• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer Anime 2016 |OT| Makes Me Happy When Skies Are Grey

Status
Not open for further replies.

Taruranto

The Heroic Legend of Narsus #5

vjuSOz0.jpg

Her "seductress" outfit is less revealing than her everyday getup, lmaos.

This episode once against highlight the series problem. Narsus is the one constantly advancing the plot, making proposition and bringing up new ideas (last screenshot is still Narsus talking). At best, Arslan supports him, at worst he just acts as a glorified cheerleader.

This would be FINE if it was, I dunno, the first half of the first season, but it's the second season and we are like 28 episodes into the series!

What a tweest.

Just T

Soma Second Plate: 5

Nice episode, was good to see things slow down just a bit for the build up to the Shokugeki.

Amanchu: 4

This was a good episode as well. The two new characters seem interesting, the scene with Pikari trying to signal the girl was funny, it's those muppet faces lol. I thought the scenes near the end with Teko were pretty good too, showing her fear and struggle, wasn't sure if it was going to be solved immediately but pleased it wasn't dragged out and Pikari helped her through it, nice scene. Teko first dive in the actual ocean should be great.

JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Diamond is Unbreakable: 15-18

Those book faces really are unsettling. The new OP is straight, very different from the first one but still good. These last couple of episodes have been really enjoyable, it was nice to Jotaro and Josuke hang out longer again. The episode with Reimi was creepy with that dog, I like Reimi's design though. Kira with that hand, yikes. And as for the latest episode, it started out differently than I thought it would in regards to Shigechi but once it started going knew that greed was going to set in lol. Oh, and lol at Koichi noping out when he saw Yukako.

This Art Club Has a Problem: 2-4

As for this show hmm it's not really a standout but it can be entertaining. I like a good bit of the characters so far, there is one though that really reminds me of Miyano from Tanaka kun who I found really entertaining but this character feels like they should be taken in even smaller doses, can get a little annoying. In short I suppose it still feels kinda like a Gekkan Shoujo lite, no where near as funny yet and it feels like Usami is carrying the show, though again some of the other characters have their small moments.

Active Raid S2 4

Goddamn, the art quality in this episode dropped a ton. And it wasn't even an action heavy one either. At least the dynamic between Mythos and Kuroki is pretty fun to watch. Kuroki just seems to have the funnest relationships with most of the cast. Looks like the main plot is kicking in too, with Bird coming back.

Mailbox

Onodera is pretty doo-doo though.

;P

Say what? Don't tell me you're a Shitoge guy?

Onodera is the worst, sorry.

Hate to break it to you guys, but the manga already chose a winner. All other ships have sank.

The "winner" (if you can call her that) is actually:
Chitoge; who actually wasn't the girl he had the promise with

Yay manga spoils.
I actually want Shaft to adapt the rest since they would only need ~2 more seasons to adapt all the non-filler.

Active Raid S2 4

Goddamn, the art quality in this episode dropped a ton. And it wasn't even an action heavy one either. At least the dynamic between Mythos and Kuroki is pretty fun to watch. Kuroki just seems to have the funnest relationships with most of the cast. Looks like the main plot is kicking in too, with Bird coming back.

Little brother Jirou, I cant wait.

Tales of Zestiria episode 4

What I like about this anime is that it takes what I believe is strongest point of the game which is the characters and amplify what made them so great, their personality. Add Ufotable amazing work and you have what is the best anime this season.(As of right now)

Also god damn those battles scenes are always sooo good and everything is so pretty!

Hmm? I thought those scenes were pretty tasteful and naked bodies should allow to share and retain body warmth better than drenched clothes.

First time is a bit more questionable I guess.

The visuals are reasonably tasteful; this did air on broadcast TV after all. I just think this is a lame excuse to give Guts and Casca quasi-sexual contact. I didn't buy Guts' reasoning that a fire lit in the cave would be likely to signal their enemies. And as you point out, the first time, when Casca was ordered by Griffith to sleep naked next to Guts, was even more dubious.

Also, I was bemused that Casca essentially proved her opponent right that women are a liability on the battlefield by having her period interfere with her fighting ability.

The Disastrous Life of Saiki K.Episode 21 Escape Using an Invincible Suit of Camouflage!

Dark Reunion strikes again.

The plan was well thought out, surprised he didnt think of just teleporting home then changing his shoes later that day.

Cornbread78

Cowboy Bebop ep.13
Nice calm conclusion to this double header. Gotta love the mood change at the end of tge episode when everything is settled and he is set to space sea. Also, that "unconditional love" return home for Spike..

Hate to break it to you guys, but the manga already chose a winner. All other ships have sank.

The "winner" (if you can call her that) is actually:
Chitoge; who actually wasn't the girl he had the promise with

Yay manga spoils.
I actually want Shaft to adapt the rest since they would only need ~2 more seasons to adapt all the non-filler.

No, you don't want that!

Shaft is now busy with good stuff like 3lion and Zaregoto and
Kakushigoto

barybll

Banned
Man, I'm probably just supporting my bias for Rem but that last part where Subaru hugs her and tells her that she has front row seats to seeing him become a real hero. It kinda feels like him saying that he has to become better and become the version that Rem sees in him, in order to accept Rems love, If only. too many feels in this series, suffering, happiness, shipping. Damn it.

Funny thing
This is kinda his thoughts in the LN

Negator

Qualidea Code 4

God this show has some serious problems. i paused at some of the scenes and did a double take because they just looked SO fucking bad. More like QUALITY Code

And what the fuck was that attack at the very end? They couldn't animate the big payoff of the battle? If you weren't going to animate it then why even have the battle at all!?

And that ending. Just what the fuck was that.

Syrinx

Amanchu 4

Teko was laying it on pretty thick with those internal monologues during the diving scene in the pool. There isn't really anything wrong with her as a character and the themes of her opening up and overcoming her fears and apprehensions, but her constant talking to herself needs to be toned down a bit. I don't mind so much now since it was just the pool, but if it happens in the ocean where there's actual scenery and stuff, it may start to get on my nerves.

TrueBlue

Re:Zero 18

The
"I love Emilia"
line was excellent. Not for any shipping reasons,
though he has totally made the wrong choice
, but with how it was delivered and how it concluded the main body of the episode.

Great stuff.

The
"I love Emilia"
line was excellent. Not for any shipping reasons,
though he has totally made the wrong choice
, but with how it was delivered and how it concluded the main body of the episode.

Great stuff.

might help to tell people the show you are spoiling fwiw

kewlmyc

I'm starting to think his obsession with Emilia might have something to do with his curse. That or it's typical "first girl wins" bad writing.

Cornbread78

Cowboy Bebop ep.14
Such a tone shift from the last episode, but that is the "episodic" nature of this show. Ed got a littke screen time and was entertaining, so I will say she's good in my book now, lol.

Cornbread78

Orange ep.5
Them boys better protect this smile.
Suwa is the man. It's easy to see how the future turned out the way it is. Excellent rpisodes that showed the dynamic of those three, not as a "love-triangle," but as a group of tight friends. It was also intresting to hear the teacher go over his time travel theory and I want to see how they tie that more closely with thr story.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Best Wishes is the worst overall series and has probably the worst overall season (the final one) but at least some of the side characters are pretty interesting like Bianca.

Re:Zero 18

So here's what I thought was gonna happen and make things ten times worse for viewers:

Rem would accept his offer and then we'd get a happy long life and kids montage ending in both their deaths of old age....and then he'd wake up back in the market.

True suffering and I would've loved it.

Pokemon Best Wishes! 19

Why didn't anyone warn me this show would get weird?

The side characters in Best Wishes are sometimes amusing, but then they introduce a character whose entire bit is no one can remember how to say his name properly.

They drive that bit into the Earth for around 100 episodes.

Oh, and Snivy never learns any new moves.
Or special attacks.
Or evolves.

I don't know why I did but I lost all interest to keep watching Orange.

I guess the bad taste of encouraging your past self to get with another guy other than your husband AND attempting to change the past that could possibly change your future with him is kinda fucked?

Maybe I'll wait to see how it ends before I make a decision to keep watching.

I guess the bad taste of encouraging your past self to get with another guy other than your husband AND attempting to change the past that could possibly change your future with him is kinda fucked?

Ill never understand this. In a world in which Kakeru doesnt die it is blasphemous writing that she could potentially end up with Kakeru?

Re:Zero Episode 18

Fuck man, this was episode I've been waiting for for weeks now, the episode for Subaru finally gets his shit together and realizes what an asshat he's been for the past like 4 episodes. Now I'm ready for more despair, bring on the despair!

Poor Rem though, I actually thought he might say he loved Rem, but obliviously he wouldn't, I don't hate him for it or anything though, the heart wants what the heart wants man, and to be fair to Subaru, Emilia had a pretty big impact on him when he first came to this world, so in a way in't not surprising he still chooses her in the end, even if it's the wrong choice lol.

Cornbread78

Today's episode specifically addressed this...

Celcius

°Temp. member
Sword Art Online

I had heard about this series and was bored today so I thought I would give it a try. I'm really liking it so far (currently on episode 8 or so) and I find the premise very intriguing. I've never played an MMO before but the making friends aspect of it seems cool. It's also interesting since the VR craze just came about. It's also cool how it's in medieval settings but people have stats, inventories, etc lol. The characters are cool too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom