• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer Anime 2016 |OT| Makes Me Happy When Skies Are Grey

Status
Not open for further replies.

NCR Redslayer

NeoGAF's Vegeta
Is Grimgar complete trash? I was thinking of adding it to the 2016 backlog. I remember mostly negative impressions at the start and some production mistakes later.
The world is honestly worse than the world of Berserk. Also it has the things that ruined SAO.

And damn it i keep getting BL ads on mobile.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
good taste im@s:
miki, haruka, chihaya, ami, mami, iori, ritsuko, kotori
bad taste im@s:
takane, makoto, hibiki, azusa, yayoi, yukiho
hth.

Gvitor

Pokémon Generations 1&2

This was really great. Clearly made by passionate people who played the games or at the very least researched them greatly. From the pokémon cries to the soundtrack and choices of areas in the 1st episode, everything worked. I wish this team got resources to produce at least 1 cour of 20min episodes. I'd settle for Alola's story even, whatever that may be.

blurr

Man, so much catching up to do now that I haven't been able to frequent this place.

Code Geass ep.22

WTF...HOLY SHIT, LOLOLOL... I can't breath.. LOLOLOLOL... WTF. Baka Lelouch, baka, baka, baka..
CC and her shitty Geass powers
got all of the "Japanese/Elevens"
mass murdered

"I have a request,
can you all die?"

" I was hoping you could all commit suicide, but I guess you can't"

That was TERRIBLE, but OMFG, I'm glad I can laugh at this since it's so over the top. I'm so glad that didn't get spoiled for me ahead of time.

hahaha, this was beautiful

good taste im@s:
miki, haruka, chihaya, ami, mami, iori, ritsuko, kotori
bad taste im@s:
takane, makoto, hibiki, azusa, yayoi, yukiho
hth.

where be the CG girls

Chase17

Pokémon Generations 1-2

I was not prepared for animal noise pikachu. Enjoyed the reveal of the 2nd episode that they had just missed Giovanni/Red battle.

Good start for these shorts.

Pokémon Generations 1-2
Felt like more love for pokemon went into this than some full seasons of the mainline anime series. Unfortunately this is like a slider burger, absolutely delicious but too small of a bite to be very filling and leaves you wanting more.

Qurupeke

Pokémon Generations 1-2

It's like giving you a delicious dessert and then taking it back after the first bite. They're too short. Nevertheless, quite pleasant and it looked very good. A more animal looking Pikachu was a surprise.

Sterok

Full Moon wo Sagashite 51

It's all led up to this. All the people who have defined Full Moon's career, and all of her fans. Everything for one last concert. Even Izumi is moved by what's happening. Probably the definition of bittersweet.
Takuto losing his memories during the concert is sad, but possibly the most appropriate time it could have happened. And now, fate.

Baalzebup

Code Geass ep.22

WTF...HOLY SHIT, LOLOLOL... I can't breath.. LOLOLOLOL... WTF. Baka Lelouch, baka, baka, baka..
CC and her shitty Geass powers
got all of the "Japanese/Elevens"
mass murdered

"I have a request,
can you all die?"

" I was hoping you could all commit suicide, but I guess you can't"

That was TERRIBLE, but OMFG, I'm glad I can laugh at this since it's so over the top. I'm so glad that didn't get spoiled for me ahead of time.
Ah, you've reached the point where Geass became truly legendary. That episode is the shit when seen unspoiled. In many ways, that and the first half of the next episode are the pinnacle of Code Geass, barring perhaps the finale of R2, which is still a very powerful moment for me, no matter how many times I've re-watched it.

NCR Redslayer

NeoGAF's Vegeta
Ah, you've reached the point where Geass became truly legendary. That episode is the shit when seen unspoiled. In many ways, that and the first half of the next episode are the pinnacle of Code Geass, barring perhaps the finale of R2, which is still a very powerful moment for me, no matter how many times I've re-watched it.
Nothing is better than that scene in code geass where
she picks up the machine gun.
That is the epitome of anime misunderstanding.

Pokémon Generations 1&2

This was really great. Clearly made by passionate people who played the games or at the very least researched them greatly. From the pokémon cries to the soundtrack and choices of areas in the 1st episode, everything worked. I wish this team got resources to produce at least 1 cour of 20min episodes. I'd settle for Alola's story even, whatever that may be.

There don't appear to be credits available for these shorts, unfortunately, but I believe the concept of Generations is an anthology series, where each short is done by different directors/animators/studios/etc. So there isn't one unified team.

There don't appear to be credits available for these shorts, unfortunately, but I believe the concept of Generations is an anthology series, where each short is done by different directors/animators/studios/etc. So there isn't one unified team.
Hmm that would suggest the quality could wildly vary, right?

Eumi

Regigiget off my damn lawn!

These'll be pretty fun shorts I think. Looker chasing down Giovanni is a great little idea and I hope the rest will follow suit.

Pokemon Generations - 1 & 2

This was awesome. It's gonna be really cool seeing these other sides of the Pokemon World. They may be short, but at least it's two episodes a week.

I hope we get the Red V.S. Gold fight.

Chase17

Pokemon Generations - 1 & 2

This was awesome. It's gonna be really cool seeing these other sides of the Pokemon World. They may be short, but at least it's two episodes a week.

I hope we get the Red V.S. Gold fight.

I think this will probably be the only time we get two episodes in one week unfortunately

Exalted

Thunderbolt Fantasy 11

Looks like the initial party completely collapsed, and they have now turned on each other for their own benefits. Not really surprised that Shang failed , his acting was terrible :p

Diamond is Unbreakable 25

mvQGmj3.jpg
yKEV4BW.jpg
Irne4Y3.jpg

Araki returns to his classic horror vibe! Kinda. I always thought this arc was kinda weak and Atom Heart Father isn't that exciting of a Stand so its good we got through it fast since the next fights are masterful. Still, DP doesn't bother to slouch even on weaker sections. I really like how the introduction to Kawajiri was done at the beginning and end though.

Looking forward to next episodes hilarious change of pace.

Sterok

Full Moon wo Sagashite 52

A beautiful final concert. Honestly I thought I'd be pissed if they went against the premise and let Mitsuki live, but after everything she went through I'm happy to see her fate changed. Meroko becoming an angel is an interesting turn of events, but everything she did was for Mitsuki and Takuto, so in a way it fits. Takuto coming back to life feels like some sort of cop-out though, even if I like Mitsuki having a happy ending.

Well, that was quite a ride. Final thoughts later.

Pokemon Generations 1-2

The classic Game Boy intro in episode 1 was cool. Can't be too long before they remake Gen 1 again with the success of Pokemon Go. Pikachu making mouse noises is pretty weird though. Regigigas is even lamer cuz he didn't sound like this

2nd episode was lame tho, aside from using some Pokemon to do tasks like Magnemite opening up doors. Not like the 1st episode was amazing but it had slick transitions and some cool animation

blurr

Danganronpa 3 Despair 10

The world was rendered in chaos, followed by the creation of a school killing game - the root of which is an ultimate embodiment of despair along with 14 agents of despair.

It's funny how the death of the ultimate gamer triggered the existence of the agents of despair, followed by the whole sequence of events. Is this meta narrative about the existence of the anime? lol, by that logic Enoshima Junko is Kazutaka Kodaka.

It was really painful to watch honestly. I am suffering through this arc because it is Danganronpa and I want some gaps to be filled and possibly a closure.

phaze

Thunderbolt Fantasy 11

Even when writing fairly predictable set of events, Urobuchi manages to instill them with energy, wit and just, I dunno how to call it, satisfaction from seeing the long woven plot threads and character arcs come together at last and and in a logical manner.

Hype for Shang reaching maximum levels.

Tales of Zestiria 06

Noooo not hawt Char with boobs
erptuu90uug3.gif

How dare they kill off my favourite character yet again.

Casshern Sins 18
Well, that's one way to beat the tsun out of tsundere.

It's been the case for a while but that Ergo Proxy comparison pic really rings true lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom