• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer Anime 2016 |OT| Makes Me Happy When Skies Are Grey

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is there something about Flip Flappers I'm missing? It looks like a generic magical girl anime.

Unless the words "directed by Ikuhara" are in there, there aren't really any good yuri anime (by which I mean "actual" yuri, not just yuribait/class S stuff). I'd love to see some, but the trailer for Flip Flappers doesn't really impress and I have no reason to expect this to ever change unless by some miracle Citrus or AnoKiss get anime adaptations.

I'm just messing around.

It'll probably be a yuri show as much as Nanoha was a yuri show.

What three words were missing from the end of ReZero that I should be angry about? I missed sonething?!?

At the end of the show, Emilia was supposed to say:
"Who is Rem?"

As in, Rem was attacked by the Archbishop of Gluttony and subsequently forgotten about by everybody but Subaru and placed into a coma.

Cornbread78

"Who is Rem?"

As in, Rem was attacked by the Archbishop of Gluttony and subsequently forgotten about by everybody but Subaru and placed into a coma.

What episode was that from? Wasn't only Ram mentioned in that final scene?

Defuser

You shouldn't have ask that idiotic question Cornbread when you knew very well animegaf love to bitch about future content of adaptations.

Cornbread78

Sola ep.1
38226275ab3550d2_w.jpg
I could already tell after the first couple mins that the childhood friend is going to end up completely broken by the end of this show. With that being said, I have no idea what I just watched either looks like some supernatural, drama heavy, crapmance, where the most entertainment I will get it guessing how bad the childhood friend will get burned by the end...

Has anyone watched this?

I just went through that whole list and clicked on shit that I might want to check out

and none of the trailers appealed to me in the slightest.

Looks like Natsume Yuujinchou is the only thing I care about as of right now.
That's a shame, I think there is tons of cool stuff!

My only bummer is that some of the things that interest me a lot are specials and I don't know if I'll be able to watch them at all.

The Black Clover special and My Hero Academia special*

Hoping Funimation gets the MHA special! That's the important one!!!

Sick burn bro.

I'm saying that with initial trailers where all I'm going with is the visuals and the presentation, nothing is appealing to me aside of an established show I already know about, which the PV wasn't exactly exciting either.

We'll see once the season starts. When this season started I wasn't even interested in Thunderbolt fantasy, maybe something like that appears again.

zulux21

really it would be a 9.5 if I had the choice, but since I don't I decided to round up.

overall really enjoyed the series. and going by my mal ratings (which really don't mean much and I randomly change anyways :p) it would be in the top 21 of 727 completed anime (I am missing some, just haven't figured out what yet lol).

as for the ending, It was nice to see it end where it did instead of a big twist to set up for a season 2 that will likely happen, but also could fail to happen.

(R) = Read the Source Material

Will Watch
3-gatsu no Lion
FLIP FLAPPERS
Hibike! Euphonium 2
Keijo!!!!!!!! (R)
Natsume Yuujinchou Go (R)
Udon no Kuni no Kiniro Kemari
Wwwworking
Teekyuu 8

Might Watch
BUNGOU STRAY DOGS 2
Drifters
Fune wo Amu
Long Riders!
Mahou Shoujo Ikusei Keikaku
Occultic;Nine
Tiger Mask W
TRICKSTER: Edogawa Rampo "Shounen Tantei-dan" yori

A rare season that I haven't read most of the source material for the shows I'm watching.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Haruhi fans will fondly (?!) remember Endless Eight, the season 2 arc that repeated the same episode 8 times. To celebrate Haruhi's return to home video, we're doing a special live stream to help you relive those wonderful (?!) days--by having Funimation's own Justin Rojas watch all of Endless Eight AT THE SAME TIME?!

Save the date and tune in this Thursday (9/22) at 9:00pm ET to watch the insanity on Funimation's YouTube channel! The live stream will be in Japanese with English subtitles (to make it a LITTLE easier to follow).

Whhhhhhhhhhhhhhhy...

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
Sola ep.1

I could already tell after the first couple mins that the childhood friend is going to end up completely broken by the end of this show. With that being said, I have no idea what I just watched either looks like some supernatural, drama heavy, crapmance, where the most entertainment I will get it guessing how bad the childhood friend will get burned by the end...

Has anyone watched this?

Yes. I like it a lot. Matsuri is one of my favorite characters visually cuz her clothes are neat and her personality pretty sweet. The show is a tad generic filled with tropes and such but it satisfies a random void for those looking for a supernatural romance. The ending is a hot dumpster fire tho.

Quasar

I just went through that whole list and clicked on shit that I might want to check out

and none of the trailers appealed to me in the slightest.

Looks like Natsume Yuujinchou is the only thing I care about as of right now.

That and Euphonium.

Though I am kind of curious to see how Japan depicts rugby. And I am intrigued by Fune wo Amu.

Mailbox

Whhhhhhhhhhhhhhhy...

"Kyon-kun, denwa"
"Kyon-kun, denwa"
"Kyon-kun, denwa"
"Kyon-kun, denwa"
"Kyon-kun, denwa"
"Kyon-kun, denwa"
"Kyon-kun, denwa"
"Kyon-kun, denwa"

For the masochists out there.

Well, I know what I'm doing Thursday.

We truely live in the darkest timeline:linky

i cant be the only person who legitimately enjoyed endless eight

Artistically, its amazingly interesting. Direction & cinematography wise, its cool. Narritively, its does cool prep work for a unfortunately underwhelming character arc (I could do a write up about how disappointing Nagato's whole character arc really is, but that would be too much work, and i'm lazy :p).

But pacing wise, its a downright mess. it should have been 5 episodes MAX. 2 for the first loop, 2 for the alter-loop and 1 to escape. It would have still made us focus on the repetition and made of feel empathy, but my god they went overboard with that shit.

Mailbox

GUYS i'm so stoked for fall!!!

Ao Oni the animation is gonna be great. Aoty 2016!

seriously though, theres a cpuple of big hitters and some potential stand outs. Personally most excited about Keijo!!!!!!!!, even though i think it won't be good. The manga was surprisingly entertaining. although Drifters has my eye.

zulux21

Next season is arguably the most loaded season for me in a long time.

Lots of high-quality shows and big names next season.

I did.

on paper, next season doesn't look super exciting.

but there are like 6 shows that I have some hope will turn out decently.

the only one I will for sure be watching that isn't a sequel is drifters.

love me some more hellsing :p

Instro

"Who is Rem?"

Meh cliff hanger. Better to end on a complete note, just in case a potential season 2 doesn't happen, or is very far off.

GUYS i'm so stoked for fall!!!

Ao Oni the animation is gonna be great. Aoty 2016!

seriously though, theres a cpuple of big hitters and some potential stand outs. Personally most excited about Keijo!!!!!!!!, even though i think it won't be good. The manga was surprisingly entertaining. although Drifters has my eye.

Keijo will be the MVP fall anime ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Man I gotta check out Iron blooded-orphans considering its getting a second season

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom