• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer Anime 2016 |OT| Makes Me Happy When Skies Are Grey

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tales of Zestiria the X 8

They used the earth temple theme for Edna's introduction, PERFECTION. Ufotable has yet again did a awesome job with the animation and the music this episode. I really love Edna as a characters and they did really well including her brother, Eizen, in the story.

Sorey is once again a badass, even if the Dragon kicked everyone's butt, It's also interesting to know that the Ladylake's dragon
and Eizen are different.
Game spoiler's
Milkeo using the bow!?
How many bullets those Zaveid has lol? wasn't he limited in the game?
That last skit at the end with Edna saying "I'm the only reason people stayed for 8 episodes" made my laugh quite a bit.

The fight against Betelgeuse went much better than I expected eh? I mean there were casualties but it didn't look like what a boss should have been. I feel like something terrible and disastrous will actually happen to Subaru and his team in the next episode. Otherwise, I won't be satisfied with the conclusion of the battle at all.

Also, Ram at the end though. Why did you not stay in the mansion to protect Emilia, girl? Why did you have to go all the way there and fuck shit up? :|

Active Raid S2 8
4dyU0dC.jpg

PA Works got destroyed in Kuromukuro, and IMS got turned into a donut shop in Active Raid.
Unexpectedly a serious episode this time. Sena ends up bonding with a local illegal immigrant who, of course, ends up being the Willwear villain this time around, with a cliche'd sad backstory and all. Very typical in terms of progression, but Active Raid hardly gets much serious episodes like this so it made for a good change of pace. On a more overall level, it finally fills in some blanks in terms of the political relations between Japan and fictional Carupanuba and what Bird or Inagi have potential to gain from it, as well as give more focus to Sena's insecurities. A pretty good episode overall, I thought.

I didn't bring it up last time, but the updated visuals for the second-half OP are great, instead of the S1 clip show they used for the first half. The sound effects just make it even better.

Cornbread78

Handa-kun ep.8
Poor Handa, always misunderstood, lol. The other school king is no match for his awkward disposition, lol. Looks like hecwon't be bothered again by them though.

Ascheroth

Re:Zero #22

Kirito Beetlejuice makes every episode 10 times better.
Yep, it was great. Really liked how Julius and Subaru kinda 'made up' instead of starting a shitfest once again, like I dreaded at the end of 21. Wilhelms speech was pretty great as well.
Some new stuff about the cultists, but the fight ended a bit too easily for my tastes. I feel like something bad is going to happen..
The end was interesting... I'm curious what that means.

The fight against Betelgeuse went much better than I expected eh? I mean there were casualties but it didn't look like what a boss should have been. I feel like something terrible and disastrous will actually happen to Subaru and his team in the next episode. Otherwise, I won't be satisfied with the conclusion of the battle at all.

Also, Ram at the end though. Why did you not stay in the mansion to protect Emilia, girl? Why did you have to go all the way there and fuck shit up? :|

Didn't Subaru find her
body
at the mansion? I though whoever were at the mansion were completely in the dark about the unfolding events.

Well I guess they sent a note. Might be related?

Line_HTX

Food Wars 2nd Plate 08

GOLLnAE.png

Leonora and Alice act the same, lmao

Preparation episodes are always amazing to see. It's very riveting seeing Soma come up with something for the big Grand Finals in 10 days.

I hope Soma bodies Kurokiba unanimously and knocks him off his stupid high horse. His dumb act is really starting to get super annoying and fuckers like that do NOT deserve to win. This is one of those times where I wish Megumi could challenge him to a Shokugeki and body him 5-0.

Active Raid S2. E8
Man, this episode is super topical given the Syrian Refugee Crisis in Europe. There were parallels everywhere.
Its a shame that Atin ended up being the bad guy though :/

Gvitor

Orange 09

Faces were ROUGH

That said, I enjoyed this episode a lot. I laughed a lot in the umbrella scene, where everyone kept giving lame excuses. Humour in the first half was on point.

I still dislike the main couple though. Can we have Azu x Hagita already?

They calling Kakeru's grandma was a very nice gesture. I really enjoyed those scenes. Probably the first time this show made me care about Kakeru.

I still think he should die.

kewlmyc

Re Zero 22

What the hell was that ending?

Also, Subaru is going to get a spirit like Emilia? Nice.

Just speculation but,
if you look at it from Ram's point of view, he's leading a giant group full of enemy units to the mansion. Doesn't look good considering the last she heard from him, he and Emilia had gotten into a big fight.

I'm hoping that the final few episodes is where all the budget is spent.

That's not how this works. The animation isn't poor because the staff ran out of money to buy good character art; it's poor because scheduling is very tight and so there's no time to spend on polishing if episodes are going to air each week. It's all but impossible for the production to catch up once it starts falling behind.

Gvitor

Just speculation but,
if you look at it from Ram's point of view, he's leading a giant group full of enemy units to the mansion. Doesn't look good considering the last she heard from him, he and Emilia had gotten into a big fight.

That... is a very good interpretation. I'm actually thinking that's the case, now.

Twin Stars Exorcists 20

Not a super fan of how they ended that fight, it made it seems like Rokuro pulled his power-up out of his ass. Also I find it really weird that they decided not to make him fight in his
Kegare-ish form.
In the manga, for this fight
Rokuro doesn't remember how the fight ended since it was his other form that fought Yuto.

But god damn, that ending was sweet as hell. I really love Rokuro and Benio's relaitonship and how they grow to like/love each other. It makes me all happy. Make Benio smile from her heart Rokuro!!!

Eumi

Subaru has a spirit, eh?

(Jojo part 4 manga spoils)
This just further supports my theory that Subaru has Killer Queen: Bites the Dust. I mean, he's the only one who could see the Unseen Hand because stands can only be seen by other stand users. It all makes perfect sense.

Orange - 09

Animation really has taken a dive since a few weeks ago. In spots it looks great, but sometimes you get those weird "motion stills" or funky looking character models.

Aside from that the story is moving forward. Anime teenage awkwardness is at full strength lol.

Didn't Subaru find her
body
at the mansion? I though whoever were at the mansion were completely in the dark about the unfolding events.
Yeah that's why I was so surprised at the ending. Out of all people, Ram was the one I expected to be least involved in this arc. So yeah I had no idea why she was was there and being shady.

Well I guess they sent a note. Might be related?
I wonder what that note was about. But I don't think Crusch will write something bad and suspicious to Emilia after she and Subaru have formed an alliance.

Just speculation but,
But aren't royal candidates prohibited to make war against each other? Yes Subaru brought a bunch of enemy units with him and head to the mansion, but what could he possible do to Emilia, Ram, and the villagers if he was not allowed to harm those people? It is true that Subaru seems to be suspicious af in Ram's eyes, but I don't think that is the reason she used magic (or drug) on him.

Sterok

Aikatsu Stars 20

Tsubasa continues to be coolest S4. Puts in extra work for the movie because apparently the entire rest of the production crew is incompetent. But cliffs are nothing new to her, or at least her voice actress, who last voiced the cliff scaling idol herself. Awesome debut and new song. Great stage too with the race cars.

ReZero - 22

What the heck happened at the end there?!

I really liked this episode. That tease that there are more archbishops only makes me hopeful for further seasons being animated.

3 episodes left :(

Joe Molotov

I forgot that Xam'd even existed. It was just something that vanished over time and forgotten for some reason after a lot of people were excited about it. I think it was the BOOM BOOM SATELLITES song or something.

Xam'd was OMG PLAYSTATION EXCLUSIVE for a while, and as we all know, they never fail to deliver.

manfestival

I think how its funny in anime that everyone has this overly drama gasp and then orgasmic moment when someone says something shocking or unexpected

JCG

Active Raid S2. E8
Man, this episode is super topical given the Syrian Refugee Crisis in Europe. There were parallels everywhere.
Its a shame that Atin ended up being the bad guy though :/

This week is probably the closest Active Raid has ever come to Planetes territory and that was a good thing (unless you disliked the Planetes anime). As much as it is a very silly show, there's a similar critical stance towards the status quo underneath all the gags.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom