• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer Anime 2016 |OT| Makes Me Happy When Skies Are Grey

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://yurionice.com/en/news/detail.php?id=1039625

Interesting, I don't think a full-english site happens very often?

What's wrong with the girl face!?

Favorite of the cast on the site so far.
chara3Image.png

JulianImp

Danganronpa 3 Despair side ep7

i never thought i was this sensitive to violence, it was really uncomfortable

I'm honestly not feeling this supposedly amazing despair-inducing incident at all. I was expecting Junko to use the animator's ability to brainwash people prior to the incident or something, but what I got instead was a killing game out of nowhere and Junko obviously pinning Izuru as the culprit, which felt almost mundane for a series such as DR.

Honestly, I was expecting more over-the-top craziness from Junko's plans rather than just having the right tools handed to her by sheer luck time and time again, and using her eeeeevil mastermind skills alongside that to get her desired outcome. Mukuro's "Nee-san is now using her unique super-analytic skills" line was so bad it was bad, while simultaneously doing useless exposition that didn't even matter in that scene...

We haven't gotten to the part where Enoshima spreads her despair to the rest of the world, but it honestly feels like the show's running out of steam and isn't actually doing much besides checking boxes. So we learned that Izuru
hadn't actually done that much during Junko's death trial
, and that the academy was so intent on covering its ass that it didn't even think about investigating what the hell was going on, which is downright stupid (I mean, at least assign a team to research it covertly). The student's reaction makes it seem like Junko backed her rumors with solid proof, which would've made tracking her that much easier, and if she had just sent an e-mail full of little more than rumors then it makes no sense that the students would actually trust a stranger such as her in such an unanimous way. Neither outcome makes make Junko look smart, and they rather make both the students and the academy managers a miserable little pile of dumb.

I don't know what others' personal opinions are, but to me it feels like the show decided to use the most stupid and boring content possible to fill in the blanks that the games had left for us...

blurr

Yuru Yuri 09

Ah, a horror-comedy episode, my favorite type of comedy.

I love that the show is less on talk and more on action/visuals when picturing fantasies.

The two new characters are kind of weird even by the show's standards.

Battery Episode 7
Shun is who we always needed, such a refreshing cast member as well as Shugo from Yokote as well. I liked the game end of the episode, the teasing, and Go's efforts of trying to catch. I also liked how they stood and looked to one another, wonder what that means for their Battery.

Go is so moody at times that punch for example, why.

phaze

Naruto Shippuden 473
14714974486774aut8.gif

And there it isI thought I would just be laughing at how bad that asspull was but no. the episode of course had to be even more atrocious then they usually are, I've no idea how you can make a decision to place a 3 minute trite part 1 flashback at the very climax of the fight or just end the ep in that particular place with no pay off to the fight and not commit seppuku at the spot. Won't somebody please think of all those handsome, smart, hard working, family loving people aka Naruto fans ? Save us Yamashita/Norio/Kobayashi.

Taruranto

When they Cry #7

For Hope Academy, this was the most important day in its history. But for Rika, it was Tuesday.

Yeah, this will be on the news for the next 10 days, until the next shooting somewhere else in the world.

Man, this apocalypse things is never going to work for me. I mean, unless we are assume Japan=The entire world.

Also, I'm very confused by the timeline. Where are Naegi and co.? Is the apocalypse one year away still? How can Junko get away with everything without being discovered?

Also... MIND HACK? Are they trying to combine all the worst twists out of here in a single anime?

... is anyone pretending to be multiple people?

Thanks for Hopeman fanservice tho'!

Puzzle and Dragon X 6 Mapple Tree DUB

A nice episode with the cliche MC gains new power, gets a little over-confident and gets saved by the main rival.
+Those Soul Armor transformation scenes are amazing
+The MC is gaining in experience nicely
+the dynamic between all the characters is really nice
+Of course Tamazo is awesome
-A little lame that they don't seem to fight with their armors and that they only seem to give some kind of Leader skill.
-I though that the DROP impact was supposed to be huge and of super mega proportion and yet
Lance seemed to have no problem dealing with the monster?

Cheer boys 4 DUB

I really love how this show progress with each characters. While adding new ones, they use these new characters to develop the existing one. Haru slowly but surely getting over is fear of heights. Haru's and Kazu's relationship keeps getting better.

Tales of Zestiria 3 DUB

Watching it each episode twice makes me really appreciate how the anime put up to the front the best element of a Tales game, the amazing characters. Ufotable is doing such an amazing job. The DUB is also amazing, it brings the show one step higher for me.

Also it there anything more badass and cool then Sorey this season? obviously no.

OixV7Hl.jpg
14f7Wug.jpg

phaze

Hey I watched Naruto today. That's anima asf.

Kaiba ep.7
vanilla-and-chroniko-death-charge.jpg

Vanilla went all out to try and get Chroniko (yeah, he still doesn't know it's a him in a her body) even though he
gave up both his and his mother's lives to save
him. Loved the way they added the musical track in the background to really make it a really good scene. Really good episode..

I remember hating the guy and then that ep came. ;_;

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Can someone explain me this meme?

It's an animated image saved in the Graphics Interchange Format filetype used to express the user's reaction to the situation. In this case, it is one of amusement, so, they have chosen an image of two men laughing to reflect this.

It's an animated image saved in the Graphics Interchange Format filetype used to express the user's reaction to the situation. In this case, it is one of amusement, so, they have chosen an image of two men laughing to reflect this.

It's more... who is the guy on the right.

Qurupeke

Fate/Zero 1

Okay, it's not like I didn't understand anything, but I'm surprised on the amount of different factions, different family names and different characters who were introduced. Also, for half the show they kept mentioning the Holy Grail War but thankfully that Waver guy explained it later. Generally an overwhelming amount of information, though I'm sure it will get better when I'll get used to the characters. Also, before I started watching this, I only knew of Rin, Saber and Archer. One of them is a child, the other two are spirits, that was unexpected, I thought they'd be the main characters.

Anyway, it seems we're missing some summoners for now, but I think I'll be rooting for old Kaneki and his quest to save little Sakura from the worms. Though I liked Waver's overconfidence too. I find it fascinating that the show seems to embrace a grey area and there aren't any villains or good guys, it's different families working for their own reasons. Though I suppose that Tohsaka and Kirei will probably be antagonists because they're allied and they're "The Church" and there's no way that the guy that summoned Saber is bad, I guess he's the main character.

Anyway, certainly a very intriguing start and the episode seemed to finish really fast, despite its length. I'm hooked.

phaze

It's more... who is the guy on the right.

Now that I goggled it, it's apparently fairly heavy drama from Avengers promotion interview that I was completely unaware of. Just my luck.

Fate/Zero 1

I think I'll be rooting for old Kaneki and his quest to save little Sakura from the worms
The only correct choice.

I only knew of Rin, Saber and Archer. One of them is a child, the other two are spirits, that was unexpected, I thought they'd be the main characters.
That they're spirits doesn't mean they don't have important roles.

Wichu

Fate/Zero 1

Okay, it's not like I didn't understand anything, but I'm surprised on the amount of different factions, different family names and different characters who were introduced. Also, for half the show they kept mentioning the Holy Grail War but thankfully that Waver guy explained it later. Generally an overwhelming amount of information, though I'm sure it will get better when I'll get used to the characters. Also, before I started watching this, I only knew of Rin, Saber and Archer. One of them is a child, the other two are spirits, that was unexpected, I thought they'd be the main characters.

Anyway, it seems we're missing some summoners for now, but I think I'll be rooting for old Kaneki and his quest to save little Sakura from the worms. Though I liked Waver's overconfidence too. I find it fascinating that the show seems to embrace a grey area and there aren't any villains or good guys, it's different families working for their own reasons. Though I suppose that Tohsaka and Kirei will probably be antagonists because they're allied and they're "The Church" and there's no way that the guy that summoned Saber is bad, I guess he's the main character.

Anyway, certainly a very intriguing start and the episode seemed to finish really fast, despite its length. I'm hooked.

Fate/Zero is a prequel to Fate/Stay Night. Rin, Saber, and Archer are main characters in that. This Archer is different to the one in F/SN; 'Archer' is his class rather than his name. F/SN had some plot twists about their true identities, hence why the characters call them by class rather than name, but F/Z is fairly straightforward (though it does spoil the Saber twist in F/SN).

As it's a prequel, F/Z kinda infodumps the setup a bit as all the characters are already in the know - it's introduced more slowly in F/SN from Shirou's point of view.

Now that I goggled it, it's apparently fairly heavy drama from Avengers promotion interview that I was completely unaware of. Just my luck.

I have seen him photoshopped in several gifs in the OT side, but I still didn't know the origin. I'm bad with faces so no, I didn't recognize him with the beard :(.

Qurupeke

Fate/Zero is a prequel to Fate/Stay Night. Rin, Saber, and Archer are main characters in that. This Archer is different to the one in F/SN; 'Archer' is his class rather than his name. F/SN had some plot twists about their true identities, hence why the characters call them by class rather than name, but F/Z is fairly straightforward (though it does spoil the Saber twist in F/SN).

As it's a prequel, F/Z kinda infodumps the setup a bit as all the characters are already in the know - it's introduced more slowly in F/SN from Shirou's point of view.

Everyone has said to skip Fate/Stay night, so I guess I'll never find out what I'll be missing. I think Fate/Zero did a decent job with its extensive infodump though, so I don't really mind.

Wichu

Everyone has said to skip Fate/Stay night, so I guess I'll never find out what I'll be missing. I think Fate/Zero did a decent job with its extensive infodump though, so I don't really mind.

F/SN is generally regarded as worse because the characters aren't great (mostly annoying high school kids rather than F/Z's adults). I enjoyed the 2014 version of Unlimited Blade Works, although that was mostly for the pretty fights.

JulianImp

Replying in bold:
Man, this apocalypse things is never going to work for me. I mean, unless we are assume Japan=The entire world. Remember she has the ultimate anime artist on her side, who also doubles as a mass brainwasher. Go go gadget nonsensical plot device that's a really poor analogy of mass media's firm grasp upon the masses!

Also, I'm very confused by the timeline. Where are Naegi and co.? They just joined the academy, but it doesn't matter since all the show cares about is Junko because upupupupu. Is the apocalypse one year away still? It's about to happen, AFAIK. How can Junko get away with everything without being discovered? Because upupupu plot armor. The Academy's supposed to fall because they're idiotic and cover everything up without even investigating incidents themselves, so they're completely unaware of Junko's plans while she's constantly smuggling students, trustees and resources right from under their noses... or something

Also... MIND HACK? Are they trying to combine all the worst twists out of here in a single anime? Most likely, yes

... is anyone pretending to be multiple people? Junko wishes she were Beatrice, though

Clov

Replying in bold:

We don't really know what Junko has planned for Mitarai yet, so I'd say we should wait and see what happens on that front.

The best part of the episode was when the last student council member had both a handgun and a chainsaw, and when confronted by Izuru, chose to attack him with the chainsaw instead of shooting him with the gun. Even if you're panicking, that's a terrible decision!

Taruranto

Butteries #7

Boyfriends fight! Well, more like Gou just punched Takumi. I bet Takumi punches like a girl anyway.

LOL you silly granpa. Where do you think we are?

Also Is Amazon intentionally fucking the script or is this dude totally legit like this?

The match was... meh. The QUALITY and bad animations are really noticeable. It's a shame 'cause Shimura design are top notch as usual.

The development in Takumi/Gou relationship is quite interesting, it seems Gou's has legit problem at receiving.

John Blade

Yeah, that was a good one as well! Just need more of those. It's been awhile since I've watched sobething with a great scene like those.

Yea...still is my favorite romance anime show in my collection. Even more than Clannad even though that show is also good for other purpose. Need to write an impression of it when I have a chance.

Cornbread78

Yea...still is my favorite romance anime show in my collection. Even more than Clannad even though that show is also good for other purpose. Need to write an impression of it when I have a chance.

Looking forwatd to tgat, we never did get your final impressions, lol.

Did it rank high on your list?

Gvitor

Fate/Zero 1

Yeah, whenever I recommend Fate/Zero, I usually say "the first episode is 40min long and 35min of it won't make any sense whatsoever, then you'll start to retroactively make sense of it in the last 5min".

FZ doesn't really start after the second episode if you're new to Fate. Still, it's highly recommended to start (and maybe stop, lol) with Zero since FSN spoils it. Zero spoils FSN as well, but it's better to be spoiled in the latter than in Zero.

cj_iwakura

The UBW show is pretty great, and brings Zero's story full circle.

JulianImp

We don't really know what Junko has planned for Mitarai yet, so I'd say we should wait and see what happens on that front.

The best part of the episode was when the last student council member had both a handgun and a chainsaw, and when confronted by Izuru, chose to attack him with the chainsaw instead of shooting him with the gun. Even if you're panicking, that's a terrible decision!

I'd say her eyes lighting up as soon as Mitarai mentioned all the tricks he could leverage to get his desired reaction out of his audience made things fairly obvious, though.

While another user was put off by the crazy violence in this episode, I felt like it was downright dumb. The student council only showed up now to get themselves killed, and it was stupid that they didn't even try to escape after Junko and Mukuro obviously left them alone to chill out at the security room, with Izuru being little more than an observer.

I was kind of expecting Chiaki's role as the class rep meant she was actually working at the student council or something, which would've at least helped made the event more than just Junko killing some red shirt students nobody cared about to kick-start her master plan.

Cornbread78

More like time to continue something on his "On Hold" list! ;)

That works as well...

Watch more Alderamin of the Sky.

Some day I'll watch Meijin Bone, lol.

I'm going to catch up tonight with some shows while casually watching some Preseason games!
;P

Sounds like a solid plan.

Im litrally the only one watching the only night anime (Saiki Kusuo), and also Daisuki animes (Gundam Wing, finish tomorrow), and Gundam Seed Destiny! Shinn!

Lol, I know you're watching and posting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom