• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer Anime 2016 |OT| Makes Me Happy When Skies Are Grey

Status
Not open for further replies.

Line_HTX

Bleach fillers are the best kind of fillers since they usually are very enjoyable so I would not mind too much.

The last filler with Kageroza had some very very well animated fights.

The only one I ever liked was when the Zanpakuto came to life. It was a very awesome concept.

jbug617

Banned
http://www.funimation.com/blog/2016...video-date-announcement-preview-the-packaging

Cme881AVIAAe1Lk.jpg

Cme87zTUkAAo1cK.jpg

The Escaflowne TV series collector’s edition, standard editions, and movie will all hit shelves on October 18, 2016! All releases with have both the new 2016 English dub and the original broadcast English dub, as well as Japanese audio. You’ll be able to pre-order on July 15.

As you may recall from our Kickstarter campaign earlier this year, the series is set for a home video release this fall that features brand new HD materials of the series, plus several new director’s cut scenes never before seen in North America, from the Japanese Blu-ray release. Because the new scenes have never been dubbed in English, we had the rather unprecedented idea of using Kickstarter to ask you, the fans, if there was an interest in a new dub to match the complete materials. With the success of the Kickstarter, the new release will have the new 2016 English dub set to the director’s cut HD materials. In addition, we have upgraded all of the sets to include the original dub set to broadcast materials as well.

The collector’s edition features both the complete series plus the movie, a 40 page hardcover artbook that includes artwork from original releases as well as gorgeous brand new watercolor and painterly illustration from character designer Nobuteru Yuki, a replica of Hitomi’s pendant, and a beautiful chipboard box that also features an illustration from the character designer. You’ll notice that with this release, the “front” of the box is actually the back, mirroring the exact way this wonderful piece of art was used on the original Japanese release, for maximum authenticity.

Gvitor

ReLIFE 07-08

After this twist, I really hope they don't change Kaizaki and An's relationship much... they were great together.

Ala Alba

So, I'm (still) very much behind on my anime watching, and I'm trying to catch up by season. I actually think I'm farther behind than the last time I asked for recommendations, but I'm not giving up yet!

I think I'm done with the obviously interesting shows in Fall 2015, but I want to make sure I didn't miss something really good.

I have watched or tried watching: One Punch Man, Noragami Aragoto, Owari no Seraph S2, Asterisk Wars, Chivalry of a Failed Knight, Anti-Magic Academy, K: Return of Kings, Heavy Object, Comet Lucifer, Lance N Masques, Owarimonogatari, and Moblie Suit Gundam: Ironblooded Orphans.

Are there any other anime from that season that you would recommend?

So, I'm (still) very much behind on my anime watching, and I'm trying to catch up by season. I actually think I'm farther behind than the last time I asked for recommendations, but I'm not giving up yet!

I think I'm done with the obviously interesting shows in Fall 2015, but I want to make sure I didn't miss something really good.

I have watched or tried watching: One Punch Man, Noragami Aragoto, Owari no Seraph S2, Asterisk Wars, Chivalry of a Failed Knight, Anti-Magic Academy, K: Return of Kings, Heavy Object, Comet Lucifer, Lance N Masques, Owarimonogatari, and Moblie Suit Gundam: Ironblooded Orphans.

The only great thing your missing is Haikyu! which is a fantastic sports anime. A huge recommendation from my part.

Narag

DTL, it's your time to shine.

Gvitor

The only great thing your missing is Haikyu! which is a fantastic sports anime. A huge recommendation from my part.

I second this. Haikyuu is fantastic, there's already 2 chock-full of hype seasons with the 3rd coming this fall. And it's going to be the best one yet.

Starmyu
Concrete Revolution
Shingeki Chuugakkou

TribeCoolCrew (brave beats was that season, but TriCool > BraveBeats)

Gvitor

Not normally a fan of sports, but it's on Crunchyroll, so I'll give it a shot.

I'm not a big sports fan either. After watching Haikyuu, I watched Kuroko no Basuke, Ping Pong: The Animation, and now I'm almost done with Baby Steps S1. It became one of my favorite genres even if I still don't care about the actual sports IRL that much.

None of those are as good as Haikyuu, though.

jonjonaug

IIRC when SZS was airing Shaft would sometimes insert references to things that happened within 24 hours of the episode airing.

Grexeno

FLCL panel at AX announced that the first series' character designer and The Pillows are both back for the continuation.

The Morose Mononokean 01

Boy this is DTL as all hell

Meh. You won't fool me. Anime is over!
The really neat part of the first two episodes is just how Bones makes full use of the simplistic character designs to really create some very amazingly expressive scenes. It's not entirely hyperactive like Trigger works tend to be, but just restrained enough to make the scenes really stand out.

EDIT: Also forgot this, but Minami was talking earlier about how he wants a Stranger 2 lol

Narag

Kickstart it and I'll bless it with my kickstarter blessing where nothing I've backed has failed!!

edit: wow
@digikerot
LWA TV is going to be a Netflix series, even. next year.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
How many episodes is this season of Shokugeki no Souma going to be? I assumed it would be another 24, but I'm seeing it listed on anichart as 13.

jbug617

Banned
How many episodes is this season of Shokugeki no Souma going to be? I assumed it would be another 24, but I'm seeing it listed on anichart as 13.

It's 13. They are releasing 7 volumes (first 6 will have 2 episodes each and the last volume will have the last episode).

orange 01

This is strikingly "normal" for a series about sort-of time travel

Everyone who's read the manga online keep saying "prepare to be sad" or "prepare to cry". So there may or may not be some crazy/sad shit happening soon?

I'm amazed things like this are considered normal.

a9slpEY.png

https://twitter.com/RPGSite/status/749791126509412352

Goddamn. I'm both impressed and sad about this. That last episode looked great. I wonder if it would have looked even better had it not been under these circumstances, or if the stress pushed them to do something better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom