• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer Anime 2016 |OT| Makes Me Happy When Skies Are Grey

Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting definition of "vocal minority" when even in this thread most of its viewers liked it.

Also that generic "gonna laugh at the freak out when xyz wins" comments seem rather pointless when there's never anything even close to an outrage.

Though, there seem to be some individuals that seem to take particularly strong offense to Re:Zero being called shit 😉

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Interesting definition of "vocal minority" when even in this thread most of its viewers liked it.

Also that generic "gonna laugh at the freak out when xyz wins" comments seem rather pointless when there's never anything even close to an outrage.

There seem to be some individuals that seem to take particularly easy offense to Re:Zero being called shit ��

That's not an "interesting definition," that's just what a vocal minority is. If most people liked it but the people who didn't chain post about why it sucks, what do you call that?

I legitimately don't think the show is polarizing at all (e.g. most people seemed to really like it), but based on the reaction I saw around the interwebs while it was airing, you'd think it was Fate Stay/night.

Thoraxes

Pls tell me what shows you are all planning to watch this fall so I can make an ot that reflects the tastes of the community

I'm not making a poll this season.

And anyone who wants to write a quick summary for a particular show let me know here, pm, twitter, etc
Eupho S2.

Imma post the last episode impressions soon too. If you want, link to that as a primer/viewing guide for people that want to get caught up. I got links to every episode's impressions in each post. I think it'd be helpful.

That's not an "interesting definition," that's just what a vocal minority is. If most people liked it but the people who didn't chain post about why it sucks, what do you call that?

I legitimately don't think the show is polarizing at all (e.g. most people seemed to really like it), but based on the reaction I saw around the interwebs while it was airing, you'd think it was Fate Stay/night.

You might as well just quote the MAL score at this point.

I legitimately don't think the show is polarizing at all, but based on the reaction I saw around the interwebs while it was airing, you'd think it was Fate Stay/night.

Again, saying it's the 'vocal' minority as opposed to just the minority makes little sense when the majority of comments towards the show were positive. I'm one of the few who did complain about it a bunch here and there. Then there's maybe Jarmel some time ago and...else it's certainly nothing close to "chain-posting'.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Shokugeki no Soma [END]

It's too bad they can't get to the arc after this, because it (accurately) felt like this season was completely overloaded with the tournament arc. Of course, the next arc kind of bleeds into the events that are still going on, so it probably wasn't a realistic possibility.

I can only assume this is the end of the line for this in animated form outside of OVAs, particularly given Risa Taneda's health issues.

I think Re:Zero is too divisive to really reach AOTY status, though it definitely has a chance.

My guess for AOTY is that it'll either be Mob Psycho 100 or Jojo Diamond is Unbreakable, with Re:Zero, Erased, and Kiznaiver trailing behind.

Angry Grimace

I'm gonna troll the vote by voting for Mayoiga.

I legit forgot I watched all of that.

I must've overlooked the reactions because I only looked at the final list. What was he hub-bub over IBO?

Some Gundam fans got mad that people outside of their circle liked IBO and started throwing shade about how they must not be real Gundam fans who have watched every shitty Gundam series.

Quasar

Though, there seem to be some individuals that seem to take particularly strong offense to Re:Zero being called shit 😉

Given I almost never agree with the AOTY ratings, seeing another anime I dropped partway through highly voted wont bother me none. And really my personal stakes are pretty low for an anime poll. I might as well get upset about MAL rating Gintama as the best anime of all time.

Sölf

Death Note 20
New Opening and Ending. Show improved 100% by that alone.

Also, I love this. Those mindgames are something else. I don't care about knowing what I knew before, the ride is worth it so much.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Mob Psycho?

Maybe it won't get the quantity of votes, but the votes it does get could all very well be rather high judging by many impressions.

Often those are the shows that actually win. Very rarely has the mainstream popular show that is divisive ever won.

Also watch a surprise entry from Pokémon because you'll find more GAFers watched that as a result of the Ash losing again arc than most other shows.

Some Gundam fans got mad that people outside of their circle liked IBO and started throwing shade about how they must not be real Gundam fans who have watched every shitty Gundam series.

Ah, yes, people getting angry because other people have the audacity to like something they don't.

The lowest circle of fandom hell.

I liked Re:Zero a lot, but I'm gonna let that AOTY place open. Not because of the Fall, but because I wanna let that show marinate in my list. As a matter of fact, I am doing to with all of my current pickings that are there now.

Mob Psycho and 91 Days are this season's winners, hands down though. I just need to watch this Mob finale and then 91 Days this Friday, so I can decide which one wins.

Cornbread78

I think Re:Zero is too divisive to really reach AOTY status, though it definitely has a chance.

My guess for AOTY is that it'll either be Mob Psycho 100 or Jojo Diamond is Unbreakable, with Re:Zero, Erased, and Kiznaiver trailing behind.

This is about right, but I think MHA will be ahead of Kiznaiver and maybe even Erased. Eupho will probably be up there as well..

Mob Psycho 100 12 END

That was pretty much exactly what I would want out of a show like this. Crazy animation, amazing creativity and variety within a cohesive visual framework, and Reigen stepping in to thwart the expected big violent confrontation. I really enjoy Mob and Reigen's relationship, and it paid off great here. The epilogue showing the development (or non-development) of all the various characters was a nice touch as well. Overall, a great show. I didn't entirely jive with its sense of humor, and the Claw are a rather cliche evil organization which dragged down the show for a few episodes (and I'm not looking forward to their continued presence in any continuation), but I certainly can't complain about the work Tachikawa and company did in realizing this story in animated format. They took advantage of the possibilities of animation to the fullest, and that alone deserves respect. That it was tied to mostly interesting material is the cherry on top.

Thud

Mob Psycho 100 - Season Finale

Based reigen stealing the show.

I'm not sure if they can keep this level of quality going in S2, but I'll still watch it anyway.

Cornbread78

Code Geass R2 ep.7
ghostfriends.jpg
Say what Lelouch? Are you really going to go along with them
and join the S.E.Z?
No way this decision sticks..

The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel II

Actual anime of the year. All other anime I've watched and haven't watched cannot compare and I am ruined for the rest of the year. What do I do with myself? How can I go on without more Towa, Millium, Sara and Laura?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom