any more than he did when he's about to end the world? That timeline is kicked.

Yeah, but he said to Subaru that they would chat! It wasn't really a chat and it wasn't really helpful to either Subaru or the audience. I guess all we know is that as part of the contract Puck will end the world when Emilia dies.

Maybe he can use this information to persuade the other candidates into helping to save Emilia.

pelicansurf

Yeah, but he said to Subaru that they would chat! It wasn't really a chat and it wasn't really helpful to either Subaru or the audience. I guess all we know is that as part of the contract Puck will end the world when Emilia dies.

Maybe he can use this information to persuade the other candidates into helping to save Emilia.
They totally chatted. A quick one that ended in murder.

saying he loves Emilia doesn't mean he would merry her or "fall in love" with her,,,,,i hope.
This is my hope as well. Didnt he say he loved/liked (daisuki) Rem and Ram too, when they were totally killing him as well. It's the same situation but with Emilia, He just gotta save Emilia cause he likes her, but then he'll go back to Rem for the demon babies....I wish.

Man, I'm probably just supporting my bias for Rem but that last part where Subaru hugs her and tells her that she has front row seats to seeing him become a real hero. It kinda feels like him saying that he has to become better and become the version that Rem sees in him, in order to accept Rems love, If only. too many feels in this series, suffering, happiness, shipping. Damn it.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Do tell from where in the movie you can deduce he thinks Hanekawa will miss him more than his family.
Have not watched the movie for like half a year now. it is pretty obvious that araragi's interaction with hanakawa is pretty distinct and the story, even inside the film, goes go great length to show how araragi's methods of avoidance do not work on her. if you pay attention to the passage of time at all i'm pretty sure it's fairly obvious how estranged he has become even from his whole family, which is why when he goes missing for an extended period of time they are not overly concerned.

just...something for you to keep in mind. you are complaining about the story of something with borderline nonsense subs, and how the cg/aesthetic is bad while you post screen grabs from a crummy transfer.

ROUND VERNIAN VIFAM #08 A High Clog Strategy?! The Little Warriors Sortie!

Looks like Fred/Kents could potentially participate in DILLFAM fights.

Tense moment again with the aliens over the base.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom