• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer Games Done Quick 2016 OT | July 3rd - July 10th | Gotta go fast!

Does anyone know if the Yetee SGDQ shirts are different for each day, or is it the same ones throughout the week? There are a few I like, but I can't quite decide exactly how many and which I want, so I'd like to wait a little.

same ones. you can take your time.

Those reviews though
CmdOPkoXYAAzduC.jpg:large

I still love Mario Sunshine. It's a fantastic game and worth the Wii U update instead of Wind Waker.

TheJoRu

same ones. you can take your time.

Those designs are stable for the week. It just changes which two to show daily from that pool.

Nice, thanks!

Those reviews though
CmdOPkoXYAAzduC.jpg:large

Can't say I agree with the very high scores. Sunshine is a solid 8/10 game, no more and no less. It has a solid core, and a very good presentation, but there's enough flaws in the level design and other minor annoyances to hurt the overall experience.

Does anyone know if the Yetee SGDQ shirts are different for each day, or is it the same ones throughout the week? There are a few I like, but I can't quite decide exactly how many and which I want, so I'd like to wait a little.

Those designs are stable for the week. It just changes which two to show daily from that pool.

Easy_D

never left the stone age
Something that's been bothering me. If they read right to left in Japan, why does the text appear left to right in the game?

Edit: We have a GAF chat? :eek: Wait I think I was invited to that one last year, but I closed it :lol. Same username on Twitch if someone'd be so inclined to let me spam Kappas and CoolCats

Something that's been bothering me. If they read right to left in Japan, why does the text appear left to right in the game?

There are two different ways to read Japanese, it depends on how it's presented.

Normally, it's left to right, one row at a time. But there's another system where it's read top to bottom moving from the right most column to the left.

This explains it better!

Vire

Oh yeah, now I remember how garbage the framerate was in this fight. Hard to believe Nintendo released it in that state.

Is it just me (or maybe the acoustics) or does it seem like the crowd isn't very enthusiastic this year?

I'm just not feeling the energy in the room so far. I hope it's just me.

Feltrol

Banned
My favorite Zelda in over a decade coming up! :))

Enjoy it!

If you haven't, I recommend you playing Majora's Mask 3DS.

Is it just me (or maybe the acoustics) or does it seem like the crowd isn't very enthusiastic this year?

Each AGDQ / SGDQ gets more and more rules, which means: no fun allowed.

This year's AGDQ was the first AGDQ that didn't break the donation record of last year's AGDQ. So, that clearly means something.

idonteven

it's been shitty since the super strict rules...i miss the good old times when everyone was just having fun

i imagine not everyone's there yet, people are still getting settled. Also, it seems like the stage is quite a bit ahead of the crowd here. The old GDQs had a lot of crowd-noise because there was very little distance. I kinda miss that, tbh.

Vire

Hard to get hyped about Sunshine.

Top Bottom