• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer Anime 2016 |OT| Makes Me Happy When Skies Are Grey

Status
Not open for further replies.

Exalted

Alderamin 9

Great episode, entirely focused on the war , and things that come with it. The main group has been relocated to the front lines, and thus experienced many new things. They were ordered to burn down civilian villages and forcefully relocate the people in there. The battle in the second part was nice, but i just can't help to think how strange or stupid some of the military strategies were so far. Yatori still Imba.
Sad to see Dein die, he was cool.

CtsSZM0.gif

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Alderamin Episode 9:

That was a long way to go for a masturbation joke but I think it was worth it considering how grim this episode got with its treatise on the horrors and the pointlessness that happens in war. I know a lot of people have problems with the incompetence that is in the leadership position of The Empire but I for the most part do not. Honestly, that is one of the more realistic aspects of the war given that shit happens in real life. Do some reading up on officers of the British Empire and how they got promoted and this will feel right at home.

Nope, I'm in it to win it. Decided on doing two episodes of AGE a day and one of BFT. Then watch as much FMP as I care to.

He's exaggerating.

Age stays good up until the end where it does fall apart sadly, the age-1 arc and age-2 arc were soooo good.

Try is pretty much a animegaf only hate and even then it's a small part of it. It's pretty good and really worth the watch.

phaze

Thunderbolt Fantasy 09

Double logical ruse still incoming huh.

So I guess all these theories about
Shang being some taichi fist master were probably correct.

Ascheroth

Thunderbolt Fantasy #8 & #9

Everyone is an asshole, I love it. Time for Shang to dish out some payback.
A little something I really enjoyed were the following words of the Bones of Creation:
"Displaying your sword technique so frequently that you get renowned for it is the height of carelessness. A sword is at its most vital when its nature remains concealed."
combined with the fact that everyone is pretty sure that Shang is concealing his real strength. Exciting.

JoJo #23

Koichi you dumb fuck, sure was a good idea thinking you know more than Jotaro about Stands. At least he got something out of it. But still. Koichi you dumb fuck.
Sheer Heart Attack is a beast.

Alderamin #9

The brutality and pointlessness of this whole war is pretty suffocating at times.
Pretty sure those caped guys are the ones orchestrating this war behind the scenes. I wonder, are they from Kioka?

Nope, I'm in it to win it. Decided on doing two episodes of AGE a day and one of BFT. Then watch as much FMP as I care to.

Oh dear oh dear oh dear.

Thunderbolt Fantasy is better than whatever anime you're watching. Anime continues to suuuuuuuuuuuuck. Puppets 4 lyfe.

Will Thunderbolt Fantasy actually be eligible for AOTY voting? As "anime" as it may be, and as good as I'm sure it is (I saw a bit of it and will give it a watch some day), it's still a puppet show.

Try is pretty much a animegaf only hate and even then it's a small part of it. It's pretty good and really worth the watch.

Not really. I know several Anitwitters who really dislike TRY. I remember a lot of people in the show's OT disliking it a lot as the show went on as well.

The direction TRY takes is a clear step down from the original GBF.

tuffy

Not really. I know several Anitwitters who really dislike TRY. I remember a lot of people in the show's OT disliking it a lot as the show went on as well.

The direction TRY takes is a clear step down from the original GBF.
The original GBF has loan sharks defeated through Gunpla battle, the Gunpla Mafia, mind control gear passed off as a cosplay outfit, Mao getting the Worf treatment (offscreen!) in order to elevate the F91 pilot, an over-reliance on the Build Knuckle move, and no explanation at all for how Aila winds up where she is at the end of the show.

Try may not reach the same highs as the original show, but it doesn't have the same lows either.

The original GBF has loan sharks defeated through Gunpla battle, the Gunpla Mafia, mind control gear passed off as a cosplay outfit, Mao getting the Worf treatment (offscreen!) in order to elevate the F91 pilot, an over-reliance on the Build Knuckle move, and no explanation at all for how Aila winds up where she is at the end of the show.

Try may not reach the same highs as the original show, but it doesn't have the same lows either.

How are these lows?!? This is the kind of upbeat silliness that TRY didn't have and was worse off for!

Narag

Molester finger kid, Tryon-3 resolution, half-pants/half-shorts wearing Lady Kawaguchi, and the Lucas Nemesis subplot underdelivering to insure Sekai vs Wilfrid are even lower lows.

sonicmj1

You say these like they are bad things.

T-Rex.

Banned
Higurashi 9-14

The timeline is still confusing af but everything else is slowly coming together now. I don't usually watch more than a handful of anime episodes a day but with this I'm actually having to pace myself because if I didn't I'd most likely finish it in one sitting.

Oh and since what is dead may never die, I hope Shion returns since she's my favourite character by far.

duckroll

Will Thunderbolt Fantasy actually be eligible for AOTY voting? As "anime" as it may be, and as good as I'm sure it is (I saw a bit of it and will give it a watch some day), it's still a puppet show.

I already explained this before.

TV AOTY - Puppets.
Movie AOTY - Godzilla.

It's really simple. Anime just can't win. Maybe when they actually start paying people who make it.

tuffy

How are these lows?!? This is the kind of upbeat silliness that TRY didn't have and was worse off for!
Mirai's Gunpla race was the same sort of upbeat silliness, but handled better.
Molester finger kid, Tryon-3 resolution, half-pants/half-shorts wearing Lady Kawaguchi, and the Lucas Nemesis subplot underdelivering to insure Sekai vs Wilfrid are even lower lows.
Lucas Nemesis is pretty much F91 guy all over again - somebody to lose to the main characters' big opponent before the final showdown. Though at least Try can actually have a final showdown between opponents that's not resolved through doubling up on the Burning Knuckle once the mind control gear is out of the way (again).

Joe Molotov

I already explained this before.

TV AOTY - Puppets.
Movie AOTY - Godzilla.

It's really simple. Anime just can't win. Maybe when they actually start paying people who make it.

Wow, just throwing Civil War and Luke Cage right in the dumpster. RIP White People Anime.

Wanderer5

91 Days #8

Well shit.

Corteo of all people is the one to kill Fango was bit of a nice surprise there. So long Fango you crazy bastard.:(

This show has been quite something.

Szadek

Heartcatch Precure - Ep. 10
Dark Precure is so evil she cheats at soccer and makes flowers wither!
In all seriousness, this was one of the best epsiodes so far.
They certainly did a few good job at building up Dark Precure as a villain. SHe defeated Blossom and Marine by staring at them, that's impressive.

Random fabulous guy showed up again as well.What the hell is his deal anyway?

Eumi

S-H-I-T!

The sound design for this weeks episode was top notch. It's great to hear the Stardust theme start playing when Jotaro fights, and the have it drowned out by Sheer Heart Attacks theme once he starts to lose. And the sounds Heart Attack makes, man that's some terrifying stuff.

Also,
Act 3
was fantastic. Can't wait to see more.

/XX/

Geist-

Alderamin 9

Great episode, entirely focused on the war , and things that come with it. The main group has been relocated to the front lines, and thus experienced many new things. They were ordered to burn down civilian villages and forcefully relocate the people in there. The battle in the second part was nice, but i just can't help to think how strange or stupid some of the military strategies were so far. Yatori still Imba.
Sad to see Dein die, he was cool.
I'm so glad I gave this show a shot, it's exceeded my expectations. It felt like that fight was straight out of Dark Souls 3.
Juy880T.gif

Thoraxes

Danganronpa 3: Despair Arc - 07

Hoooolleeeeeee shiiiiit. I mean we knew about this in some capacity from the games, but actually seeing it happen was another thing entirely. And to know it's only going to get more despair-inducing?

Maaaaaan this is really good.

Thud

Berserk 10

Pointless episode. Hai yo is also getting stale.

Diamond is Unbreakable 23

Jotaro teaching Koichi how to Stand. Sheer Heart Attack has no weaknesses. S-H-I-T.

Josuke was just reading some manga while this happened.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom