• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer Anime 2016 |OT| Makes Me Happy When Skies Are Grey

Status
Not open for further replies.

Qurupeke

Diamond Is Unbreakable 21
skgaDvW.png
This was the most disgusting thing I've watched in a long time. I guess that was the point though...

Ugh they confirmed my suspicions, so many good moments in Haikyuu wont be adapted.

Today is "Haiku Day" in Japan (August 19 = 8 / 1 / 9 = ha / i / ku), or alternatively, Haikyu!! day. Celebrating this, a Nico webcast prepared for fall's Karasuno Academy vs Shiratorizawa Academy TV anime with a new preview of the volleyball manga adaptation, and the detail that this one will run 10 episodes.

Huh that's what I thought. But now it's confirmed in my mind.

I assume what you are implying is that instead of getting the funding for 24 episodes and making 24, they would get that same funding for 24 episodes but for 10 which is definitely not how it works. Haikyuu is a pretty good looking show anyway so I don't think you would have to worry about that.

Deadly

Thunderbolt Fantasy 7
Shang getting fucked but it was nice to see what he's capable of.
The next episode seems interesting, they're already fighting the big boss and it's titled "the Enigmatic Gale". I'm guessing we finally get to know who Gui Niao really is. Wonder what they've got in store after that since there's quite a few episodes left

I assume what you are implying is that instead of getting the funding for 24 episodes and making 24, they would get that same funding for 24 episodes but for 10 which is definitely not how it works. Haikyuu is a pretty good looking show anyway so I don't think you would have to worry about that.

I was thinking more along the lines of 12/13 into 10, but yea that was my line of thinking.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure Part 4: Diamond Is Unbreakable Episode 21:

Welcome to the new game and the quality of Jojo immediately picks up a hundred fold.

Thing about Haikyuu is that I don't really like the manga art a whole lot. It's been my hang up about picking up the manga.

I think I'm going to have the same problem with Aku no Hana...the anime has such a distinct look that the manga just looks plain and boring, which is completely against what the series is supposed to be.

JoJo's Bizarre Adventure Part 4: Diamond Is Unbreakable Episode 21:

Welcome to the new game and the quality of Jojo immediately picks up a hundred fold.

Is the formal introduction of the main villain really such an immediate increase in quality? This was one of the weaker looking episodes, too.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Thing about Haikyuu is that I don't really like the manga art a whole lot. It's been my hang up about picking up the manga.

I think I'm going to have the same problem with Aku no Hana...the anime has such a distinct look that the manga just looks plain and boring, which is completely against what the series is supposed to be.

Is the formal introduction of the main villain really such an immediate increase in quality? This was one of the weaker looking episodes, too.

Yes, yes it was.

The beginning of the Aku no Hana manga is ugly, but Oshimi's art improves vastly over the course of the series to being quite good by the end. His most recent works, especially Happiness, have very strong art.

Thunderbold Fantasy 7

I wonder why she doesnt change or do the extra stances for her sword style, being stuck on tradition and getting killed is pointless.

Funniest scene though with how her discussion with best boy ended.
CqPUFu0WEAAhIXq.jpg:small

Thunderbolt Fantasy 07

Puppets are the future. I hope Evangelion 3.0 + 1.0 and Kizu Part 3 are puppets.

I'm not Urobotchi's biggest fan or detractor but he is great at snappy dialogue and character interactions.

Ascheroth

Thunderbolt Fantasy #7

That was great. Nice to see Shang in action even though it was forced. Seriously, fuck them. That was so obviously done on purpose, glad he gave them shit in the end. Wonder what's going to happen next.
In any case, I blame Mr. Enigmatic Gale for everything.

DiU #21

Some rough art here and there, but it was glorious nonetheless. Kira is great.

Alderamin #7

Great show continues to be great. Seriously, if you're not watching it yet, you're missing out. Definitely among the best of the season.

That general is such a stupid selfish warthirsty idiot. What kind of moron would incite a rebellion inside his country while it's at war with another one just because he doesn't like a tribe. The sad thing is that it's a pretty believable thing.
I just hope Kanna doesn't die and joins Iktas little group later on.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Alderamin Episode 7:

Finally we get some world building behind those spirits that have been around all this time. Also, we learn about the local area and the differences in religion. Anyway, enjoy the light moments because, yea, shit gets really heavy here. Like holy fuck how did we got from 0 to pitch black kind of deal.

duckroll

Thunderbolt Fantasy - Episode 07

I was wondering why the "plot" seems to be moving so fast, even though this is only a 12 episode series, but this episode seems to answer some questions. It's quite obvious now that the "last boss" isn't really a last boss at all, but our friend GhostBird-kun is a strong candidate for that instead. He assembles a team of villains to help a naive girl who doesn't know much so he can steal the sword for himself, and it's clear he's testing the mysterious wanderer for some reason. Wonder what exciting crazy shit is going to happen next week.

The action sequences are so good. The puppetry is sublime. The dialogue is fun. Butch trying to write about sexism and classism is cute. This reminds me more and more of Fate/Zero lol. This show rocks!

blurr

Thunderbolt Fantasy 07

The Shadow of the Colossus moment was great and boy did it move past the two trials blazingly fast.

Thunderbolt Fantasy - Episode 07

So fast, as others have said. I think in fact it has been the first serious misstep of the series. In half a episode they have cleared two of the tree big trials of their epic journey, which they have been planning around how to solve them? And not only that, the MC was out of character in some scenes, I almost hoped the series would explain it as the effect of the noxious fumes. Why would the be so fearless and offer himself to activate the giant murdery golem? Totally out of character.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
91 Days Episode 7:

I think ever since the main story affair got started this has been edging close to my AOTS. I mean, from a narrative perspective this isn't anything too special other than I am watching it through the lens of anime rather than American live action but its execution has been on-point thus far.

Cornbread78

Alderamin of the Sky ep.7
Yup, it's starting to get nasty and this Lt. General appears to be at the forefront of it all as a war hungry PoS. Ikkun is right on as usual and they will probably get attacked from the flank without that idiot general knowing... This show continues to be one of the best of the season.

Qurupeke

91 Days 7

I don't know. I can't root for Avillo. I hate him so much, he's so manipulative. At this point, I hope he'll be able to kill the Don and then die before killing Nero, on a scene similar to Light's death in Death Note.

RIP Gorilla, RIP fratello.

Hajime no Ippo 15

This two-episode match was probably my least favorite part of the show so far, since it was a simple slugfest and there were way too many cuts back and forth between short snippets of fighting and crowd reactions (including using one mediocre crowd still way too much). But it still had some neat moments and good visuals, particularly when Ippo is knocked down and his final attack on Jason.

Gvitor

Yowamushi Pedal 35

Fuck this demon mode they gave to Shinkai. It destroyed a good character by dragging it down to shitty Midousuji tier.

EDIT:

Ongoing Yowamushi Pedal 36

Fuck this result. Who the hell writes this shitty fanfic

Szadek

which just implies that what we thought was end game isn't likely to be it unless they have like 3 episodes of nothing but end game which is possible I guess.
It's possible that the end game is against Gui Niao.
They probably don't call him a villain for no reason.

In any case they still have to deal with the Phoenix killer at some point.

Jojo: DIU

Jojo has been fantastic lately, then you get the introduction of this "main" villain and it's one of the more boring and badly animated episodes of the season. And people who were bored with it the past few weeks are raving? I feel some level of confirmation bias. The early stuff with his conversations with the hand were funny and creepy, but the rest was sub tier. Plus one scene had Shigeki the size of the door behind him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom