• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer Anime 2016 |OT| Makes Me Happy When Skies Are Grey

Status
Not open for further replies.

Qurupeke

Flying Witch 7
awF1AHo.png
frMdQvy.png
Mmm, I think I missed the show's slow pacing more than I expected. Ghost-chan is cute.

Exalted

I miss Flying Witch , such an relaxing show.
Q04B2EZ.png

Has anybody any recommendations on similar shows to this or Barakamon? Preferably ones that are not based on office/work or schools, since i don't find those settings relaxing and have minimal drama.

Has anybody any recommendations on similar shows to this or Barakamon? Preferably ones that are not based on office/work or schools, since i don't find those settings relaxing and have minimal drama.

Kamichu sounds like the perfect fit. It got a pretty unique world and premise too.

Joe Molotov

Non Non Biyori is the best. Amanchu is good too.

Edit: Aria of course, and Sketchbook ~full color's~.

blurr

Thanks for the recommendations ! Do you maybe have any ideas for any other relaxing shows that don't look like just cute girls doing cute things :p ?

These are relaxing albeit not entirely "slice of life":
Natsume Book of Friends
Haibane Renmei

Exalted

These are relaxing albeit not entirely "slice of life":
Natsume Book of Friends
Haibane Renmei

Thanks, will go with Natsume ,since i already watched S1 years ago , but forgot about the later seasons. With 4 seasons total, this should last me a few months :p, since i usually don't binge watch watch SOL shows and watch an episode when i'm in the mood for them.

JulianImp

Kizumonogatari 2

For one, I can't praise the way the show's been handling this adaptation enough. It retains the essence of the Monogatari series even by taking away the internal monologues that were omnipresent in the show, and the return of the first season's director gives it a fresh and distinct look compared to what I've gotten used to starting with Nise onwards.

The lewdness is still there (and how!), the whimsical artstyle changes are still there, and Araragi gives us some much needed male fanservice with his newfound vampire muscles. Removing the internal monologues forced a "show, don't tell" approach to adapting stuff that has been quite good so far, and the more prominent use of pauses alongside Shaft's trademark constant camera changes coupled with quirky scene continuity made it a joy to watch.

I kind of predicted that the movie would end after Episode but before Guilliotine Cutter, because that would've been the best way to structure things after having the first movie cover the events leading up to Araragi accepting Meme's deal in order to recover Kiss-Shot's stolen limbs.

... And I can now add the prospect of staying around to watch Part 3 in January to the long list of reasons why I should try to get a job in Japan.

Joe Molotov

New Game! 01

So this is just a high school anime where their high school is a job, right? Aoba is the first-year, Hifumi, Yun, and Hajime are the second-years, Yagami-sensei is the wacky home room teacher, Rin is the more down-to-earth gym teacher, Shizuku is the principal, and Umiko is the vice-principal.

So far I give the show a cute-girls-doing-cute-things/10, which is of course the highest score possible.

New Game! 01

So this is just a high school anime where their high school is a job, right? Aoba is the first-year, Hifumi, Yun, and Hajime are the second-years, Yagami-sensei is the wacky home room teacher, Rin is the more down-to-earth gym teacher, Shizuku is the principal, and Umiko is the vice-principal.

So far I give the show a cute-girls-doing-cute-things/10, which is of course the highest score possible.
Oh please.

Rin would be the math teacher.

JulianImp

I need to see Part 2 in a theater.

You really ought to, if you can. The movies are a joy to watch, even though you might not be all that comfortable with the staple crazy Monogatari fanservice.

And then buy the BD once it releases for that sweet, sweet commentary track... which probably will be dropped from the subbed version of the movies, sadly.

Cornbread78

Thanks, will go with Natsume ,since i already watched S1 years ago , but forgot about the later seasons. With 4 seasons total, this should last me a few months :p, since i usually don't binge watch watch SOL shows and watch an episode when i'm in the mood for them.

I'll throe a couple in there:

Acchi Kocchi
Usagi Drop
Tamako Market
Amagi Brilliant Park

Line_HTX

You really ought to, if you can. The movies are a joy to watch, even though you might not be all that comfortable with the staple crazy Monogatari fanservice.

And then buy the BD once it releases for that sweet, sweet commentary track... which probably will be dropped from the subbed version of the movies, sadly.

I watched the Hanekawa bits and other fancy clothing with the car crash, and everyone in the theater room chuckled. I'll be fine.

blurr

Tnx, have aded Usagi Drop from the bunch to my backlog , to watch in the future since the description looked interesting, and it has a really high score on MAL.

Yep, it is very good. As much as possible do not bother with the manga, draw your own conclusions to the story.

Cornbread78

Twin Star Exorcists ep.24
36C1GHO.jpg

We are still in the "filler" episodes, even though it just feels like a separate arc and nothing different. Pretty good episode overall but lacked the action and passion I really appreciate about the show. Looks like this arc will continue next week as well. Was Sae chan in the manga at all?

Exalted

Yep, it is very good. As much as possible do not bother with the manga, draw your own conclusions to the story.
Ugh, well this sounds foreboding. (the manga part) Hope it is not what i think it is. I vaguely remember Cornbread and other complaining in the past about how a specific show continues in the manga. Hope they were not talking about this...

Cornbread78

Ugh, well this sounds foreboding. (the manga part) Hope it is not what i think it is. I vaguely remember Cornbread and other complaining in the past about how a specific show continues in the manga. Hope they were not talking about this...

A manga doesn't exist for Usagi drop.

Just watch the beautiful anime with the same name.

Twin Star Exorcists ep.24
36C1GHO.jpg

We are still in the "filler" episodes, even though it just feels like a separate arc and nothing different. Pretty good episode overall but lacked the action and passion I really appreciate about the show. Looks like this arc will continue next week as well. Was Sae chan in the manga at all?

Nope, everything right now is completely original. I think the filler is scheduled for 8 episodes total.

Cornbread78

Is anyone else creating any OTs for the fall shows?

I'm doing one for "Magical Girl Raising Project"

Any others? A lot of sequels this fall...

Line_HTX

The rough and tough cutthroat rugby ALL OUT!! will be fucking 25 episodes.

Hope this anime will have more hits than Olympic rugby, WHOO!

It's intesresting to see the top 15 selling stuff for Right stuff right now

https://myanimelist.net/featured/1915/Top_15_Selling_Anime_–_August_2016

15. Absolute Duo
14. Charlotte
13. Death Parade
12. SHIMONETA
11. Fate/Zero
10. Overlord
9. My Hero Academia
8. High School DxD
7. The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya (previously number 9)
6. Sailor Moon S (previously number 1)
5. Persona 3 The Movie 4
4. Love, Chunibyo & Other Delusions Heart Throb
3. Code Geass: Lelouch of the Rebellion (previously number 2)
2. Spice and Wolf
1. Sailor Moon Crystal (previously number 8)

The rough and tough cutthroat rugby ALL OUT!! will be fucking 25 episodes.

Hope this anime will have more hits than Olympic rugby, WHOO!

I'm oddly excited for this, as a really rather crap under 15s prop I'm going to enjoy them trying to make something anime out of 30 sweaty, muddy lads throwing cheap digs during rucks and mauls. Cauliflower eared MC anybody?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom