• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer Anime 2016 |OT| Makes Me Happy When Skies Are Grey

Status
Not open for further replies.
What would it take to get Ufotable to produce full TV series for all the Trails games in chronological order, with the production values of FateZero/UBW/GodEater/ToZ?

I'm not sure why you would want this, given that so much of the charm of Trails is the NPC dialogue which would be mostly impossible to properly translate into a TV series.

jgminto

The negative reactions to the new trailer are ridiculous. Grown adults getting upset over an artistic change (and a good one at that) for a product tie-in television show aimed at children is just sad. I might try to watch XY before this, that seemed like a solid season overall.

People's general impression of Pokemon's new artstyle+I always have a problem knowing if people are just spouting sarcasm or speaking truthfully most of the time here.

If you were not I am sorry.

I'm someone who likes fun animation, and this has it in spades. Cartoony looseness, smeary action, bouncy character motion, dynamic action - what's not to like? Unless you hate fun and want to see Ash as an angsty older teenager.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Yeah, it's a pretty great disc by them! It's been around three years since that one came out, though.
I guess they don't really care anymore. Or they know it doesn't really sell anything when they can just put out a barebones release instead.

The K-ON movie is the only Sentai disc I know of that comes with so much extra material.
IS, Croisse, Dusk Maiden, Maria Holic... probably a few other random releases, had quite a few Japanese features on them. But yeah, the Keion disc is probably the most extensive.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
A 30 year old Ash who has to come to terms that his quest to record every single Pokémon in the Pokédex will never end.

"You mean there's another country with another 100 different 'mon? Why is no one else recording these things?"

Ascheroth

I remember watching Pokemon, Digimon, Doraemon, Beyblade, Yu-gi-oh, Evangelion, Detective Conan, Shin-chan... Plus a lot more that I am just not remembering at a very, very young age. Like From 5 to 12 or so years of age. I watched a shitload of anime, it was all dubbed too. But again, all of it was cartoons to me. It was when I moved to Canada at 14 that I learned that all of these shows that I loved were "anime". I googled something akin to "best current anime" and Soul Eater was on that list. I ended up watching that and Code Geass as it aired. That's where it all began for me.

I basically grew up with anime. Dragonball/Z, One Piece, Detective Conan, Digimon, Pokemon, Yu-gi-oh!, Beyblade, Naruto, Inuyasha and probably a lot more.

Honestly, I watched Soul Eater with Toonami maybe 3 years back and the first half holds up great. It's only when it diverges from the manga that it really starts to get iffy.

It's funny too because the manga art style is total garbage not to many people's tastes and it really was Bones that leant it this amazing artstyle and music identity to it that really elevated it in my eyes.

I'll have you know that I really like the manga artstyle! I'm actually not sure if I even watched Soul Eaters second half, but I have fond memories of the first.
YkAlXJD.jpg

Deadly

Fate Kaleid Liner PRISMA ILLYA 3rei!! 11
Why does it always feel like every battle Archer/EMIYA wins is always by a complete asspull in every iteraition of the Fate universe he shows up in? This time it was even worse because there were technically two of them asspulling throughout the episode. Despite that though I did enjoy this episode and I'm curious about Archer's thoughts on what the Ainsworths are doing really were. I suppose we'll find out next episode.
I wouldn't exactly call that a win for him. Keep your expectations down though Emiya's backstory just finished in the manga. If it gets animated it'll be 3rei herz or something and then we wouldn't get anything for a LONG LONG time.

Cornbread78

So fu(king angry right now; gotta vent

When I create OT's I always save them in my work e-mail (spell check, etc) and I had been storing a couple game OT's that I worked on over the summer while it was slower in the office (fall through march is crazy time) that were coming up this fall and were pretty much done, but didn't realize they added a time limit to the "draft" folder and they were deleted after 90 days..... @#$^%&^$%&$%&$&$&$^&^$#&(*)&*(.. Damn I.S team and their storage BS... $%##&

so angry..

tumblr_np340qFCEw1tiivhqo3_500.gif

I'm someone who likes fun animation, and this has it in spades. Cartoony looseness, smeary action, bouncy character motion, dynamic action - what's not to like? Unless you hate fun and want to see Ash as an angsty older teenager.
Don't ask me since I agree with you 100%, ask all those angry fans saying Ash looks dead.

appaws

Banned
On behalf of my wife (who is a huge fan) and myself...

...anyone have any idea if and when we might see Yona of the Dawn come back for a season 2...?

Cornbread78

...anyone have any idea if and when we might see Yona of the Dawn come back for a season 2...?

no idea, but it's not soon enough!

Speaking of waiting for a required continuation....

They give us some beautiful images
eXj0HUc.jpg

and some really deep conversation:
4rnDRkw.png

Then started to drop the bombs:
okXDkdO.png

And now....... That wait continues over a year later. WTF! That OVA of a side date is not enough!!

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
So fu(king angry right now; gotta vent

When I create OT's I always save them in my work e-mail (spell check, etc) and I had been storing a couple game OT's that I worked on over the summer while it was slower in the office (fall through march is crazy time) that were coming up this fall and were pretty much done, but didn't realize they added a time limit to the "draft" folder and they were deleted after 90 days..... @#$^%&^$%&$%&$&$&$^&^$#&(*)&*(.. Damn I.S team and their storage BS... $%##&

so angry..

tumblr_np340qFCEw1tiivhqo3_500.gif

Sorry man :(

That's what the OVAs will be for!

I'll take an Anton and Ricky spin-off series, thank you.

We're currently in the middle of a 2-part OAD that's coming out bundled with the manga - the first episode came out on August 19 and the second episode will come out on December 20. If a second TV season is in the works, it'll be announced after that for sometime in 2017.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Sorry to hear that Corn.

Wish I could be so prepared. I leave things to the last minute and make a thread the day before.

What would it take to get Ufotable to produce full TV series for all the Trails games in chronological order, with the production values of FateZero/UBW/GodEater/ToZ?

I would love to see a proper anime adaptation of the series, especially if it could somehow manage to avoid the pitfall of every other video game adaptation.

Just so long as they could incorporate plenty of the NPC's stories into the show in a meaningful way.

Cornbread78

Sorry man :(
Dang.
No Google Docs at work?

I probably could but using those types of sites/formats is pretty much shunned at a company that is scared to death of HIPAA and data security.

Just takes a few hours to put them back together. Thankfully, I'm pretty sure all the images are already saved and stored in imgur, so it's just a matter of the text, links, and organization....

still angry and hope I have enough time to put everything back together with work really picking up.

Sorry to hear that Corn.
Wish I could be so prepared. I leave things to the last minute and make a thread the day before.

Speaking of, you start the next masterpiece OT yet?

I would love to see a proper anime adaptation of the series, especially if it could somehow manage to avoid the pitfall of every other video game adaptation.

Just so long as they could incorporate plenty of the NPC's stories into the show in a meaningful way.

The only way I could feasibly see this happening was if it was a mega OVA series a la Gundam Unicorn or Giant Robo.

A TV series just wouldn't work unless it went the long-running route of most shounens, but even then I'd say that'd be less than desirable to fit everything in.

The only way I could feasibly see this happening was if it was a mega OVA series a la Gundam Unicorn or Giant Robo.

A TV series just wouldn't work unless it went the long-running route of most shounens, but even then I'd say that'd be less than desirable to fit everything in.

52 episodes plus per game.

Eumi

If those 12 episodes were one hour long, then yeah, maybe.
There's a lot of fluff in CS1. I'm not sure 12 is enough, but it's definitely doable if you cut out all the pointless stuff. Like
Bleublanc.

Of course at that point, it wouldn't be worth watching as it would have lost its best character.

There is quite a lot that you could skip. Again it would remove the charm the series has but it would still be pretty coherent and have a pretty damn decent plot.

Cornbread78

I think you all lack imagination. FC can be easily done in 12 episodes. SC in 26. CS1 seems very doable in 12 episodes too.

Yeah, I'm on #Team24 for CS1. There is a LOT of content there that even the game skims over at times. Each field study event could be a 4 episode arc alone. Even cut those down to 2 episodes and you are already at a full season without adding any of the school or character events.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom