• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer Anime 2016 |OT| Makes Me Happy When Skies Are Grey

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cornbread78

He did it for Avilio.
Corteo thought if Nero was taken out, Avilio would be able to move on.

Avilio is the piece of shit, and I love him for it.

Lol, Avilio is the true piece of shit, and yeah, that's why he is so great. I huess we'll have to wait and see what his true motives are next week.

While Avilio has basically turned into a villain over the series, it's important to remember Nero isn't a good person.

He did after all order his men to kill a young woman and her child.

Cornbread78

While Avilio has basically turned into a villain over the series, it's important to remember Nero isn't a good person.

Not only that, but he also
was in on the murder of Avilio's family, which set the whole story moving.

Yeah, they are all assholes now, lol.

Possibly, but not saying anything further was a shitty way of showing it.

It's hard to tell since the scene flew by pretty quick without much explaination.

kewlmyc

I don't think anyone is arguing against that. :p

It's a mafia story, so pretty much everyone in this story is a piece of shit in some way, shape, or form. There was only like one remotely innocent person in this story
and now they have blood on their hands and are as good as dead most likely.

Lautaro

Speaking of 91 days, I wonder if we'll get
a new police antagonist now that Scusa is dead, maybe one with no family? I don't know what's gonna happen to Fango's people, I guess they will be disbanded or absorbed and maybe the increase in power of the Vanetti will force the Galassia family to intervene
... this fkn show is my favorite of the season.

Line_HTX

Macross Delta - 15

Damn that speech from Lloyd sure was great, no wonder the Windermerians hate humans so much. I always enjoy me an episode that opts to focus on the villains to try and flesh out their goals and motives a bit more (Like Bogue's
entire family being murdered
) though I'm not sure what the end goal here is for Lloyd, who seems to have taken this opportunity to take control of the kingdom in the absence of the
late king
, totally misread his character.

Dude hid his ulterior motive pretty well for the most part. I wouldn't be shocked if he did a complete takeover.

GUNDAM BUILD FIGHTERS Episode 2

Nicely animated action. Great OST. Likable heroes.

Face game is on point too.

FACE.png
GAME.png
POINT.png

Baby Steps S2 10-12
download_1.png

This was a good moment.

A few things about this matched irked me, but I was actually on the edge of my seat when it finally finished. Baby Steps is really only Maruo's story, but I really like Araya as a character. You get a good feel of his rather straightforward nature, but how he's learned to dial it back a bit.

One Piece 755

Continues the recent (and very welcome) trend of One Piece episodes being good. At this rate I may have to resurrect my ancient tradition of watching One Piece on Sunday mornings when I eat breakfast.

May I ask where this arc and/or string of good episodes started? Screens of episode 754 make me want to watch that one, but if there's episodes leading into it that are worth watching I'd like to do that as well.

jbug617

Banned
May I ask where this arc and/or string of good episodes started? Screens of episode 754 make me want to watch that one, but if there's episodes leading into it that are worth watching I'd like to do that as well.

751 (Zou Arc)
I do like the end of Dressrosa Arc also (Ep 736-740 and 743-746)
Ep 747-750 are filler

Cornbread78

Rewrite ep.10
Oh my, I was not ready for that ending! That was a crazy fight that had a devestating outcome. Everything is super crazy right now and it has gotten very interesting as to how they sre going to finish this off.

Amanchu! 9

I liked the ending to this episode but I don't really understand what the problem even was in the first place. Teko could still look at her pictures if she moved them from her phone's memory to the memory card...right? Sentiment is a major focus of shows like this and Aria but I can't grasp why this was making her so sentimental and emotional. Or I do grasp it and just don't buy it.

The issue I think is that photos that are on the memory card cannot be loaded by the phone as random wallpapers/lock screens and that is the only way she look at her photos, thus making her think she will forget about them after a while. I agree though that spending an episode on this is just overkill, that should have been a half-episode story or something like that.

blurr

Thunderbolt Fantasy 09

Well, this went places and I'm quite impressed. Interesting debate on individual ideologies for doing what they do but their reasons are playing safe/being vague.

Love Live Sunshine 10

A rollercoaster of emotions for me, because I was sitting on the edge of my bed thinking Chika was going to pull the same bullshit Honkers and Kanan did... and she probably did, but Riko was being a savior trying to avert shit. Of course, it led to the third ending...

You will be the final boss, no longer just being the background character whose primary role was to be a swimsuit model, but now actively getting involved with the Chikabowl considering she officially lost to Riko who confessed her feelings to Chika since Sunrise is shipping these two hard. Of course, I think ultimately, despite not falling into the same exact trap Kanan did, she might have pulled a Honkers since her "talk" effectively messes with Aquors goals. But that's love for ya!

EDIT: Been discussing this for realz on the twitter and came to a painful realization to how it might play out. And it will be really painful for me to watch it if it pans out the way I expect it because it'll be rather on the nose on how relatable it is to me. The PV kind of enhances that feeling as well.

Sterok

Aikatsu Stars 21

And now Four Star Academy is practically a boot camp. Starlight sent you to one if you sucked. Here the girls are put through the ringer just for the heck of it. The staff putting them through all that when it's rigged for Laura to win seems cruel. Yeah making them feel failure is important and all, but if Laura is so good she'll coast to victory anyway and achieve the same result without any BS. I must say Yume almost thinking her hard work for those three days was pointless when her rival is simply better was an effective scene. There was the sense she was about to give up. But of course she's not the type for that. She put in the work and the staff were rigging it, so I actually don't mind Yume's super power kicked in and gave her the win anyway. I thought Popcorn Dreaming was only for the movie.Well, good song anyway. Now what is the issue with Yume's power? Kills her ability to sing if she uses it too much?

blurr

Densha Otoko

I had been putting off this movie for the longest time and I'm glad I got around to watching it now. True story or not that was a very well done romance drama. Internet anonymous message board culture was integral to the story and it was also visually used in relaying it very well. Highly recommend it.

Aki-at

Dude hid his ulterior motive pretty well for the most part. I wouldn't be shocked if he did a complete takeover.

He's been a great character and I guess he's the primary antagonist? I don't even know if he really is evil or if he has an ulterior motive trying to bring everyone together. He's really jumped up a notch the last few episodes.

pbayne

Gundam 0083 Stardust Memory…

Is a Gundam show that I watched. Ehhhhh?
Honestly I would not be surprised if I forgot the majority of this in two months time. There is almost nothing memorable or unique about this entry. It achieves the bear minimal to hold your interest but id suggest skipping this one.

-Some of the characters and sub-plots are woefully underdeveloped. Especially Nina, I had no idea what the fuck she was doing for the last 4 episodes or so. Or that Monsha sub-plot that just fizzles out for no reason.
+Some of the fights are really well animated. And the mech designs are nothing great but OK.
-But there’s nothing inventive or unique about the action itself. Just standard beams, explosion blah blah.

-Despite being built up for almost the entirety of the show, I couldn’t care less about Kou and Gato’s rivalry. Because there is no reason to care it, they have no personal connection or no clash of ideals. They just so happen to be two people on opposite sides.
-Haman Karn, who I think is one of the coolest characters in Gundam, shows up for a cup of coffee and fucks off, never to be seen again. What a waste.
+I guess it was interesting to see an event that lead to the advent of the Titans.

Overall: I struggle to think of anything much to even write about this. Only watch it if you truly want to see all of the Gundam anime out there but otherwise give it a pass.

Oban Star Racers

Proof that France produces the best anime.

Crocodile

Under the Dog - spoilers ahead

Poor Hana, she died for nothing ;_;

Anyway, I was finally able to check this out. This was some ANIME ass ANIME.Why was there a random monster in the school? Why was it that kid's dad (though I and I assume most people called that twist ages ago)? What was so special about that boy - he had Pandora but seemed on track to not become a monster (before the ending LOL)? What even is Pandora and where did it come from? Do the Flowers (including Hana and Anthea) have Pandora (because it seems they do)?

I will also say I'm surprised by how pedestrian this all looks stylistically. Kind of disappointing :/

What was backers reaction to this? Were most backers satisfied?

Orange 10

The animations this was actually alright this time, compared to the previous two episodes.
Give me 5 seasons and a movie of Hagita x Azusa
Suwa continues to be best bro/wingman of all time

NCR Redslayer

NeoGAF's Vegeta
Under the Dog - spoilers ahead

Poor Hana, she died for nothing ;_;

Anyway, I was finally able to check this out. This was some ANIME ass ANIME.Why was there a random monster in the school? Why was it that kid's dad (though I and I assume most people called that twist ages ago)? What was so special about that boy - he had Pandora but seemed on track to not become a monster (before the ending LOL)? What even is Pandora and where did it come from? Do the Flowers (including Hana and Anthea) have Pandora (because it seems they do)?

I will also say I'm surprised by how pedestrian this all looks stylistically. Kind of disappointing :/

What was backers reaction to this? Were most backers satisfied?
I read some people here say they didnt like it.
But damn was it anime.

Line_HTX

This Art Club Has A Problem 07

Yeah, I think I'm going to not continue with this. I'm so tired of Usami and it really did not help that Imari is one of those God fucking awful Chuunibyous.

Sorry, Nana Mizuki teacher and OP singer and Nao Toyama.

Qurupeke

Re: Zero 23

Damn it...
I suppose the timeline won't reset before the whale. Maybe before Betelgeuse though.

Ram, EMT and no Rem. Good episode.

Cornbread78

Qualidea Code ep.9
Awwe, how cute. I guess this confirms what Onii-chan figured out last week.
[I grt tgat it's an alternate world, but they kill each other?/quote] sobething with that doesn't make sense at all, but hopefully they get into it next week.

kewlmyc

Re:Zero 23

Called it last week. :D

Wasn't expecting that ending. Guess Subaru really is connected to the Sloth convent in some way. Yeah they succeeded, but Subaru got possessed, most of the villagers are dead, and Emilia is even more hated by the villagers that survived. It's like beating the final boss, but you lost most of your party and items in the process. A shallow victory. Guess it's time for a reluctant reset.

I'm also interested in why a blank letter was sent to Ram. Is there a traitor on Crusch's side? Who was it who wrote the letter in the first place? I don't remember.

Exalted

Re Zero episode 23

WTF, that ending :eek:
Things really didn't go as planed, and what happened in the village was really messy. Was nice to see Emilia finally back in action. But damn the last few minutes of this episode.
Hope it's not an another reset, there are too few episodes left.

T-Rex.

Banned
Re:ZERO #23

EMT gang, but also holy shit what a fucking episode.

That (albeit possessed) heel turn. BAH. GAWD. Wonder which point will be the reset?

Edit:
The possession has to be related to him picking up the gospel. Also it was pretty cool seeing how gutted Julius and Felis were over having to kill him, just shows how far Subaru has come.

kewlmyc

Re Zero episode 23

WTF, that ending :eek:
Things really didn't go as planed, and what happened in the village was really messy. Was nice to see Emilia finally back in action. But damn the last few minutes of this episode.
Hope it's not an another reset, there are too few episodes left.

The cult is dead, but Subaru and most of the village are also dead. Reset is inevitable. Just depends on when it'll reset to.

Re: Zero 23

Wait. No. Huh, what!? But everything was fine everything was solved! Subaru wasn't a shit this episode and actually did things wisely for once! It was great to see Emillia show she doesn't fucking need Subaru there to hold her hand and its great he saw that.
But then the more I thought about it the more things seems to go a little too smoothly. Of course Sloth had an ace ready, problem is when and how did he set i up to be played.

Is it just me or does the OP play in episodes Subaru dies now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom