• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer Anime 2016 |OT| Makes Me Happy When Skies Are Grey

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is a lot of Saiki Kusuo.
CmeRiVNWgAAkQ5Y.jpg:large

Soon!

So Sundays it is, thanks. I'll make sure to jot that down on my anime calendar. So far, I've got:

Mondays:
- Taboo Tattoo
- Danganronpa 3 Mirai-Hen
- Mob Psycho 100

Thursday:
- handa-kun
- Danganronpa 3 Zetsubou-hen
- Battery

Friday:
- 91days

Saturday:
- Soma

Sunday:
- Re:Zero
- orange

Idk how many of these I'll keep since only 2 of them that aren't Re:Zero have aired so far (well 3 with ReLIFE which I already finished)

John Blade

I can't believe it but I am actually going through old manga I use to read long time ago and buying them on Amazon Kindle. Surprise they have Video Girl Ai there and just bought myself the 1st volume. Have a feeling, I might start buying manga from Kindle soon.

Also, what other manga should I look into on Kindle. I am going to get Love Hina there and few more stuff I found on Kindle.

feels are a menace

Seriously.

I really wish people would stop using "Feels" as an assertion of a show's quality.

The word "Feels" seems to just describe a particular moment where you became sad over something in a show. While it's fine that you're invested enough in the show to feel emotional for the characters, saying the show is filled with moments that made you sad doesn't mean others will feel the same way, and shouldn't be the main selling point as to why you think it's good enough that others will enjoy it as well.

Take Madoka Magica for example. That's a show that I'd say certainly gave many people the "Feels", but that's not the main reason why I liked the show. It's the result of all the other reasons why I liked the show.

Madoka Magica had extraordinarily animated action scenes, eerie and haunting imagery of the labyrinths, the clashing of ideals between the different girls, the villain being so easy to hate and not one-note, the overall sense of hopelessness, the ending that managed to be satisfying in spite of that.

All of that stuff are different reasons that added to why I liked it and why I'm able to feel emotional during its particular sad moments. If I just said that it gave me the "feels", what does that say about the show itself other than the fact that it made me sad?

Bottom line: Please go into more detail when recommending a show than just saying that it gave you the "Feels".

NCR Redslayer

NeoGAF's Vegeta
I can't believe it but I am actually going through old manga I use to read long time ago and buying them on Amazon Kindle. Surprise they have Video Girl Ai there and just bought myself the 1st volume. Have a feeling, I might start buying manga from Kindle soon.

Also, what other manga should I look into on Kindle. I am going to get Love Hina there and few more stuff I found on Kindle.
Can you get the spice and wolf LNs?

Taruranto

Matsume Junjichouu #1

NO, HE'S NOT OK, HE PASSED OUT EVERY DAY FOR FIVE DAYS, WHO THE FUCK WROTE THIS SHIT.

This was awfuuuuul, basically take Natsume, remove all that makes Natsume good, and you are left with a low-key shounen with main character CONSTANTLY OVERRATING and STATING OBVIOUS things.

I'll pass, I had my fill of this last season with Stray Dogs.

John Blade

Can you get the spice and wolf LNs?

Only the manga version. Is the manga version is okay over the light novel. I heard the manga is based on the light novel but take much longer. If it's the same and it's the only choice, I might just pop the manga in my Kindle collection.

Mandelbo

Wait, all of Shinkai's films have egregious amounts of feet in them? I thought the protagonist of Garden of Words just had a foot fetish

NCR Redslayer

NeoGAF's Vegeta
Only the manga version. Is the manga version is okay over the light novel. I heard the manga is based on the light novel but take much longer. If it's the same and it's the only choice, I might just pop the manga in my Kindle collection.
Manga is equally as good because it keeps the same visual as the anime.

Zestiria 1

I feel like I just watched 3/4 of an entire series viciously crammed into a single episode.

What the hell was this?

firehawk12

Subete no aware
So has anyone finished Relife? Does it do anything interesting with the whole nostalgia for highschool idea in terms of saying something about adulthood in Japan?

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
Isn't it possible that Subaru has had mental illness this whole time and has been trying to mask it? I don't really comments that he should kill himself, even if it could be tongue in cheek due to the nature of his power, very funny. /debbiedowner

ReZero 14

Tried rewatching the new OP, it seems like it shows quite a lot of what is going to happen. I'll just leave it for now though, going by it though it's safe to say that a lot of shit is going to happen in the next 11 episodes.

I simply cannot feel any sympathy for this pathetic excuse of a character all the way towards the end. How much of an idiot do you need to be to think you can face any problem when you can't even beat a butler in a wooden swords fight. All that suffering towards the end though. Man is going to snap. It's going to be a delicious moment lol.

I feel like I am watching Breaking Bad all over again. Watching a gentle simple man turn into a vicious druglord edgelord.

I'm sure that "Butler" is just a "Butler"

Yes we know that but you know what I mean. It's just a constant thing that keeps happening to him, we have yet to see him win at anything. Also did those monks
bow to him or was it just me? For all we know they just let him be because he is too weak lol.
Other than his respawn power, like you mentioned Ascheroth, he's got nothing going in his favour. He clearly isn't THAT smart (something that we pointed out since episode 1 when he couldn't realize that he was in a game) and he isn't cool headed at all. He's too fixated on his respawning ability and in his mind he is the one that will solve all the problems. After all, why would he have been brought to this world and given this power amirite?

I quite honestly don't think this event will give him perspective at all. He will most likely end up committing suicide again. And the respawn point will just be one step away from that same place, just a minute ago
:3 lol

He's not in a game.

Line_HTX

So has anyone finished Relife? Does it do anything interesting with the whole nostalgia for highschool idea in terms of saying something about adulthood in Japan?

I haven't heard anyone mention anything about nostalgia. It sounds like it's around the area of depression of being an adult and wanting a 2nd chance at something.

NCR Redslayer

NeoGAF's Vegeta
I haven't heard anyone mention anything about nostalgia. It sounds like it's around the area of depression of being an adult and wanting a 2nd chance at something.
Thats exactly what happens, in a land of falling birthrates. Nichijou shows a better view of whats it like being an adult.

John Blade

Manga is equally as good because it keeps the same visual as the anime.

I guess I will add it on my wishlist of manga to get when I finish them here. Here are what I have as of now on my Kindle and also my wish list. Would like recommend manga you can ask me to check.

Owned on Kindle
Gunsmith Cats Revised Edition 1 - Own the physical copy but like to have it on digital.
Love Hina Omnibus Vol 1, 2, 3
Negima Omnibu Vol 1, 2
Servant X Service Vol 1, 2, 3, 4
A Silent Voice Vol 1
Video Girl Ai Vol 1
Yotsuba Vol 1, 2, 3, 4

Wish List
Spice and Wolf Manga
Kaze Hikaru Manga - I heard about this from the music creator
Doraemon Manga - Yes, you can get it from Kindle.
Kobato Managa - Only want to get them as I own the DVD for it.
Dominion Series Manga - most likely get the entire Shirow Masamune work
Any Osamu Tezuka work
Kimi Ni Todoke manga - Don't know if I want to get into it but look interesting.
I''s manga - own physical but love to have this digital copy and also like Masakazu work.
Nana manga - Might want to take a bite of it but holding right now.
Cardcaptor Sakura manga - Never read it
Black Lagoon manga - Own physical copy but want to get the digital copy of it.
Battle Angel Alita Last Order manga - Like it and want to go back rereading it.

The Disastrous Life of Saiki K.Episode 1 The Disastrous Life of a Psychic (Part 1)
CmejsL4WIAAO6Bt.jpg:small

Good introduction, I still chuckled at some of my favorite lines from the manga for this. The parents are so silly.

I'm not sure why you continue to follow anime if what you're really after is sociological analysis. I mean, there's occasionally anime that has fodder for that kind of discussion, such as Concrete Revolutio with its retrospective look at mid-20th century Japanese history, but in general it's better to stick to independent live-action film for that kind of stuff.

Gvitor

Baby Steps 15-18

Now this was a good match. (Maruo x Araya)

The final moments were pretty damn good, with every character reading each other and Araya shouting for the ball to drop in.

HEY I JUST SAW THIS AT AX

Your Name by Makoto Shinkai

I didn't like it at all

I was nervous when I heard the plot synopsis, because the more ambitious and fantastical Shinkai gets, the weaker his storytelling is. Staying small-scale and grounded produces the best results, as in Garden of Words. I'd be interested in hearing more in-depth impressions if you ever feel like writing some.

I was nervous when I heard the plot synopsis, because the more ambitious and fantastical Shinkai gets, the weaker his storytelling is. Staying small-scale and grounded produces the best results, as in Garden of Words. I'd be interested in hearing more in-depth impressions if you ever feel like writing some.

Yeah sure. Since I'm one of the only people who has seen it I'll say a bit more when I get back to my hotel

I almost find it hard to believe it's ending.

Watch as they restart the anime and put fillers in again, lmao
Bleach fillers are the best kind of fillers since they usually are very enjoyable so I would not mind too much.

The last filler with Kageroza had some very very well animated fights.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom