• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer Anime 2016 |OT| Makes Me Happy When Skies Are Grey

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thud

XV will do fine, eventhough Square is doing a great job to screw people over.

Danganronpa 3 - Despair side ep 8

It's always hype when Nagito is there.

Another week of waiting fills me with despair.

Jojo's Bizarre Adventure: Diamond Is Unbreakable - 20

Who'd have thought that
the woman who kidnapped and flat-out tried to murder Koichi would end up actually earning his love in the end.

I really like how Part 4 has some Stand users that aren't totally insane murderous psychopaths.

That being said, time to see what this Kira fellow is all about.

Just T

New Game: 9

Lol at Nene in the beginning. Also can't pinpoint exactly what it is but don't really like Rin.

Amaama to Inazuma: 9

What a mixture this episode was. A lot of fun moments but when Kouhei arrived at his empty house and that last scene sucked that fun right on up, all of it was good though.

Amanchu: 8

The first part was straight but rather have the twins with the other characters instead of a focus on themselves, especially with Ms. Kicks-a- Lot, they can keep that. The latter half with Teko and Pikari was way better.

Witchcraft Works 6

CrTtko-XYAQ3N1m.jpg

The visual flight of fancy in the science room was colorful, whimsical, and random enough to give me Kyousougiga vibes. Certainly the most visually impressive sequence in the show so far.

I love the continued squabbles between Kagari and Kasumi, and the ridiculous extremes they go to. Who knew that to make a magic harem show fun, all you needed to do was get Tsutomu Mizushima to direct it?

Cornbread78

Code Geass ep.9
Kellen, you certainly are a special lady. Tgat smack you landed had some serious force to it. You really have to fix that mama situation of yours though. Hopefully, she gets some help in her new locale.

Jojo's Bizarre Adventure: Diamond Is Unbreakable - 21

CrT0lTwWgAAd9Rn.jpg:large

How many Mewtwo jokes were made with this thing?

I can't remember the last time an anime villain disgusted me this much. Poking a hole in a sandwich wrapping and not buying it. Just despicable.

Line_HTX

There really weren't enough Cornelia scenes looking back. She was definitely more competent than a whole lot of other major characters.

Jojo's Bizarre Adventure: Diamond is Unbreakable - 22

Shigechi's death scene was freaking painful to watch. Little guy didn't deserve to go out like that. :(

So uh, did Stand users always get a notification when another Stand user dies? I know Stand users are attracted to one another, but I don't remember that tidbit.

Kira is a fantastic step up from DIO and Kars.

DIO was an egotistical vampire, and Kars a psychotic zombie, but no matter what crazy horrible things they did they always had this colourful flair around them that made them fun to watch and even laugh at sometimes.

There's nothing fun or funny about Kira. This guy's a cold-blooded no-nonsense murderer through and through. He doesn't boast, he doesn't prat on and on about superiority, he just kills because he can, and he makes sure he gets away with it while leaving no trace behind.

All while under the guise of a normal chill dude living down the street who just wants to live a quiet life with a disembodied hand.

Terrifying.

Man I don't think I've ever had the top 3 shows of the year all come in the same season.

This is ridiculous. Also I haven't see the duck speak of MP100, I thought he loved Bones.

Cornbread78

Art Room Problem ep.9
Lololol, the secret tone was found,lol. That was predictible, but hilarious still. "I'm not wearing thise today!" Then the final skit was right out of Sweetness and Lightning on Monday, but was still cute.

NCR Redslayer

NeoGAF's Vegeta
Jojo's Bizarre Adventure: Diamond is Unbreakable - 22

Shigechi's death scene was freaking painful to watch. Little guy didn't deserve to go out like that. :(

So uh, did Stand users always get a notification when another Stand user dies? I know Stand users are attracted to one another, but I don't remember that tidbit.

Kira is a fantastic step up from DIO and Kars.

DIO was an egotistical vampire, and Kars a psychotic zombie, but no matter what crazy horrible things they did they always had this colourful flair around them that made them fun to watch and even laugh at sometimes.

There's nothing fun or funny about Kira. This guy's a cold-blooded no-nonsense murderer through and through. He doesn't boast, he doesn't prat on and on about superiority, he just kills because he can, and he makes sure he gets away with it while leaving no trace behind.

All while under the guise of a normal chill dude living down the street who just wants to live a quiet life with a disembodied hand.

Terrifying.
Boy if I could tell you how much of a jerk jotaro is in the beginning but i dont know the youtube vid.

Cornbread78

Fairy Tale ep.51
Excellent episode about Lucy and her asshole father. She totally kicked ass and took names trying to save him by destroyong all thr dark guild members snd saving the hostages, while completely doin the job by herself. The comedy was on point in this one as well.

Nobody is watching anime again tonight.... It going to be a long 2 months with no DTL posting in here as well..

Fairy Tale ep.51
Excellent episode about Lucy and her asshole father. She totally kicked ass and took names trying to save him by destroyong all thr dark guild members snd saving the hostages, while completely doin the job by herself. The comedy was on point in this one as well.

Nobody is watching anime again tonight.... It going to be a long 2 months with no DTL posting in here as well..

Who is Lucy and why is she taking me.

Well over on my side it is 23:27. Anime hour for me is usually after I eat dinner, so around 19:00. Usually around now is when I wrap up whatever I was playing (Cold Steel in today's case) and then go to bed.

Sterok

Maho Girls Precure 30

So that silly Cinderella episode is actually kind of important. Sure, why not. Summer homework is a pain no matter which world you're in. Nothing to say about Emily's hair stuff. Jun wanting to become an expert on culture is an interesting take on that sort of character. Kay's diary on Mofurun is something I'd actually want to see, as Mofurun is an anomaly even for the Magic World. Riko doesn't have a plan for the future other than be awesome. To be fair, she's busy being awesome now, so it's hard to decide how she'll be awesome years later. Nice to see Kotoha bothered by her powers be above and beyond everyone else. The implication looks to be she's using mugic or whatever it's called. Good on Rabu for actually getting involved this time. Still don't care for him, but next episode looks cool at least, and hopefully the next villains will be good. Until then, Riko and Kotoha continue to be bothered by stuff. So it's up to Mirai to do all the cheering. Not sure I like her being mostly static compared to the other two.

JulianImp

Danganronpa 3 - Despair side ep 8

It's always hype when Nagito is there.

Another week of waiting fills me with despair.

Nagito's actually one of the more interesting characters since he's basically one of the few members of the cast who is actually allowed to freaking move the plot forward. I do like him and all, but at this rate the 77th class might as well
fall to despair
offscreen in between episodes or something.

Cornbread78

Who is Lucy and why is she taking me.

Well over on my side it is 23:27. Anime hour for me is usually after I eat dinner, so around 19:00. Usually around now is when I wrap up whatever I was playing (Cold Steel in today's case) and then go to bed.

Fairy-Tail-1.gif

She's the blond, lol.

Almost finished Cold Steel and eagerly awaiting Tuesday when 2 drops!

blurr

Well, common sense dictates that you just can't, say, give the NES SMB overworld sheet music to an orchestra and have them perform it, because that was made for a very specific set of requirements (2 square waves, a triangle wave and a white noise channel). You have to dissect the music, analyze which parts would fit each instrument/section, and rewrite it from the ground up for their sake, and that also requires knowing which feel the music should have in order to decide which instruments to use, which tempo should be usied, and so on (in the SMB overworld music example, they often go for a latin/caribbean style).

This is sounding increasingly like Translation. Especially in regard to stories and dialogue.

zulux21

fine....

mob psycho 7
they are ruining the brother, I enjoyed him being more supportive. just not a great episode.

mob psycho 8

battle wise this was sweet, plot wise... meh...
at least the next episode should also be pretty sweet, and I don't mind the dynamic between mob and hair guy so hopefully this just results in them saving the brother and him going back to being more supportive and nice.

duckroll

New Shitkai movie after 6 days of release - 2.1 billion yen
Shin Godzilla after 5 weeks of release - 5.6 billion yen

The race sure is heating up... I hope Anno doesn't lose to this hack.

Also, today I found out that the GONZO Mad Max anime Mahiro Maeda was involved with that got canned early on... was going to be a full CG anime lol: http://www.sensors.jp/post/mahiro-maeda-madmax.html

We might have dodged a bullet there.

Squishy3

Danganronpa 3 Despair Arc 1-5

So this already feels way better than Future Arc. Now I've only watched Future Arc up to episode 6 but that doesn't feel very "Danganronpa" if that makes any sense, and I'll still watch it to completion (I suffered through UDG after all and it's nowhere near that bad) but it feels completely different than this and the games.

Also hey look, it's everybody's favorite sequel to Eureka 7!

p4qNAti.png

Szadek

Well, there is nothing worth watching during the week, all the good stuff comes at the end and beginning of the week.

Monster - Ep 39-40
I suppose that is end of that Arc. I don't really get what excatly johans plan was, but it was really good nonetheless.
Looks it's time to learn more about his backstroy, so this should be interesting.
Also, the new character is weird.

Heartcatch Precure - Ep. 8-9
Learning more about the families of Blossom and Marine was very nice and I think that Cure Moonlight showed up for a few minutes.
Dark Precure shows up in the next episode, so that should be very interesting.

Szadek

Currently I have the rather ambitious plan to get 5 mahou shoujo anime into my favorite list, but I'm sure if that is even possible.
Only time can tell, I guess.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Fairy Tale ep.51

I'm actually watching a bunch of anime this month and started it off with.

A couple of episodes of Full Metal Panic!
The first two episodes of Gundam AGE, in memory of DTL.
The first episode of Build Fighters Try.

duckroll

Izetta new PV and staff/cast revealed: http://izetta.jp

Director: Masaya Fujimori (You are Umasou)
Series Composition/Script: Hiroyuki Yoshino
Original Character Design: Bunbun
Character Design/Chief Animation Director: Yuu Yamashita (Bunny Drop)
CG Production: Orange
Art Design: Green
Music: MICHIRU

Opening Theme: AKINO with bless4
Ending Theme: May'n

Animation Production: Ajiado

Ajiado? so they're done with outsource?

Hmm. This could be interesting. I'm fond of Fujimori, but have always been skeptical about the World War II premise. Guess we'll see how it turns out.

Maybe they got enough cred from helping Sunrise with Tribe Cool Crew? Who knows. Anyway it's sad that the director of You are Umasou still hasn't made anything remotely as good since. :(

Have you watched Tribe Cool Crew?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom