• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer Anime 2016 |OT| Makes Me Happy When Skies Are Grey

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gonna watch Taboo Tattoo and I'm gonna trust the people saying that Amaama to Inazuma is good and without any creepy stuff. I could do with a softer show to begin the work week on a good note.
Inazuma is father-daughter purity of the most sickingly sweet and cute fashion. No creep factor here.

TUSR

Banned
CR got Prisma Illya 3rei!!

1bcaa8ca4cc8020f3b5e7fef49996dac1467665228_full.jpg

http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-ne...a-3rei-and-ange-vierge-to-summer-anime-lineup

got back home from the holidays. I'll post the 91 Days OT later in the week, like a day or two before.

If anyone with photoshop skills can make a banner using this image (or a better quality one) I'd appreciate it. If not I'm just adding text with MS Paint lol.

0drJd6U.jpg

Taboo Tattoo 01

Woah the fighting choreography is some of the best stuff I have seen in awhile. Gonna keep this one for the spectacle. Sure the comedy can be very hit and miss here and there, but I'm willing to keep watching this.

Onto Inazuma!

Cornbread78

Soma S2 ep.1
Wow, I forgot how much I missed this stupid show. This was fun to watch like last season, bravo.

Fun watching in a stadium full of people waiting for fireworks, lol.

Inazuma is father-daughter purity of the most sickingly sweet and cute fashion. No creep factor here.

The only thing that might creep some people out is that
highschool girl does start to fall for the teacher/father, but at least as far as has been seen in the manga, he doesn't reciprocate romantic feelings at all

Taboo Tattoo 1

More like Generic LN of the season

- High school boy lead
- Gains power.
- Actually uses the opening scene where he gains the power and goes "now that I think about it that's where it all began.' No fuck you, this isn't some deep realization. That is exactly where it all started no need to think back on it you fuck lol.
- He's strong, but not that strong.
- Childhood friend.
- Female lead that totally won't be romantic interest shows up and explains to him powers.
- Has fight and power activates. Only to realize "he has the strongest power of all!". Fuck me.

I'll hate watch it.

That's great, thank you!

kurahador

D.Gray Man Hallow - 01

I'm so confused right now. Does it picks up from the last episode of the anime series years ago? Because the only thing I remember was the Order got attacked, all the Exorcists/Elites repel them, some scientist died and the guy with the big Timcanpy died or something.

Cornbread78

got back home from the holidays. I'll post the 91 Days OT later in the week, like a day or two before.

If anyone with photoshop skills can make a banner using this image (or a better quality one) I'd appreciate it. If not I'm just adding text with MS Paint lol.
0drJd6U.jpg

Use the Advanced editing option in Imgur, then "add text"

Is easy to use and works well. Look forward to the OT. Nobody posted in the Rewrite or Orange OT's, lol : (.

Didn't the second one get like half of animeGAF permed

Lets not talk about that. It's more Rito's fault.

Inazuma 01

Holy shit you were right. It was pretty heartwarming. That bit towards the end even caught me off guard and everything... Choosing an actual child to voice the little girl was an excellent choice. In Barakamon it made the different, and today the same happened in this show.

The Disastrous Life of Saiki K. Episode 2 The Disastrous Life of a Psychic (Part 2)
Cmj2cUNXgAAeQeK.jpg:small
Cmj3CwSWYAAGupl.jpg:small

This was hilarious. I love how he manages to find ways to deal with these high maintenance parents and have himself his own peace. Also I love how much more expressions he shows here than in the manga.

Aki-at

Macross Delta - 2

Not sure why the MC thought it was a good idea to try and jump off from the edge of the ship or how it convinced the commander he'd be a good recruit but whatever.

So was Walkzure planning on sending everyone home even though they passed their preliminary rounds but no one stood a chance unless the some mysterious unknown candidate had appeared?

Redhead you tell that MC how much of an ass he is.

Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood - 45

I'm pretty happy to see
Greed make his return to the storyline, he was always my favourite homunculus and his battle with Bradley was pretty good (Except his last second escape, he was pinned down!) hope he remains in the story till the end.
It's definitely turning out to be one of the factors why I'm enjoying Brotherhood more than the original series.

Also appreciated the change in the ED as everyone gets ready for
the promised day.
Always love changes like that.

Line_HTX

It's because Hayate can feel the wind and knows that it'll carry him back up the flight deck when he jumped off.

And of course, the badass Mirage gave him a stern warning because he deserved it, lol

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Re:Zero

Why does everyone on the internet think Rem is dead permanently the entire premise of the series is that death is cheap.

Shirobako 6

I really liked the look at creative inspiration and motivation in this episode. The subplot of the director struggling to finish his storyboards dovetails nicely with Endou rediscovering what made him take up animation in the first place. The resolution that was found to the CG/2D debate here is an ideal approach that ignores neither the past or the future. I can sense that a lot of the discussions in these episodes are drawn from real discussions people in the industry have had.

Again, I'll say that little touches such as Endou's wife go a long way towards fleshing out these characters and making them feel like real people. In a conversation I had recently there were a couple people claiming that Shirobako was a show solely geared towards pandering to anime megafans who want to fawn over "waifus", but while I'm sure the conceit of the high school anime club alumni girls helped get this project funded, to think that that's all the show's creators wanted to do requires ignoring almost everything about the show itself.

NCR Redslayer

NeoGAF's Vegeta
Shirobako 6

I really liked the look at creative inspiration and motivation in this episode. The subplot of the director struggling to finish his storyboards dovetails nicely with Endou rediscovering what made him take up animation in the first place. The resolution that was found to the CG/2D debate here is an ideal approach that ignores neither the past or the future. I can sense that a lot of the discussions in these episodes are drawn from real discussions people in the industry have had.

Again, I'll say that little touches such as Endou's wife go a long way towards fleshing out these characters and making them feel like real people. In a conversation I had recently there were a couple people claiming that Shirobako was a show solely geared towards pandering to anime megafans who want to fawn over "waifus", but while I'm sure the conceit of the high school anime club alumni girls helped get this project funded, to think that that's all the show's creators wanted to do requires ignoring almost everything about the show itself.
So this was the waifu bait show people were talking about? I thought they were crazy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom