• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer Anime 2016 |OT| Makes Me Happy When Skies Are Grey

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cornbread78

So I am now on Ep 23. of TTGL. I may finish it today and report my overall feelings on it. So far though, I actually liked KlK more but we'll see.

What should I watch afterwards? Looking for a change of anime pace actually. Maybe something focused on general day-to-day life or something similar to TTGL/KlK. Any suggestions AnimeGAF?

Watch Barakamon or Working (for Slice of Life stuff!)

91 Days 9

I want to protect Nero's smile.

I wonder how
him not even shooting at Avilio's family will affect things.

Ascheroth

So I am now on Ep 23. of TTGL. I may finish it today and report my overall feelings on it. So far though, I actually liked KlK more but we'll see.

What should I watch afterwards? Looking for a change of anime pace actually. Maybe something focused on general day-to-day life or something similar to TTGL/KlK. Any suggestions AnimeGAF?

I'd recommend Mushishi for a change of pace. It's an episodic supernatural slice-of-life show that just oozes atmosphere.

Szadek

Looks like a DVD got leaked, that's how they're watching it. And 75k people is an awful lot for a movie. I think it'll stay at the top for some time.
It only got scored by about 5000 people, so there is more than enough room for change.

DiGiKerot

Doubt this will make it to UK cinemas so it'll be a long wait for me. Looks great, though.

Probably depends who picks it up, honestly. It wouldn't actually shock me if it got at least a small cinema run - the new Shinkai movie is, and it's also the kind of movie that attracts the attention of some of touring film festivals (wouldn't shock me if it ended up as part of the Japan Foundations tour like Anthem of the Heart did).

G697Cp4.jpg

That said, I'm sorted!

(I'm in Glasgow for the entire prior weekend too, because I'm daft)

Szadek

Monster - Ep. 43
What the fuck is happening?
Is Nina killing all these people and if so why? I was so happy to see her again and now this.

blurr

Arakawa Under the Bridge 01

I was excited about watching this but wasn't in the best of my mood and I had little idea of what the show is about. Arakawa managed to draw quite a few laughs from me not long after it started. It built comedy on loose or maybe ridiculous philosophies and further amplified them with surrealist characters surrounding the relatively more grounded lead character Ichinomiya Ko.

Ko's frantic voice was instantly familiar as was his personality - it's Itoshiki Nozomu from SZS. On that note, Arakawa's comedic delivery and pace is much like SZS. The music in coherence with the comedic segments along with the sharp cuts sometimes featuring great layouts make for a great style which often gave a good rhythm to it in congruence. That is something I hadn't felt when watching SZS.
It's a good first impression, I only wish I was in a better mood when watching it.

Clov

Yeah, it's Takeshi Koike and the rest of the Jigen staff again.

That's great news! I'm sure they'll deliver another exciting and well animated film.

Hopefully they can manage to avoid any... bizarre scenes involving Fujiko this time. I felt that was a pretty big blemish on what otherwise was a fun action movie.

Garo The animation 8-11

These last few episodes were much better. Including Alfonso in the main group was definitely a plus. Since while I like his design Leon isn't really a protagonist I like so far. So having someone I like, Alfonso, in the team really helps.

We also had a 2 really great fight, probably the 2 best ones yet, in episode 9 and 11. The fight against the Gate Horror and the fight VS Bernando. What made them better in my opinion was that 9 had great 2d vs 2d animation and 11 had great CG vs CG animation.

I guess I had to complain to find enjoyable episodes right after, hopefully it keeps it up.

Also I now notice Justin Briner voices most of my favourite characters from recent shows I watched.

Izuku(MHA), Elam(Arslan), Mikaela(Seraph), Qwenthur(Heavy object), Alfonso(Garo)

He's doing an awesome job too.

Gvitor

Soma 2x11

Best girl got a rushed episode. I know this was going to be one episode only judging by the season's pacing and the remaining episode count, but still.

Szadek

Monster - Ep. 44
WUT!?!?
Johan crossdressing as Anna/Nina is not something I saw coming.
The twist is a bit of astrech and probably works better in written from, but it was still well done nonetheless.
Suk is now probably done for as well.

Love Live Sunshine 11

All that drama you were expecting? Amounted to nothing much. Was resolved in this episode... sort of... which I say because it felt like nothing.

Mari apparently thought Riko and Chika were the first two to join, which obviously means that everyone notices Chiko pairing stuff happening, and Riko subduing You because she understands Chika. .... that being said, You did consider leaving.... and was prevented from leaving and reveals yet again.... 3rd years are pretty damn weak. They get physically manhandled by the 1st and 2nd years.

Soma S2 - 11

I actually wouldn't mind if the show's formula was this with the stagiaires. Having the students go into various restaurants and trying to make them better while partnering up is awesome and shakes off of the shokugeki/competition loop that we have been seeing since episode 1 of the first season.

Just about to jump into ReLife, sounds promising. You guys like it?

I liked it a lot, and the majority vote from those who watched it here is the same. I am actually reading the manga weekly now, since it does the good old "please read the source material for more" ending.

phaze

Casshern Sins 08-12

Still enjoying this. The combination of the otherwordly backgrounds and sorrowful music makes for some really combo, one that I sometimes think I'd be able to eat up even without anything else. The writing in itself isn't maybe anything that special, it's indeed frequently awkward and heavy handed but the subject matter itself, responses of various peoplerobots to the imminent death is interesting and makes good material for episodic material, while all the while thankfully slowly dropping info on the state of the world, its history and Casshern's past. Between Dio, Braiking and Luna (is it me or does she have two distinct hair colours ?) and those quick scenes at the beginning of every episode they're so committed to, there's clearly some neat mindfuckery going on and I'm loving it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom