• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer Games Done Quick 2016 OT | July 3rd - July 10th | Gotta go fast!

tci

I need a list of all the Games Done Quick controversies over the years. Seem to be new ones popping up every year that I've missed! lol
Let's not. I don't understand why people bother with the drama. Let's keep this about the event, and speed runs.

Speevy

Banned
[/url]

Overated games exist. Sunshine is massively overated and the best example of making a shit mario in 3D. Flood was a mistake. Voice and story was a mistake. That game is only good to childrens first mario or gamecube fanboys of the era. All was corrected in Galaxy though.

It was the last Mario worth speedrunning though. The newer ones don't seem nearly as exploitable.

PKrockin

It was the last Mario worth speedrunning though. The newer ones don't seem nearly as exploitable.
Yeah, it's the last 3D Mario with any kind of interesting movement/physics to master. Galaxy and 3DL/W are nice and chill games to play and enjoy the level design, but there's not much to it.

Broken Joystick

At least you can talk. Who are you?

gif-britney-haynes-cringe-embarassed-embarrassed-recoil-wince-gif.gif

edit: Fair enough, let's stick to this year

javadoze

Yeah, it's the last 3D Mario with any kind of interesting movement/physics to master. Galaxy and 3DL/W are nice and chill games to play and enjoy the level design, but there's not much to it.

I'd argue 3DWorld is at least more interesting to speedrun than the Galaxy games. But yeah, compared to the movement options/speed of 64 and Sunshine, the newer games are still a little lacking.

Aruarian Reflection

Chauffeur de la gdlk
Didnt we get a couple split up after one year when the wife/girlfriend slept with a couple of the runners at the event?

I don't follow speedrunning so I had to google the story. Wow, they had a popular stream and then after she cheated on him they've disappeared from the internet for 2 years. It's Sam and Tolki for anybody curious

I finsihed ALBW for the first time yesterday and played all those dungeons. Strange to watch it played like that now.

Great game btw.

Rainy

Banned
I don't remember if I've been added to the chat before but my username is "phoenixJ2", thanks in advance!

MrPanic

I forgot how good this game was, kinda wanna replay it right now.

This game has some cool speedrun tricks, this is a very entertaining watch.

Top Bottom